LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

This car is smarter than ME!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-17, 09:44 AM
jimisbell
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by biacs
You can fish around and locate the button sitting in teh driver seat once you have a good idea where it is. There is also a volume dial nearby for the alarm 'beep'. Sometimes you may want it adjusted, which is a very nice thing to have as an option.
I finally found it. I made note that t he button toward the rear of the car ( nearest to you) is the reset for the tire pressure warning. and the one toward the front of the car is the on/off for the smart key. Now my smart key works and the tire warning is off. Those idiots at Discount Tire pushed the WRONG button. Good thing it wasnt the"detonate" button.
Old 04-12-17, 11:12 AM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

I can keep track of which button does what without looking at them by sensing their tactile feel. The tire pressure button is a momentary button and only makes electrical contact when pushed. It feels smooth to the touch when you press it.

The SmartKey switch on the other hand has a detent built into it to keep it locked in either the on or off position. When you press this button you should be able to feel the click...
Old 04-12-17, 11:14 AM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

I have a premium, which is a base with a few add ons like trunk matt, wheel locks and cargo net. you have a ML which is a Modern Luxury which has the Mark Levinson stereo (more speakers and more powerful amp) and the navigation system and everything that comes on a premium.CL stands for Custom Luxury which has everything that a ML has and a little bit more leather and headlight washers and laminated windows I believe. more soundproof. The UL stands for Ultra Luxury and it has everything that the CL has and air shocks, massaging back seat and radio and a/c controls in the back seat, also has a cool box in the back to keep your champaigne chilled. some of this info will be wrong, but someone will correct my understanding of the levels. (they always do)
Old 04-12-17, 01:59 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm sorry---nothing informative for me to add to this thread, except I've never LOL'ed as much as after reading JIMI's posts!

From the "maybe the red means I'm not smart enough", to the "piece flew over my shoulder into another dimension", to the "glad it wasn't the detonate button" to the "felt good to really destroy it" to the "maybe I'll stand on my head to find it", to-----maybe my favorite to date, "I'd rather have a tractor beam!" I've never laughed as much on this forum until now!!!!! Jimi, keep it up buddy. We're here for you Jimi, but it suuuuure is fun (for me) to read how you put your frustration into words!!!
The following users liked this post:
Jabberwock (04-12-17)
Old 04-12-17, 02:29 PM
jimisbell
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
I'm sorry---nothing informative for me to add to this thread, except I've never LOL'ed as much as after reading JIMI's posts!

From the "maybe the red means I'm not smart enough", to the "piece flew over my shoulder into another dimension", to the "glad it wasn't the detonate button" to the "felt good to really destroy it" to the "maybe I'll stand on my head to find it", to-----maybe my favorite to date, "I'd rather have a tractor beam!" I've never laughed as much on this forum until now!!!!! Jimi, keep it up buddy. We're here for you Jimi, but it suuuuure is fun (for me) to read how you put your frustration into words!!!
I guess I have found my audience....LOL I just find that humor helps to calm you down when you get frustrated....that and a Crown Royal over ice.

I have finally gotten most everything working now with the help of you guys. Only thing that is frustrating me now is the center covers on the wheels. Seems there is no standard and I have managed to purchase two, neither of which match the car, so I now have 6 covers and 4 styles. Two chrome 2 7/8", two gold GS400 2 7/8" , one gold grooved, and one gold '04 LS-430 2 1/2" diam. I think I will just purchase four that look alike and are gold. Mine were new with the car but apparently the dealer put on GS400 caps instead of LS-430 caps when he decked it out for the buyer. Two were stolen and were replaced with the chrome covers, It looks like ALL of them have the same size hole, just different outside disk dimensions.