Rear Seat armrest/trunk door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 08:42 PM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rear Seat armrest/trunk door?

Quick question.
Upon giving my 06 an interior cleaning I noticed that when the rear passenger armrest is down, there is clear access to the trunk. I understand the ski/long package usage but I was wondering if there is a missing panel that would be close able to the trunk when the armrest is in use? (down position).

It seems a rear passenger could put something on the armrest and it would / could slide into the trunk as it is now.

Thanks all!

​​​​​​​Doug k
Old 05-01-17, 09:10 PM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

Received 170 Likes on 129 Posts

there is a panel,it springs in the up position. look in the trunk and you will see it above the opening
Old 05-01-17, 09:11 PM
OkNowWhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltd76gold
Quick question.
Upon giving my 06 an interior cleaning I noticed that when the rear passenger armrest is down, there is clear access to the trunk. I understand the ski/long package usage but I was wondering if there is a missing panel that would be close able to the trunk when the armrest is in use? (down position).

It seems a rear passenger could put something on the armrest and it would / could slide into the trunk as it is now.

Thanks all!

Doug k
Yes there is a panel that closes off the trunk area. I linked a picture of my 2001 from the cabin and from the trunk hope that helps!

http://imgur.com/a/oXidc
Old 05-02-17, 08:31 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Thanks for the data guys!

Mine is missing. I did just recently have the rear struts/shocks replaced. While I helped the local indie shop, I did not see it taken off when the seat came out... May not have been there.
​​
Old 05-03-17, 08:20 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Went over to my shop and looked around for the trunk/cabin cargo hatch...no joy. I bought her used and she may not have ever had it as far as I can tell.

Lexus Part No.: 64270-50011

BOARD ASSY, ROOM PARTITION

OK, found this $300+ gemstone new.

Looks to be something of a plug and play item as far as installation, but a bit over the top for what it does at that price. I might make a nice Velcro-ed panel in lieu of new. That being said, anyone have a used part (wrecker) source they trust?

Thanks all! Any data welcomed.

Doug k
Old 05-03-17, 09:25 AM
OkNowWhat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ltd76gold
Went over to my shop and looked around for the trunk/cabin cargo hatch...no joy. I bought her used and she may not have ever had it as far as I can tell.

Lexus Part No.: 64270-50011

BOARD ASSY, ROOM PARTITION

OK, found this $300+ gemstone new.

Looks to be something of a plug and play item as far as installation, but a bit over the top for what it does at that price. I might make a nice Velcro-ed panel in lieu of new. That being said, anyone have a used part (wrecker) source they trust?

Thanks all! Any data welcomed.

Doug k
Whew that's an expensive flap of plastic!
Old 05-03-17, 09:36 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Whew that's an expensive flap of plastic!
Yes it is but being vehicle specific, I get it.
And it is actually quite a contraption with doors on both sides that are held by an independent frame. I just hope that the "assembly" comes with all of the components for that price. I have not seen a break down view if the components being sold independently....but a "custom job" may be my best option.

Doug k
Old 05-04-17, 08:54 PM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Found a used part with both doors and frame for $150 + from a wrecker. $300 new.

Can someone take a peek at theirs and tell me if this hatch attaches with the common 1/2 twist plastic interior and under the hood latches?

If so, I've a bunch of those and the install should be pain free. If not... I will fabricate a nice plug that will be removed from the trunk side should I ever have to use the pass through.

​​​​​​Thanks for any feedback,

​​​​​​​Doug k

​​
Old 05-04-17, 11:54 PM
OkNowWhat
Driver School Candidate

Nice find! So I looked up down and around from the trunk and the back seat and have no idea how that thing is attached haha. My guess is that there are screws or something that go in from the trunk that are hidden by the fabric in the trunk. I was hoping I'd find something to help you out but I'm sure when you get the part it'll be obvious.
The following users liked this post:
ltd76gold (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 04:32 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Found one on e-bay for $65 with screws. Search "LS430 oem trunk lid storage". Also, search by part number 64270-50010 and you will find 3 for around $100. Hope it's not too late. I have had good luck finding these types of parts on e-bay.
The following users liked this post:
ltd76gold (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 07:12 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Found one on e-bay for $65 with screws. Search "LS430 oem trunk lid storage". Also, search by part number 64270-50010 and you will find 3 for around $100. Hope it's not too late. I have had good luck finding these types of parts on e-bay.
Ebay...Well done and thanks!!! I've also had good fortune both buying and selling there but for this part...it never even came to mind. Already have it in my shopping cart.

I does appear from the pix that this sucker (in more ways than one) must me screwed in from the cabin side and that will require seat removal once again. I do not relish having to rip into this again as the seat bottom is a pain to get aligned to snap into place.

If anyone knows a different approach, I'd appreciate the advice.
sgretchko .... Thanks a ton bro! You too OK!

Doug k
Old 05-06-17, 02:54 PM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Ordered the ebay part and noticed it has a key lock on the cabin side door. I'm hoping that the lock is just Lexus key ready and not vehicle key dependant? Said another way, any ls430 straight key works?

If not, it does appear you can open it from the trunk side without a key, which would be ok but not ideal.

Pretty sure now that mine did not have the partition door..... Ah, used cars... Always a surprise or 7.

​​​​​​​Doug k
​​​​
​​​
Old 05-06-17, 05:28 PM
OkNowWhat
Driver School Candidate

Even if the lock on your eBay part is vehicle dependent it shouldn't matter because you don't have to unlock it every time to open it. I suppose if you really wanted to lock it for extra security you could go to Lexus and have them change the pins but I'm perfectly content leaving mine unlocked.
Old 05-07-17, 06:43 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 340 Likes on 292 Posts

I have to use the car key in the GS to open and lock that door. I'm thinking the LS is the same.
Old 05-07-17, 07:12 AM
OkNowWhat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sha4000
I have to use the car key in the GS to open and lock that door. I'm thinking the LS is the same.
At least in the 2001 LS you don't need the key to open it. I know this because I've opened mine and never used the key.

Quick Reply: Rear Seat armrest/trunk door?