LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Finally found one with low miles! What do you think about this deal fellas/gals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-17, 10:48 AM
Dacubs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys and I had him send me over 35 pictures of the exterior and interior. i can maybe post them on here so you guys can take a look? Not sure the best way to do it.
Old 07-06-17, 10:54 AM
Dacubs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddnoxb1i8...r4x_imyxa?dl=0

i just uploaded the photos to drop box. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the advice and help again!
Old 07-06-17, 11:12 AM
Tharper1
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

When I bought mine last spring (long distance purchase) we arranged a Face Time call. Worked great as I could talk to him and ask questions as he showed the condition of the car as he walked around both the inside and outside. Pictures are good but this was Really good.
Old 07-06-17, 11:42 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Dacubs
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddnoxb1i8...r4x_imyxa?dl=0

i just uploaded the photos to drop box. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the advice and help again!
Have a couple of minor comments. Clear headlight lenses good. What does "MOMZRKS" stand for? Mom's something? Female owner? Just curious. NAV screen is lit. Suggest ask any problems w/ dimming or slow warm up. Engine is dirty (but I'm a detail freak). Tach shows 1,100. Is this the typical idle speed? AC on? Generally looks pretty nice. LOL you've got a bunch of LS'ers (nationwide) helping you buy a car (in another state). Welcome to technology. Maybe you can video the test drive and share? Just kidding.
Old 07-06-17, 11:47 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tharper1
When I bought mine last spring (long distance purchase) we arranged a Face Time call. Worked great as I could talk to him and ask questions as he showed the condition of the car as he walked around both the inside and outside. Pictures are good but this was Really good.
That's a great idea for buying anything long distance. We're looking for a house for a friend.
Old 07-06-17, 08:44 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

My only comment is that the tires, especially the fronts, look like they are on their last legs. They are Goodyear F1 GS-2 tires which are ultra high performance run flats. Probably not the best riding tire around but I suspect that they handle pretty good...
Old 07-07-17, 04:40 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Have a couple of minor comments. Clear headlight lenses good. What does "MOMZRKS" stand for? Mom's something? Female owner? Just curious. NAV screen is lit. Suggest ask any problems w/ dimming or slow warm up. Engine is dirty (but I'm a detail freak). Tach shows 1,100. Is this the typical idle speed? AC on? Generally looks pretty nice. LOL you've got a bunch of LS'ers (nationwide) helping you buy a car (in another state). Welcome to technology. Maybe you can video the test drive and share? Just kidding.
Mom's Rocks? Creative spelling of Moms Rock?
Old 07-07-17, 04:55 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Why would runflats be on this car I would ask Is there a spare? Make sure to have him take it to a Lexus dealer for an inspection then also call the current service provider for a talk on any/all mechanicals and if it was low on oil on most recent visits for service. U are going pretty well out of your way. U want to get here 95 percent assured this car is sound and has no hidden gremlins, accidents or issues. Call his pastor, well ok guess I am going overboard. How long has it been for sale?
Old 07-08-17, 02:39 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6193943890.html

the last oil change was 13k apart and whats with one lugnut missing, runflat tires ? and replaced all brake pads but one when taken to outside of lexus garage for brake job.
Old 07-08-17, 02:58 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Does the piping on the front seat look ratty or just a picture? Does paint look a little questionable? Have him take it to a Lexus dealer with a body shop to check out paint mechanicals pay the 150 bucks yurself. Definitely not in front of a mansion and an older driver, pretty tight garage for scrapes to happen. Totally playing devils advocate but yur flying yo get a car. It seems like an OK deal for 13k or so when tires t belt figured into it not just sure it has had pristine care. he has a corvette and ultra high performance tire prolly not grsandpa driven. Giving ya alot of pictures is nice says nothing to hide. How many owners? Looks like it was on sale for a couple weeks only if this si the first time sold. Ask if anyone else has been over to look at it why did they hot buy it?
Old 07-08-17, 03:00 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Sorry I see they are only owner so you can see the full service history
Old 07-08-17, 03:11 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Can U get straight on shots of all 4 riims, driver front wheel well lip where he has his body covering maybe a scrape. Black can look super nice but chips scrapes can look otherwise
Old 07-08-17, 03:54 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=461614983

This paint looks better.
Old 07-08-17, 04:03 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=458321216

CL in Vegas silver 11,700
Old 07-08-17, 04:14 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...delCode1=LS430

Silver not black

Quick Reply: Finally found one with low miles! What do you think about this deal fellas/gals?