LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New Member------ Moonlight White Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-17, 06:52 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks for the info. I also confirmed that the TB has not been done on this vehicle. I agree with you, not worth it at this price. I'm looking for stock, clean and well-maintained. This is none of those.
Old 08-08-17, 06:53 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by saihat20
I went to check this car last Sunday. I drove from Houston to Dallas just to check it. ​​​​​​it has some issues

mechanic: control arm, left front suspension, timing belt not replaced, brakes pads, rotors

cosmetic issues: fenders are bent he used to put 20 inch wheels on it, front bumper broken, paint and filling in the right front fender, back bumper scratched. also, some of the rims has scratches.

interior issues: In the back has couple scratches from the dog. it has an aftermarket 3m wood trim he added it to the interior doesn't look good to me but it can be taken away and cleaned. also, there is an aftermarket alarm or something that is wired you can see it the dash by the driver side.

I gave him an offer $7700 just because how rare the color is. he went down to $8800. I didn't buy it. it's not worth it to me.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like it's not worth taking the time to look at and from issues you described the price you offered is probably more accurate of what the car is worth especially sense it sounds as though he didn't really take that great of care of the car based on the basic mechanical issues he has ignored.

This is why even though Cypress Pearl was not my first choice color, when I found my LS and looked over the maintenance records of the car I had to go a little color blind. Cypress is actually not a bad color most of the time. Only when it gets in really bright sun does the green show it's color and I'm not crazy about the color then. Medium sun to dusk and it looks like a gun metal gray to me and I'm good with that color. My LS seems to be a solid car which is the most important thing.
Old 08-09-17, 10:47 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Legender
One for sale like this in the DFW area... Think the price is too high, but here's the link if you're interested...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ct...246414336.html

No affiliation with seller....
That's actually my car. I took the aftermarket wood trim off and will be replacing all 4 rotors/pads next week. Also replacing both front outer tie rods as well next week to bring it up to better condition.
Old 07-22-24, 08:47 PM
olopezel
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ISO of 04-06 Moonlight Pearl with Saddle interior!!!

Hello everyone!! I am new to this forum and in search for my dream car! Painfully, my ol reliable 97 Camry with 300K miles is down so now I actually NEED a new daily driver. Looking for an 04-06 LS430. MUST HAVE the saddle interior AND the moonlight white pearl exterior. I'm located in northern California. I know this combo is very rare, so I'm willing to travel anywhere in the country for one. It probably will take a while to find one, but that's my dream car so I'm willing to wait for the right one. I have cash ready and hope with your help and can finally get my hands on one of these beauties. Thank you and Please let me know what you have!
Old 07-23-24, 03:48 PM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts

I like to look at cars, but only 500 miles from Lubbock
that is only on UL LS 430 most often black, cannot say I have seen a white one
good luck
Old 07-23-24, 07:06 PM
olopezel
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JffGRY706
I like to look at cars, but only 500 miles from Lubbock
that is only on UL LS 430 most often black, cannot say I have seen a white one
good luck
I have actually. It's a gorgeous thing. I'm actually in talks with someone who has posted his for sale twice now, but gotten cold feet at the last second. Hoping I convince him of selling it.