LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Low tire & red triangle message - tried everything

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-17, 11:22 AM
djs123
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Low tire - red triangle maint required light update

Well it's been two days and the light has definitely disappeared. I did, as advised, make sure all tires were at the same psi.
Again, this site resolves my problem.

Thanks you.
dj
Old 08-17-17, 05:59 PM
jimisbell
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by djs123
Well it's been two days and the light has definitely disappeared. I did, as advised, make sure all tires were at the same psi.
Again, this site resolves my problem.

Thanks you.
dj
I hope its fixed, as luck would have it, just 2 days after I posted a solution to you, MY light came on!! I Checked everything and nothing was wrong. So I reset it, and all was well until yesterday when it came on AGAIN. Still all the pressures are correct and again I reset it. So Far so good. I hope it stays reset this time.
Old 08-17-17, 07:20 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 677 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by jimisbell
I hope its fixed, as luck would have it, just 2 days after I posted a solution to you, MY light came on!! I Checked everything and nothing was wrong. So I reset it, and all was well until yesterday when it came on AGAIN. Still all the pressures are correct and again I reset it. So Far so good. I hope it stays reset this time.
If the simple "Reset" does not keep the warning light away, it's time to perform a re-initiation. The procedure involve press-and-hold the reset button until the "Pressure Initial" light appears... Attached is the TSB for this procedure...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-PG004-04.pdf (20.5 KB, 259 views)
The following users liked this post:
jimisbell (08-17-17)
Old 07-29-23, 11:57 AM
tlotoy
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default low tire warning light on 2006 LS430

I'm new on the forum so please be patient. The Low Tire light is on. The tires have been checked by the tire place I bought them from, and air pressure is fine. They reset it and light came back on. I took it to the Lexus dealership, and they said if I put sensors on the tires this will correct the problem but will cost $1100 for 5 sensors. I've owned the car for 5 years and the light hasn't come on before. My mechanic recommends unplugging the ABS module and said this will make the light go away. He also tried to reset by pushing the button and now it won't reset. I'd prefer to get it fixed so if/when I sell the car it will be right. I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Old 07-31-23, 02:58 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 255 Likes on 210 Posts

Sounds like the Lexus dealer is full of *****. Yes, you can fit aftermarket Tyre Pressure Sensors to the wheels, but that will require a separate display as they will not integrate with the LS430 system as it uses the wheel speed sensors to detect low tyre pressure.

When you Reset the TPMS you need to follow the procedure detailed in the Owners Manual in FULL.
1- First set your tyre pressures using an accurate gauge.
2- Put the ignition key in the ignition switch and turn to 2nd position (On). Do NOT start the car!!
3- Press and HOLD the Reset button until the dash shows "Pressure Initial".
4- Turn ignition off, then get in car, start her and go for a good 1 to 1½ hour drive at speeds between 30 and 60Mph on dry roads.
Your TPMS system is now initialised.

If you make a mistake, start over from step 2.
If it shows "Check System" then you have a fault in the system.
Old 07-31-23, 05:47 AM
tlotoy
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Boomer,
Thanks for your help. I was able to reset the warning light. I had a thought about the low tire light problem that I'm going to try and see if it will keep from coming back on. I had purchased a new spare tire, same brand as my others but the spare was purchased afterwards, around 5-10K miles later. The spare was recently incorporated in the rotation with the others. I'm thinking maybe with the tread being newer that it's changing the rotation enough to cause the low tire light to come on. I'm going to have that tire(newest) placed back in the trunk. Maybe wishful thinking but thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
BigBoomer (08-02-23)
Old 07-31-23, 08:48 AM
trovergraywilson
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love this forum - will be installing new tires soon and now I can just print out the attached TSB from Lexus to show the Costco guys what to do. Thanks, all.
Old 07-31-23, 10:59 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by tlotoy
I'm new on the forum so please be patient. The Low Tire light is on. The tires have been checked by the tire place I bought them from, and air pressure is fine. They reset it and light came back on. I took it to the Lexus dealership, and they said if I put sensors on the tires this will correct the problem but will cost $1100 for 5 sensors. I've owned the car for 5 years and the light hasn't come on before. My mechanic recommends unplugging the ABS module and said this will make the light go away. He also tried to reset by pushing the button and now it won't reset. I'd prefer to get it fixed so if/when I sell the car it will be right. I would appreciate any help you can offer.
If the reset button is pushed when a sensor is dead or wasn’t properly programmed the ECU can go into a closed loop and you will need a tpms scan tool with the program installed to unlock the ECU or you will need a program like TechStream.
Old 08-01-23, 03:09 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 255 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by lexo98
If the reset button is pushed when a sensor is dead or wasn’t properly programmed the ECU can go into a closed loop and you will need a tpms scan tool with the program installed to unlock the ECU or you will need a program like TechStream.
The LS430 does not use direct pressure sensors.
It uses the wheel speed sensors to detect changes in the rolling radius of the tyre.
If the wheel speed sensors fail then you will be seeing ABS errors.
Old 08-01-23, 12:10 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoomer
The LS430 does not use direct pressure sensors.
It uses the wheel speed sensors to detect changes in the rolling radius of the tyre.
If the wheel speed sensors fail then you will be seeing ABS errors.
I didn’t think about that till after I posted, but sounds like something the dealer should have known.