LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2004 possible purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-17, 08:54 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mykvr6
Oh yeah, low pressure light was on, all tires looked fine so maybe it was a sensor. I'll have them check if I decide to buy. They have no haggle pricing so they won't come off the price at all. They are pretty easy to deal with, I've bought a car from them before but basically the price is the price. So it's either worth it as is or not. I'm not sure. Its nice but...I couldn't quite pull the trigger.
They may be no haggle but that doesn't mean you can't. Everything you mentioned is something that needs to be addressed.

Once you bring it home just do what's outlined in this thread to "fix" the "pressure sensor"...
Old 08-22-17, 10:22 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks pretty good. How long has it been for sale? You can always make a lower offer. Seems appropriate since the TB hasn't been done. Age of tires? Depending on brand, marked on tire? I don't know. I bought an 01. Michelins looked good but they were old. Rubber hardens. When I bought new tires, ride was immediately a lot more luxurious.
Old 08-23-17, 05:53 AM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gronemus
They may be no haggle but that doesn't mean you can't. Everything you mentioned is something that needs to be addressed.

Once you bring it home just do what's outlined in this thread to "fix" the "pressure sensor"...
yeah I figured it was either a wacky sensor or just needed a reset. It does have a few problems that they are not really willing to address. They say it's priced accordingly, but I don't think so. Have two more cars I'm looking at hopefully Friday and this weekend. One is another silver on black 112k miles, all service up to date, timing belt done, supposedly everything works and looks clean in pics. Its a 2006 with nav, $9900. Also looking at a clean looking 2002, white on cashmere, 159k, good service records, tb done, maintenance looks up to date. its cheap $5000. Kind of what I was originally looking at before I started seeing theses nicer later model cars. I really didn't want to spend 12 or 13k on a cherry low miles car. I was originally looking for a cheap, well maintained car. I kind of went off on a tangent, but we'll see what these two look like.
Old 08-23-17, 05:55 AM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Looks pretty good. How long has it been for sale? You can always make a lower offer. Seems appropriate since the TB hasn't been done. Age of tires? Depending on brand, marked on tire? I don't know. I bought an 01. Michelins looked good but they were old. Rubber hardens. When I bought new tires, ride was immediately a lot more luxurious.
Its been on their site for awhile. The window sticker says 14995, I think I originally saw it posted online for 12,995 and didn't give it a second look. Then maybe two weeks ago it dropped to 11,995. Funny thing is I thought about calling on it, then it went back up to 12,995 on Monday and I said screw that, then back to 11,995 yesterday so I called to check it out. Nice car but...I'll keep looking. I really didn't want to spend that much and it should be fully operational with no issues at that price I feel.
Old 08-23-17, 11:50 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by mykvr6
Its been on their site for awhile. The window sticker says 14995, I think I originally saw it posted online for 12,995 and didn't give it a second look. Then maybe two weeks ago it dropped to 11,995. Funny thing is I thought about calling on it, then it went back up to 12,995 on Monday and I said screw that, then back to 11,995 yesterday so I called to check it out. Nice car but...I'll keep looking. I really didn't want to spend that much and it should be fully operational with no issues at that price I feel.
I actually really like that one, its a nice combo. Although it doesn't have the factory nav unit which isn't great to begin with, you can add a apple carplay to it pretty easily and have very updated tech. Also recommend looking at cargurus, I think it aggregates everything you find on cars.com/autotrader anyway. Check out this one...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d565&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=77001&distance=75&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=162972569

Good deal also for higher milage and a color combo I really like. Edit: shows a accident
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d565&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=77001&distance=75&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=169266732
Old 08-23-17, 08:46 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Apple Car Play install looks good. Great update. Can also install non ML high end speakers.
Old 08-28-17, 10:05 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Hey mykvr6, hope you are doing OK with the storm, I don't know what part of the city you live in. I used to live in the West University area, it looked in pretty bad shape. I don't know if you purchased a car last week or not or are still looking.
Theres gonna be a large influx of flooded cars from this point forward. I actually personally bought my GS in January as a flood car which was in the West Virgina flood last year. Its all good now, but I don't know if I would recommend it because its a huge cointoss, even though I did buy it for half the normal price.
If you are still looking for something I'd probably look outside of Houston/South Texas area right now, maybe something in Dallas. If you didn't purchase one of the ones you looked at theres a good chance they are flooded now. Stay safe bro.
Old 08-28-17, 04:01 PM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

yeah. I had two I wanted to look at on Friday and of course that didn't happen. Who knows what happened to either one. We are safe where I'm at but the whole city is a mess.