LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Techstream tis mini works

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-19, 11:57 AM
ls430w140
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 113 Posts

eBay and Amazon periodically closes “Techstream” products offered to customers, however, there are more of them reappearing every single day. Do not think Chinese mini vci Techstream will offer you the same functionality as official Techstream - not even close. You won’t be able to do some customization, resetting, and obviously reprogramming will not be available at all.

The minimum budget for legal Techstream is going to be around $500 which will include mongoose cable. If you have this, you ll do everything what the dealer can do - for Toyota, Lexus and Scion all years all models.

For Lexus ls430, the earlier Techstream version the better for trying to connect to different options. Latest versions tend to be more glitchy and generate error messages with higher frequencies.
Old 05-10-19, 12:03 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Given all that I really want to do is the tilt wheel upon key off, and disable, not worth it for me from what I am hearing...lol

I haven't seen any mention of it here, but many of the BMW guys have an expensive power supply that they use when coding, because if the battery were to fail during the process, with certain parameters, the DME is bricked and then only the dealer can resolve....maybe it's not as serious with Toyota not sure. Obviously that's what the dealer does they wouldn't give themselves more work by not supplying clean power....
Old 05-10-19, 01:03 PM
HauntedKen
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very comical to say "I really hate to be a spoil sport" yet you constantly post the same broken record in every thread that comes up.

It would be nice to be able to afford to run to the dealer for every issue, but if they are going to continue to charge $189 to change my car so the doors unlock when I shift into park instead of staying locked, I'll continue to happily use a work around.

Make no mistake THEFT IS THEFT. I worked with the MPAA tracking down motion picture pirates for many years and heard the same excuses. Too expensive, not really theft 'cause its just for me, no big deal, etc. The only difference then was that we turned our evidence over to the FBI and they made the arrest. You are posting in a public forum about stealing IP. It is a big deal and I don't want to see these forums or their users in any way impacted by IP theft investigations.

I will always speak up about these criminal acts, I will always go on record advising people not to commit the crime of IP theft. I am sorry if being called a thief for thievery offends, but if all anyone ever has to worry about is me admonishing them not to commit a crime then consider yourself off easy.

One last time: YOUR "WORK AROUND" IS THEFT plane and simple. Those who commit THEFT are THIEVES.
Old 05-10-19, 01:18 PM
HauntedKen
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
I could care less what other people do with their cars, especially if it doesn't affect me.

I just don't understand the need for someone to constantly inject their soapbox opinion. Maybe I just have better things to do with my time.
Sorry, NOT OPINION. Theft is theft, no opinion involved. This is not a gray area, what we are discussing is the purchase of stolen IP from Toyota. No opinion, just the truth. You may condone theft, you may hesitate to speak out against it, but I do not.

This is exactly the same as stealing parts of someone else's car; that is also cheaper than purchasing the parts legitimately, is that OK too???? Where does it become a big enough theft that you say stop? It's a slippery slope that is best avoided.