LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

48K mile white over saddle '04 n CL

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-17 | 04:50 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Googled "Intent to Sell". Looks like a lien release for a credit union. The buyer can sign at point of purchase. Seller's request of a cashiers check (or cash) is reasonable. It's the standard way to buy a car.
Old 09-29-17 | 09:58 PM
krazyju84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Googled "Intent to Sell". Looks like a lien release for a credit union. The buyer can sign at point of purchase. Seller's request of a cashiers check (or cash) is reasonable. It's the standard way to buy a car.
Seller requested certified check from a local bank, I am not local to his area and do not have bank account that is local to the seller. Because He would not sign intent to sell form, i needed to jump through more hoops to get the deal done. I didnt have a way to get everything seller wanted on time as I had a set a timeline to get the car shopping done and I actually even extended it a few days to try to get this deal done.

So, once again, I hope one of you guys can get this car. No intent to sell document and requires certified check from a local bank.
Old 09-29-17 | 10:25 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Funny that the seller wants a cashiers check from a local bank. A cashiers check is a cashiers check. Say it's from Fifth Third Bank. We don't have them where I live, but the money is still green. My response would be good riddance. Reminds me of when I wanted to buy a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, nobody would sell one to me because I am not a hunter. And these dogs were going for $3k. Ended up adopting because the whole payment thing really turned me off at this point, best $50 I ever spent on the adoption fees, my dog (black Lab) lived a good life of 14 years. Maybe a LS430 can be adopted
Old 09-30-17 | 05:33 AM
charliecla
Driver

Interesting! A friend of mine was shopping for a LS430 and tried on several occasions to contact this seller by phone and email and has received NO response. Wonder if this car has a clean Carfax and wonder if the seller is the original owner?
Old 09-30-17 | 06:07 AM
krazyju84
Driver School Candidate

Communication needed much patience and I believe it will help if seller knows you are serious by sending your offer for the car. I doubt seller would go back and forth to negotiate a price, just offer what the car is worth to you. One owner originally from FL and now in NC and carfax had rear damage reported(no airbags deployed), I believe the car would be in great condition but make your decision based off your own due diligence as I cannot guarantee anything.

And Yes, I "adopted" 04 120k instead is great so far and I feel like I made a great decision. but still wonder what if about this one we are discussing.
Old 09-30-17 | 07:08 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by charliecla
Interesting! A friend of mine was shopping for a LS430 and tried on several occasions to contact this seller by phone and email and has received NO response. Wonder if this car has a clean Carfax and wonder if the seller is the original owner?

Loved this car on paper. Tried also to contact the seller and got no answer. Maybe he thought my Texas area code was a scam?
Old 09-30-17 | 08:15 AM
charliecla
Driver

Originally Posted by Romanova
Loved this car on paper. Tried also to contact the seller and got no answer. Maybe he thought my Texas area code was a scam?
I think that price is out of line for a car that shows rear damage on a Carfax. I also would never make an offer for a vehicle without actually speaking with the seller. Just my opinion and it has served me well over the years.
Old 09-30-17 | 11:23 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by krazyju84
Seller requested certified check from a local bank, I am not local to his area and do not have bank account that is local to the seller. Because He would not sign intent to sell form, i needed to jump through more hoops to get the deal done. I didnt have a way to get everything seller wanted on time as I had a set a timeline to get the car shopping done and I actually even extended it a few days to try to get this deal done.

So, once again, I hope one of you guys can get this car. No intent to sell document and requires certified check from a local bank.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out on this one. Doesn't sound like the seller is very motivated. Insisting on a certified check only from a local bank sounds weird. A cashiers check (from any bank) is money.
Old 10-05-17 | 06:57 AM
ma61
Driver

I have been in contact with the person handling the sale of this car, and they stopped responding to me once I asked for more info on the accident damage.

All I could get out of them were 2-3 crummy cell phone pictures as well...

Very frustrating because this could be a nice car depending on how the body work on the right rear looks.
Old 10-06-17 | 04:48 AM
Legender
Racer

Obviously they're hiding something and are not being upfront. While it may look good initially, this is one I'd walk away from. Something just doesn't feel right.