LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Introduction - 2005 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-17, 12:11 PM
hoosiercub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction - 2005 LS430

I'm a long time member, long time Lexus owner, previous daily drove a 1994 LS400, have had other random vehicles and finally landed in one of my dream cars yesterday, a 2005 LS430 with Modern Luxury equipment, Black on Black leather. I ultimately wanted an Ultra, but it is an incredibly well taken care of example and I got a good deal on it. 130k miles two-owner car, always serviced at the same Lexus dealer. First order of business now that I've acquired the car, is modernize it a little bit, need USB audio, the Mark Levinson is more than enough to keep me happy sound quality wise. Eventually I'll take the time to do a full paint correction as the PO liked non-touchless automated car washes so lots of swirls/holograms. Otherwise a few chips and some tiny dings, the car is pretty rock solid! Way out info the future, probably air and wheels, nothing crazy. Just want a clean and comfy highway cruiser.

Old 11-02-17, 12:32 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Congrats, nice car!

btw I caved in and do the automatic car wash. My uncle who sets them up once told me to never take a car you like to a car wash, hand wash only (ironic). But he has since altered that view, and said it's safe. If I had a new car, I probably wouldn't, but with the LS430, I pay $20/mo. and simply feel this is the most practical way to get salt off asap in the winter. I do refuse to run my BMW through a car wash, but the dealer has done it many times (every time they have it).

If I could have any used LS430, it would be a 2006 custom luxury, but not likely it will ever happen. You can't always get what you want, but....
The following users liked this post:
hoosiercub (11-03-17)
Old 11-02-17, 12:35 PM
imdking
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome, and congratulations on the purchase! You gotta tint the windows soon. You'll appreciate the amount of heat the tint will keep out of the car, especially with the black leather!

Last edited by imdking; 11-02-17 at 06:22 PM.
hoosiercub (11-03-17)
Old 11-02-17, 05:31 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Looks really good.
hoosiercub (11-03-17)
Old 11-03-17, 10:36 AM
hoosiercub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Congrats, nice car!

btw I caved in and do the automatic car wash. My uncle who sets them up once told me to never take a car you like to a car wash, hand wash only (ironic). But he has since altered that view, and said it's safe. If I had a new car, I probably wouldn't, but with the LS430, I pay $20/mo. and simply feel this is the most practical way to get salt off asap in the winter. I do refuse to run my BMW through a car wash, but the dealer has done it many times (every time they have it).

If I could have any used LS430, it would be a 2006 custom luxury, but not likely it will ever happen. You can't always get what you want, but....
Thank you, I caved on the Fiat because FCA oem paint quality is kinda trash but there's a lot of metallic in it and it shows swirls bad. I like handwashing but hardly have the time with work. A 2006 Ultra with Saddle and Flint Mica paint was my dream 430, but this is close enough for me to be very happy.

Originally Posted by imdking
Welcome, and congratulations on the purchase! You gotta tint the windows soon. You'll appreciate the amount of heat the tint will keep out of the car, especially with the black leather!
Thank you! Yes! Window tint is at the top of my list as well, my old LS is black on black as well, window tint was a much needed thing there too.
Old 11-03-17, 10:54 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by hoosiercub
Thank you, I caved on the Fiat because FCA oem paint quality is kinda trash but there's a lot of metallic in it and it shows swirls bad. I like handwashing but hardly have the time with work. A 2006 Ultra with Saddle and Flint Mica paint was my dream 430, but this is close enough for me to be very happy.

Thank you! Yes! Window tint is at the top of my list as well, my old LS is black on black as well, window tint was a much needed thing there too.
I like your dark wood, pretty sweet....dash looks pristine....

I used to always use a hand spray....but I came to realize this meant salt staying on the car for relatively long periods of time, it is really tough to do anything say at 25F or even colder...now I pull in with the LS430 like I'm the owner or ceo, a boss hahahahahaha But I do think the # of days of salt on the car is greatly reduced, often 2 or less....indie told me don't forget the undercarriage, dag my membership does not include that so maybe I still need the spray.....I actually only have one ding that's not noticeable so I still park far away.
Old 11-04-17, 02:47 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 11-05-17, 01:11 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 277 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Congrats, nice car!

Beautiful car, especially like the wheels and of course the rare black interior. Our cars have atomic a/c units so no reason not to get the interior cooled off effectively. With regards to the car washes......here are my thoughts. The earlier Lexus generation cars have probably the best factory paint jobs period. They are not as eco friendly although I don't know when they actually went to the formula change. My 2001 has all factory paint and I go through a zillion car washes regularly (in the last 9 years) with no negative effects. I also have my car professionally polished and clay barred at least twice a year. Previous owner also kept the car out of the sun which was a help. . My car is also garaged often. My Jaguar gets hand washed only because of the body shape and fear of a mishap. Our "square cars" are different, sit up higher, and less to worry about including the formula for paint back then. Black is of course notorious for the swirls, but that can be easily remedied with good regular detailing. You have a beauty my friend. Enjoy it for many many reliable miles.!
Old 11-17-17, 10:34 PM
PearlUni05
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a long time member, long time Lexus owner, previous daily drove a 1994 LS400, have had other random vehicles and finally landed in one of my dream cars yesterday, a 2005 LS430 with Modern Luxury equipment, Black on Black leather. I ultimately wanted an Ultra, but it is an incredibly well taken care of example and I got a good deal on it. 130k miles two-owner car, always serviced at the same Lexus dealer. First order of business now that I've acquired the car, is modernize it a little bit, need USB audio, the Mark Levinson is more than enough to keep me happy sound quality wise. Eventually I'll take the time to do a full paint correction as the PO liked non-touchless automated car washes so lots of swirls/holograms. Otherwise a few chips and some tiny dings, the car is pretty rock solid! Way out info the future, probably air and wheels, nothing crazy. Just want a clean and comfy highway cruiser.

Congratulations! This is a beautiful example of a well kept LS. I had the opportunity to pick up black/saddle but it had frame damage, the a UL black/black until I found my pearl white/saddle. This makes me wish I did pick up that UL. Awesome color combo and great pick up. Congrats again!
Old 11-18-17, 05:35 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Looks great. Welcome to the LS430 forum.
Old 11-18-17, 07:10 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Welcome aboard Hoosier!

This picture looks like it came from the dad-gum brochure!

Very nice photo skills, my friend.