LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Any experiences with this brand telephone holder?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 12:06 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Any experiences with this brand telephone holder?

Hello Lexus friends,

Does anybody has any experiences with this brand in their LS430?
http://www.kudausa.com/lexus-ls-430-...lack-a441.html

I saw another topic with another telephone holder and that really damaged the dash. I want something that is 100% safe. Ill be planning to keep my 430 forever so I am really picky with ugly little details.

Hope anyone can say something about this brand. If you know any other good alternatives please let me know! I coudnt find anything else.

Many thanks!

Last edited by NLLex; 03-08-18 at 12:07 PM. Reason: writing fault
Old 03-15-18, 01:35 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

nobody?
Old 03-15-18, 02:39 PM
Catalina45
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

The link isn't working for me!
Old 03-15-18, 06:58 PM
caverman
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 120 Posts

Bad link....
Old 03-16-18, 08:03 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

https://www.kudanederland.nl/content...430_ab_98.html
https://www.kudanederland.nl/content...430_ab_00.html

Link is broken indeed. I just found out. Last time I checked it worked.

Its seems that this is a German company. Kuda

Anyone?
Old 03-16-18, 08:10 AM
caverman
Instructor

The answer for me is No....I haven't seen something that big since the mid-80's. I'm not sure anything short of a brick phone would even fit.

I've struggled to find a good phone holder for the LS that's not stuck on the windshield but honestly this doesn't look like a viable option IMO.
Old 03-16-18, 08:17 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by caverman
The answer for me is No....I haven't seen something that big since the mid-80's. I'm not sure anything short of a brick phone would even fit.

I've struggled to find a good phone holder for the LS that's not stuck on the windshield but honestly this doesn't look like a viable option IMO.
I understand your idea but I think this shape will look not that bad.
Well I hope the fitment and details are nice on the mount. They do deliver it with real leather for 5 euro's extra.
Old 03-16-18, 10:44 AM
nedear1688
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had this installed along with phone holder from ProClip USA, or you can use any phone holder of your choice, it's very simple to installed and it's just right position.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PanaVise-CUSTOM-IN-DASH-PHONE-IPOD-MOUNT-for-LEXUS-LS430-2001-2006-75136801/152536615197?epid=25012062330&hash=item2383e4091d:g:NF4AAOSwtGlZC2GF
The following users liked this post:
caverman (03-25-18)
Old 03-16-18, 11:07 AM
caverman
Instructor

Originally Posted by nedear1688
I had this installed along with phone holder from ProClip USA, or you can use any phone holder of your choice, it's very simple to installed and it's just right position.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PanaVise-CU...4AAOSwtGlZC2GF
Nice, I like that. That's the area I like to put mine in but the suction cup ones usually fall off and then I had a gravity holding style which worked somewhat okay until I bought a larger style phone that was to big for the holder to keep in place. I would turn a corner and it would go flying across the seat.

Do you have any pictures of what you finally ended up with?

I'm assuming you have to take out the CD player and it mounts to the side of that? Was here already a whole it screwed into or did you have to make a hole?

I set that on my watch list, I just might have to give that one a try especially if I can find a way to permanently mount one of my existing mounts to it.
Old 03-16-18, 11:30 AM
nedear1688
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by caverman
Nice, I like that. That's the area I like to put mine in but the suction cup ones usually fall off and then I had a gravity holding style which worked somewhat okay until I bought a larger style phone that was to big for the holder to keep in place. I would turn a corner and it would go flying across the seat.

Do you have any pictures of what you finally ended up with?

I'm assuming you have to take out the CD player and it mounts to the side of that? Was here already a whole it screwed into or did you have to make a hole?

I set that on my watch list, I just might have to give that one a try especially if I can find a way to permanently mount one of my existing mounts to it.
I don't have a picture but you can see at the Ebay seller they have a stock photo, you do not have to remove the CD player, you remove the wood trim piece and the mount use 1 of the existing CD mount screw to hold it, So far this is the only mount will work well in LS430.
The following users liked this post:
caverman (03-16-18)
Old 03-16-18, 11:35 AM
caverman
Instructor

When I meant remove the CD player I didn't mean permanently but I get what you're saying. You have to pull the CD player out (which is what I meant) and then use one of the mounting points for the wood face plate to mount it, something along those lines.

Think I might have to order one of these. That looks just like what I need.
Old 03-16-18, 11:44 AM
caverman
Instructor

Ordered, we'll see how it goes and hopefully I'll finally get a holder that will work. I'm going to see if I can mount one of the current car mounts I have and if not I might have to break down for a proclip.
Old 03-16-18, 01:29 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

I prefer a "minimalist" solution, and have actually been very happy with these small, inexpensive magnetic vent-mounted holders for my Apple IPhone X:
Amazon Amazon

I was initially somewhat apprehensive about mounting anything to my vent, but gave it a shot (at $5 per mount, it was worth a try) and have been very happy with how it looks and how it holds my IPhone securely with minimal fuss. I put a small metal plate (included for the $5) between my phone and its case, and stuck the small, discrete round magnet thingy on the vent to the left of my steering wheel (near the door). I did shut off the air stream to that vent (so as to not blast my phone with warm air in the winter). It's super simple to just pop my phone onto the magnetic mount when I get in and pop it out when I get out, and so far, the phone hasn't jiggled loose (my air ride suspension helps in that regard). Note that I have a 2010 LS460L, not a LS430, but I have used this same mount in my other cars/trucks and it has worked great in each.
Old 03-16-18, 02:25 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice. That simple mount looks nice to me.
I allready found that one and a topic as well. This made me terrifying scarred!!!!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...any-ideas.html

I am even grateful that I found that topic.
Old 03-25-18, 07:53 PM
caverman
Instructor

Originally Posted by nedear1688

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PanaVise-CU...4AAOSwtGlZC2GF
Thanks @nedear, I finally got it all put together and installed. I think I've finally found a mount that will work like I've been wanting. I initially got just the mount with hopes that it would work with one of my existing mounts but it didn't. So I pulled the trigger on a ProClip like you said and along with some nuts/bolts from Lowes to connect them all together I got it installed tonight. I haven't really used it yet but at this point it seems to be the best option I've seen and puts my phone right where I want it. Total cost was really more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted something like this. Thanks for the heads up on both parts.

Quick Reply: Any experiences with this brand telephone holder?