LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2005 LS430 Windshield Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 06:40 PM
Miklosfb1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 LS430 Windshield Wiper

Hello our there. I just purchased my LS430 and the drivers side wiper fell off. I went ahead and ordered the stock wipers again for the ease of knowing it will work properly all the time. The problem i have is that it appears something is missing on the little “Hook” that is on the factory arm assembly. Could someone post a close up of the said hook that attaches to the actual wiper so i can see what’s missing. I have tried everything online. Next step will be to get into the dealership and see if they can help.

Much thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-03-18, 06:55 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I can't help with originals, because when I bought my car used, it already had rain x wipers. After about 10 mos, I decided to replace with Valeo Ones. Again, the reasoning is that the car already took the leap into the modern beam style wipers, seemed fine, so I went with it. The Valeos have never had any issues, and are fairly inexpensive, yet OEM to the majority of new vehicles. imho beam wipers are better (the way that they apply even pressure) and less expensive, a 2 for 1....my .02. I think that regardless of anything that may be missing with the originals, the beams will snap on...
Old 04-04-18, 06:32 PM
Davidsofia
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I can't help with originals, because when I bought my car used, it already had rain x wipers. After about 10 mos, I decided to replace with Valeo Ones. Again, the reasoning is that the car already took the leap into the modern beam style wipers, seemed fine, so I went with it. The Valeos have never had any issues, and are fairly inexpensive, yet OEM to the majority of new vehicles. imho beam wipers are better (the way that they apply even pressure) and less expensive, a 2 for 1....my .02. I think that regardless of anything that may be missing with the originals, the beams will snap on...
On the drivers side wiper, there is a clip. It doesn’t fit correctly with the Bosch replacement. That maybe way it was lost. I also had to trim the plastic cover on the hood side to accommodate the dual arm setup Lexus has. I’ll post a picture of the clip shortly. Hope it helps some.
Old 04-04-18, 06:47 PM
Davidsofia
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As you can see, my clip is not fully seated on the Bosch replacement beam type wiper arm. There’s not enough room to reinstall fully. I will probably replace my stock Lexus blade, and then reinstall the old arm. This may be the price you are looking for. It locks in the stock Lexus set up. I also had to trim away plastic from the Bosch cover to accommodate the “second arm” part of the stock Lexus wiper arm. That’s not visible in the picture, as it’s on the underside of the view you see.

As you can see, mine is not fully set. It should sit flush, but there’s not enough room on the Bosch replacement to fit properly. I’ll probably replace the blade on the stock Lexus arm, and trash the Bosch. IDK
Old 04-04-18, 09:30 PM
Miklosfb1
Driver School Candidate

That’s exactly what i am missing. Thank you very much. Stealership here i come LOL
Old 04-05-18, 06:10 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidsofia

On the drivers side wiper, there is a clip. It doesn’t fit correctly with the Bosch replacement. That maybe way it was lost. I also had to trim the plastic cover on the hood side to accommodate the dual arm setup Lexus has. I’ll post a picture of the clip shortly. Hope it helps some.
That's totally related to the aftermarket part. You won't have that issue with Valeo or Rain X from my experience, ON THIS VEHICLE.

On my wife's car, I used a replacement and the review said the wipers fall off under extreme conditions--they actually did (reviews are usually spot on). Her's are of the pinch type, and the pinch tabs are not "native" if you will to the aftermarkets, they are an additional adapter. So on my wife's OE only (they are made by Valeo) because not only is the aftermarket less secure, the angle of the arm is changed ever so slightly as well. But on the LS430 I find Valeo One work very well....
The following 2 users liked this post by Johnhav430:
Davidsofia (04-05-18), Miklosfb1 (04-05-18)
Old 12-02-18, 09:03 AM
jdudeski
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidsofia

As you can see, my clip is not fully seated on the Bosch replacement beam type wiper arm. There’s not enough room to reinstall fully. I will probably replace my stock Lexus blade, and then reinstall the old arm. This may be the price you are looking for. It locks in the stock Lexus set up. I also had to trim away plastic from the Bosch cover to accommodate the “second arm” part of the stock Lexus wiper arm. That’s not visible in the picture, as it’s on the underside of the view you see.

As you can see, mine is not fully set. It should sit flush, but there’s not enough room on the Bosch replacement to fit properly. I’ll probably replace the blade on the stock Lexus arm, and trash the Bosch. IDK
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm in the same boat.

Has anyone ever found just the clip? Mine is actually broken, where the bottom half that holds the wiper blade in place is intact, but the top part is missing. It holds the blade fine, but I would like to buy a new clip and fix it if possible.
Old 12-02-18, 10:17 AM
Miklosfb1
Driver School Candidate

I just went to the dealer and put them back to factory and will just replace the rubber insert when it’s time.
Originally Posted by jdudeski
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm in the same boat.

Has anyone ever found just the clip? Mine is actually broken, where the bottom half that holds the wiper blade in place is intact, but the top part is missing. It holds the blade fine, but I would like to buy a new clip and fix it if possible.