LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 ls430. crank no start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-18, 10:34 AM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aufenscuht
Sounds like the pump is heat syncing, good place to start with and easy to replace

what do you mean by heat syncing? You think I should start with the fuel pump? I mean it’s exposed I didn’t put the seats or cover back.

thanks
Old 06-04-18, 10:47 AM
aufenscuht
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Something is exacerbating a voltage spike (possible internal short), I see it at my shop constantly. Not particularly on LS cars (I see ZERO), but a pump is a pump and is not particular to a make.
Old 06-05-18, 11:13 AM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Originally Posted by aufenscuht
Something is exacerbating a voltage spike (possible internal short), I see it at my shop constantly. Not particularly on LS cars (I see ZERO), but a pump is a pump and is not particular to a make.

wow. Oh okay. Yes I will order a fuel pump and I will keep you guys updated!

Thank you for the help sir👍👍👍
Old 06-05-18, 12:48 PM
aufenscuht
Driver

You got it. Delphi or Denso is the way to go. Im not sure if Denso even makes fuel pumps though. Most OEM parts on this car are Denso...in terms of internal engine parts.
Old 06-05-18, 12:50 PM
toantran99
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

I had a similar issue about a year ago. The fuel pump was bad. Try ordering 2 fuel pump from Amazon but they don't see to fit. I ended up just buying the whole fuel pump unit used from eBay and that resolved the issue of not starting

Originally Posted by hnlcelsior

Old 06-05-18, 01:09 PM
aufenscuht
Driver

I would not buy a cheap off brand from amazon. You cannot go wrong with a Delphi. Ever.
Old 06-05-18, 05:28 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts

The attached PDF may help with the fuel pump replacement...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fuel Pump.pdf (106.9 KB, 240 views)
The following users liked this post:
coug66 (03-04-19)
Old 06-05-18, 07:35 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

bet its the fuel pump, i went through the exact dilemma.good think about the uz era is that there more easier to diagnose unlike the w140 behemoth i iused to have.
Old 06-26-18, 11:54 PM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Originally Posted by lextout
bet its the fuel pump, i went through the exact dilemma.good think about the uz era is that there more easier to diagnose unlike the w140 behemoth i iused to have.

i hate it. Lol thanks for the info pal!
Old 06-26-18, 11:55 PM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Sorry guys. Just been busy with work and what not. But good news I have bought the Delphi fuel pump and will be installing it this weekend! Fingers cross!
Thanks to all of your guys chimeing in and helping me out!! I appreciate it a lot. Many thanks.
Old 06-27-18, 09:57 AM
RushNatU
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Are the plugs wet? Pull one and see before throwing parts at it.
Old 06-30-18, 10:38 PM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Alright guys more bad news. Ahhh man so I checked plugs. It’s not wet. White though. I replaced the fuel pump (Delphi) still it cranks but no start. No codes.
for maybe like a split sec like a millisecond I thought it was about to start like I seen the rpm needle like move up like it was trying to but it just died. I hope my mind isn’t playing games with me due to fuel pump replacement lol
Old 07-01-18, 12:27 AM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Alright guys more bad news. Ahhh man so I checked plugs. It’s not wet. White though.
Did you check the plugs after trying to start it? Or after the car has been sitting for a few days? And white plugs? Like, how white? And do all of the plugs look the same?

for maybe like a split sec like a millisecond I thought it was about to start like I seen the rpm needle like move up like it was trying to but it just died.
When you say you thought it was about to start for a split second, was that strictly because of the tach needle moving a little? Or did it also sound like it was about to fire up when the needle jumped?
Old 07-01-18, 12:34 AM
hnlcelsior
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mbodall
Did you check the plugs after trying to start it? Or after the car has been sitting for a few days? And white plugs? Like, how white? And do all of the plugs look the same?

I checked just now actually. I just checked one for now. The most easiest to get to. It was pretty white.
I can check the rest tomrrow.

When you say you thought it was about to start for a split second, was that strictly because of the tach needle moving a little? Or did it also sound like it was about to fire up when the needle jumped?
Honestly I’m not sure it happened so fast. Like it was about to start needle jumped barely. But I’m not sure. It seems like it sounded like it was about to crank when I was turning it and holding it to start it.

Thanks for the help
Old 07-01-18, 01:37 AM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Honestly I’m not sure it happened so fast. Like it was about to start needle jumped barely. But I’m not sure. It seems like it sounded like it was about to crank when I was turning it and holding it to start it.

Thanks for the help
Hmm. The needle may jump a little just from cranking as it spins the engine just fast enough to start to register RPM on the tach.

Do you have a TechStream? If not, this might be a great time to get one. It may be something related to the theft ECU/immobilizer.

Quick Reply: 04 ls430. crank no start.