LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

No A/C lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-18, 12:11 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

Fixed. Replacement bulbs did the trick. I'm not sure what caused 5 bulbs to go out at the same time, but getting new OEM ones did the trick. Again, hat's off to Bell Lexus for getting all of these for me.
Old 06-15-18, 08:16 PM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
And again, Bell Lexus is the only business I will buy my OEM parts from. They are great with their prices and quick to respond to part inquiries such as this one.
https://www.ebay.com/str/belllexusnorthscottsdale
I've been hunting around every couple of months to see who has the best prices for genuine OEM parts, and every time the winner has been parts.com. I've been buying all of my parts from them for the last 3+ years. One of the reasons I like parts.com is that you can enter your VIN in the search box at the top of their homepage before searching for anything else, and it brings you to a page that only lists parts and categories/systems of parts that are compatible with your exact car. If you already know the part #, you can skip that and just punch the part # into the top search bar of their homepage. Then at checkout, they ask you to enter your VIN again, and an ASE certified tech will double/triple check that the parts you're ordering actually will be compatible with your car. This also allows you to return parts if you need to (they don't accept any returns if you didn't enter your VIN at checkout). Your order is mailed to you directly from either a Toyota or Lexus dealership, and they work with quite a few different dealers as I've had a couple of different dealers' return addresses show up on boxes. They're always very quick about shipping as well. Because they locate a dealer that's geographically close-ish to you, it doesn't take long to arrive. I usually only have to wait 2-4 days max from ordering to getting a knock on the door by UPS/FedEx. Another thing I like, as you're clicking on different categories/sections/systems, they have the exploded diagrams for where ever that part is installed. That's come in handy for me in the past to find related parts near another part that I'm replacing.

As for pricing, every part Bell sells is only barely more expensive than parts.com. Bell's price for a timing belt kit for our cars, which includes 6 components, is $405.31. I searched all those part #s and added up the prices and came up with a total price of $394.53 on parts.com. The price difference between parts in the $20-$40 range is only like $1-$2. Again, not much difference and probably not enough savings to persuade you to switch sources. If nothing else, keep them in mind if you ever have to buy something closer to the $1,000 range as the savings would be proportionally larger.
Old 11-26-18, 11:20 AM
LS430Z32TT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For anyone in the future who is searching for bulb part numbers, here you go. This information is direct from Bell Lexus in AZ.
For the HVAC control panel; 90010-03046 BULB, W/CAP 4 total, $5.26 each
For the temperature control switches on either side of the dash; 90010-03043 BULB, W/CAP 2 total $5.26
For the sunshade control switch; 90010-01070 BULB, W/CAP 1 total $4.78
For the seat heat/cool; 90010-01071 BULB, W/CAP 1 total $5.26

My local Lexus dealer was NO help at all for these. Google is also no help as these seem to be seldom replaced. From looking at the ones I removed, they are almost identical, though the bases are either gray, white, or a orange/rust color. While the bases are the same/similar, the difference I believe is in the wattage of the bulbs themselves.

I'm going to return the HVAC panel I ordered and eat the few bucks it will cost for shipping. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the future. And again, Bell Lexus is the only business I will buy my OEM parts from. They are great with their prices and quick to respond to part inquiries such as this one.
What is the part number/bulb size from superbrightleds.com?
I really only need to replace the heated seat **** light and don't mind if it's too bright/uneven. I can't find this type of bulb on their site.
Old 11-26-18, 05:48 PM
Mobius1
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430Z32TT
What is the part number/bulb size from superbrightleds.com?
I really only need to replace the heated seat **** light and don't mind if it's too bright/uneven. I can't find this type of bulb on their site.
For LED style, they are usually called "Neo3". Incandescent versions are usually called "wedge t3".
Old 11-27-18, 08:50 AM
LS430Z32TT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mobius1
For LED style, they are usually called "Neo3". Incandescent versions are usually called "wedge t3".
Awesome. Thanks! Any idea on the mm size?These are the same bulbs that are used in the front footwells, right?
Old 11-27-18, 09:04 AM
Romanova
Racer

I ordered the 3mm and 4mm ones.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-led/221/7740/
Be advised that to me, they were junk. Absolute garbage. The plastic base was so soft, it distorts easily. I was surprised by all of the positive reviews because it is a real lackluster product.
Old 11-27-18, 09:57 AM
LS430Z32TT
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the 3mm and 4mm ones.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-led/221/7740/
Be advised that to me, they were junk. Absolute garbage. The plastic base was so soft, it distorts easily. I was surprised by all of the positive reviews because it is a real lackluster product.
Thanks!
I went ahead and ordered some NEO T4.2 from ebay per the recommendation of another thread on here. They seem to have a slightly different material for the base, so hopefully htey work out well. (They were only $5.40 shipped for 10)
It looks like you can actually order 10 from china for under $2 shipped.... not quite sure how the economics of that work, but it's there.
Old 11-27-18, 10:41 AM
Mobius1
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430Z32TT
Awesome. Thanks! Any idea on the mm size?These are the same bulbs that are used in the front footwells, right?
I forget exactly what size, but i THINK they are 3mm since they are called Neo3's. Also had to get Neo2's for the window adjuster switch and parking sensors switch.

Also I'm 90% sure the footwell lights are it's own separate component. Probably soldered on LED's if I'm not mistaken. I would be mildly suprised if they used those twist-on style bulbs down there.
Old 11-27-18, 12:34 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 83 Posts

Most all of the switch bulbs are 3mm. We carry them here for 99 cents each. Reuse your plastic base.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/3...mm60or80ma.htm
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 11-27-18, 02:34 PM
LS430Z32TT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mobius1
I forget exactly what size, but i THINK they are 3mm since they are called Neo3's. Also had to get Neo2's for the window adjuster switch and parking sensors switch.

Also I'm 90% sure the footwell lights are it's own separate component. Probably soldered on LED's if I'm not mistaken. I would be mildly suprised if they used those twist-on style bulbs down there.
Hmm, guess I ordered the wrong ones then. I really only need the heated seat switches light, which I know is a different OEM part number. So we'll see if that one is a 4mm. I think you're right about the footwell lights.
Old 08-27-19, 02:11 PM
phoshow
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone in the future who is searching for bulb part numbers, here you go. This information is direct from Bell Lexus in AZ.
For the HVAC control panel; 90010-03046 BULB, W/CAP 4 total, $5.26 each
For the temperature control switches on either side of the dash; 90010-03043 BULB, W/CAP 2 total $5.26
For the sunshade control switch; 90010-01070 BULB, W/CAP 1 total $4.78
For the seat heat/cool; 90010-01071 BULB, W/CAP 1 total $5.26

My local Lexus dealer was NO help at all for these. Google is also no help as these seem to be seldom replaced. From looking at the ones I removed, they are almost identical, though the bases are either gray, white, or a orange/rust color. While the bases are the same/similar, the difference I believe is in the wattage of the bulbs themselves.

I'm going to return the HVAC panel I ordered and eat the few bucks it will cost for shipping. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the future. And again, Bell Lexus is the only business I will buy my OEM parts from. They are great with their prices and quick to respond to part inquiries such as this one.
thanks for the help! was about to go crazy about the climate lights since your cant see them at night. install was a breeze, nothing too difficult

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
Ironically, I noticed my Temp control was dark this morning when I drove into work, so time to order the lamp for that control switch..
you are not the only one!
Old 08-27-19, 08:08 PM
Romanova
Racer

Glad the information was beneficial to you!