LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Pics of new UL

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-18 | 06:45 AM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by Little
Not my kind of exterior color but wow man that looks awesome. Thats the condition of a vehicle I'm looking for. I'm not settling than any less. Good luck with it and hope to join the Lexus fam in the near future.
Same here bro. I'm more of a nice eye catching metallic paint finish kind of guy. But when I get to actually detailing the exterior, I'll definitely bring out the gloss, shiny to it. And trust me they are out there, the thing is you gotta be patient, just do research, keep a watchful eye out. Took me forever to find this one, and when I found it, ik that this was it and I had to jump on it. You're gonna get it and you will be apart of the family. Can't wait to see what you get! Funny thing is about my car, someone made a thread on here about it last month, thinking about buying it, and everyone said " it's too high" etc and they encouraged the dude to walk away. Well let's just say, he definitely missed out lol
Old 12-20-18 | 06:48 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Originally Posted by LilRick96
Lls I'm a detailer, so of course I would.

amazing work. where you located?
Old 12-20-18 | 06:50 AM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
amazing work. where you located?
Thank you and I'm in Maryland, how about you?
Old 12-20-18 | 06:56 AM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great! That's my favorite wood interior on the LS.
Old 12-20-18 | 07:07 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Originally Posted by LilRick96
Thank you and I'm in Maryland, how about you?

i'm in MD too. i'm out kind of close to BWI. if you're not too far, i'd really like to talk to you about having my interior done.
Old 12-20-18 | 07:15 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Gorgeous car. I’ve been trying for years to upgrade to a 2006 from my 2001 with no luck. All rags out there or the gems are gone immediately. I won’t settle as maintaining a high mileage car can get expensive. Enjoy your ride. It’s a great car.
Old 12-20-18 | 07:17 AM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by kevin3344
Thanks man! I love the darker finish on this, I also love the kinda gray wood trim on the white interior as well. I'm not familiar with the names of the interior trims so bare with me if you what wood trim I'm talking about.
Old 12-20-18 | 07:20 AM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
i'm in MD too. i'm out kind of close to BWI. if you're not too far, i'd really like to talk to you about having my interior done.
Oh wow really?? I work in Annapolis at one of our contracts but we have our Detail shops. 1 in Capitol Heights where I'm closer to and the other in Prince Frederick. Send me a personal message and we'll discuss it mlre, I'd be more than happy to service your car.
Old 12-20-18 | 07:23 AM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
Gorgeous car. I’ve been trying for years to upgrade to a 2006 from my 2001 with no luck. All rags out there or the gems are gone immediately. I won’t settle as maintaining a high mileage car can get expensive. Enjoy your ride. It’s a great car.
I feel you man, just be patient, research and keep an eye out, "trust the process". Your time will come, and you will find the LS that will fit you perfectly. And thank you I will most definitely enjoy it.
Old 12-20-18 | 01:14 PM
caverman
Instructor

Freaking beautiful!!!

If I were ordering new it would be this one right there. You have it looking like it came right off the showroom floor!
Old 12-20-18 | 02:07 PM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by caverman
Freaking beautiful!!!

If I were ordering new it would be this one right there. You have it looking like it came right off the showroom floor!
Thank you man!! Much appreciated!! I can't take all the credit, the person I bought it from kept it in awesome condition. He even kept the Tag hanging on the passenger seat that tells you how treat the leather when you take delivery of the car brand new! I just had to clean her up and condition the leather to give it that beautiful sheen and soft supple feel again.
Old 12-20-18 | 03:44 PM
jherr
Rookie

Originally Posted by kevin3344
That is the same interior as I have. Mine is black exterior, though.
Old 12-20-18 | 03:50 PM
jherr
Rookie

Must be pretty low miles. Seat wear looks about the same as mine. Back seats and front passenger were hardly used. Front driver seat had minimal wear at 89,000 miles. The surface felt really dry and hard so they probably would have started chipping. I’ve conditioned them a couple times now and they feel a bit softer, so hopefully will hold up.
Old 12-20-18 | 04:15 PM
LilRick96
Driver

Originally Posted by jherr
Must be pretty low miles. Seat wear looks about the same as mine. Back seats and front passenger were hardly used. Front driver seat had minimal wear at 89,000 miles. The surface felt really dry and hard so they probably would have started chipping. I’ve conditioned them a couple times now and they feel a bit softer, so hopefully will hold up.
75k on the dash. And I conditioned my leather with BMW leather loition and it made so supple and smooth. Show pics man would love to see it.
Old 12-20-18 | 05:31 PM
caddylover
Pit Crew

what did you use for the leather conditioner. I have the upgraded leather like yours and i want to keep it as soft and supple as possible. BTW, your car looks SICK! Love it!

Quick Reply: Pics of new UL