LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Missed a Black/Saddle UL

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-18, 09:30 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Missed a Black/Saddle UL

Discovered a newly listed Black/Saddle '04 UL last night at a Lexus store in Oklahoma. It had 63,000 miles on it and was priced at $13K. One owner car with a good service history and no documented accidents. Always lived in TX/OK. Sent an email inquiry this morning requesting more photos as the dealer only posted one. Received prompt reply that it sold yesterday and was "immaculate."

This is yet another lesson that the good ones go fast!
Old 12-23-18, 10:16 AM
Little
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Heres one sweet looking Black/black by me. Too Much $$$ though. https://www.precisionautosalesofnewy..._25128515.veh#
Old 12-23-18, 10:21 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

No, it's priced about right for a dealer. It seems like prices on nice, low mileage LS 430s have actually risen a bit over the past year as the supply dwindles.
Old 12-23-18, 10:50 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

man, i wished mine looked like that, lol.....nice clean/shiny paint and 143k less on the odometer, lol.

Last edited by ebxgsxr; 12-23-18 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-23-18, 12:04 PM
Little
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You are correct in the fact that the price is about right for what the cars are commanding right now and yes they have definitely gone up in price this past year. I just wouldn't pay that much is what I'm saying.
Old 12-23-18, 02:08 PM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Little
You are correct in the fact that the price is about right for what the cars are commanding right now and yes they have definitely gone up in price this past year. I just wouldn't pay that much is what I'm saying.
Bought my 05 UL a couple days ago, was on dealer website a matter of hours. 106 k one owner exc. Svc history. I pd. 9488 and am really happy about it. Now the waiting....
Old 12-23-18, 04:00 PM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricklin
Bought my 05 UL a couple days ago, was on dealer website a matter of hours. 106 k one owner exc. Svc history. I pd. 9488 and am really happy about it. Now the waiting....
congrats on your purchase. definitely post pictures when you get it.
Old 12-25-18, 07:53 AM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

There is a '04 UL near me with 143k for $8,500. Dealer serviced. It's getting harder and harder to find a low mileage UL hence the higher price.
Old 12-25-18, 09:08 AM
iriz
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you find a super nice LS 430 you would like to purchase, the most stupid thing you can do is asking people on this forum if the price is "right".

While you are reading through the posts by people saying the price is "way too high" someone else bought the car!

If the car is THE car for you (mileage, one owner, spec, color combo, location) then it shouldn't matter whether it is priced $3-5K "too high". If you keep the car for e.g. five years the annual additional cost is just peanuts for a car like this.

Just me.

Last edited by iriz; 12-26-18 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-25-18, 09:23 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 276 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin3344
There is a '04 UL near me with 143k for $8,500. Dealer serviced. It's getting harder and harder to find a low mileage UL hence the higher price.
Here in Florida is the haven for so many LS430's. However, whenever I see any year LS430 the condition leaves much to be desired. . Most are beat up badly with cracked steering wheels, scuffed bumper covers and faded headlamps. Occasionally, I'll see a gem with a senior citizen driving the car (most likely the original owner). Agreed, the nicest cars are quite scarce and will eventually be almost non existent.
Old 12-25-18, 09:52 AM
Wintercat
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TriC
Discovered a newly listed Black/Saddle '04 UL last night at a Lexus store in Oklahoma. It had 63,000 miles on it and was priced at $13K. One owner car with a good service history and no documented accidents. Always lived in TX/OK. Sent an email inquiry this morning requesting more photos as the dealer only posted one. Received prompt reply that it sold yesterday and was "immaculate."

This is yet another lesson that the good ones go fast!
Surprised the Hoovie's Garage guy out of Kansas didn't buy it, that's in his radius. But then, his show is all about the older luxury and performance cars he buys and the problems they have, so a totally non-broken Lexus doesn't make for hilarity. So far he's done BMWs that empty his wallet, S-class that does likewise, a Rolls Phantom, and now a $6500 2013 Equus that's probably going to have the blowby and oil consumption issue.

"It just works" doesn't make for good videos.
Old 12-25-18, 10:24 AM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by iriz
If you find a super nice LS 430 you would like to purchase, the most stupid thing you can do is asking people on this forum if the price is "right".

When you are reading through the posts by people saying the price is "way too high" someone else bought the car!

If the car is THE car for you (mileage, one owner, spec, color combo, location) then it shouldn't matter whether it is priced $3-5K "too high". If you keep the car for e.g. 5 five years the annual additional cost is just peanuts for a car like this.

Just me.
I agree. Sometimes we forget these cars aren't being made any more. Well taken care of examples won't go down in value much.
Old 12-26-18, 09:40 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

I see a pretty nice deal on a 2006 in Illinois right now. Here's the link: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=223563284It's being advertised as a Modern Luxury, and is a 3-owner with no accidents on the Carfax. Somewhat incomplete Lexus service records from the 3rd owner, but the car itself does appear to be in great shape. Being sold by a reputable looking Cadillac dealer. Might make someone a pretty nice car! I'm not in the market myself or I'd be considering this one...
Old 12-26-18, 09:55 AM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Smile Hard to find

I found my 05 in Ohio. The price was good enough to make up for the shipping. Really kinda tempted to fly back and drive her home. In the meantime I've
closely reviewed the service records. All I can say is WOW. The car was Lexus serviced like clockwork, every 5 K without fail.
I can tell by the service records the PO was a fussy sort. That's a great sign.
First time I have ever bought a car sight unseen. The Chevy dealer where I found the car was great. The sales rep drove the car over to the local Lexus dealer for
a pre purchase inspection. We don't see the old tin worm here in the Northwest much, so that was a prime concern buying a rust belt car.
No worries, the service rep at Lexus said the car had been kept clean and was garaged it's entire life. No rust issues, and the car was undercoated when new. I noted that the PO had the undercoating inspected annually also. I can see by the records the car spent a fair amount of time in Fla. as was serviced there a few times over it's life. I'm like a kid the week before Christmas right now.
Old 12-26-18, 11:35 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 430 Likes on 354 Posts

Which dealership in Oklahoma was it?

Quick Reply: Missed a Black/Saddle UL