LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rear Passenger door window will not obey commands.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 08:24 AM
AlRose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Passenger door window will not obey commands.

I have run Lexus for more than 20 years. Started with LS400's and switched to LS430.

Bought a replacement a year ago. 2003 but not a blemish the body. Tilt and Telescope steering control not working and neither was the rear passenger window. But at 75K miles and equivalent of $4000 I couldn't resist it. Got the Timing belt and ancillaries changed, although not really due, plus some minor drive train issues.

Finally got around to fixing the window problem. I bought a Regulator and motor on eBay ($30) and got to work.
After I got all the paraphernalia off the door I found the previous owner must have had the same problem and just gave up because there was no Regulator nor Motor in place, he (or she) had just chucked it away and replaced the door panel.

Anyway, I have some sympathy because after first off all testing the motor prior to attachment I found the mechanism just drove the window down and then would not bring it up. This happened whether I tried with the driver master switch as well as both door switches. So I surmised it is not a switch problem?. I have pulled apart and cleaned all the relevent contacts to no avail. None of the Limit Switch Reset' tricks work. All this has meant dismounting and resetting the motor several times. Finally I managed to get the winder to completely close the window. Eureka!!! But when I tripped the switch to test it the window stayed down. I repeated this exercise and resolved to leave the window up until some kind sole in one of the Forums can tell me what to do. I suspect it might be something to do with the Rear Door Control Module. I have located one but would dearly love to hear from somebody whether or not I am on the right track.

One last thing. I accidentally tripped the window from the drivers panel whilst on a journey. This resulted in a really furious clicking sound, which was continuous. I feared the motor would burn out and resorted to more or less continuously flipping up the window switch just to stop the clicking for a few seconds. Whenever I released the switch the clicking started again, then after about twenty minutes the window suddenly came up and has stayed up. I have not tried it again yet.

Can some kind person throw any light on this. Thanks in anticipation ... AlRose
Old 01-24-19, 07:03 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Maybe a bad ground someplace in the rear door? Have you checked voltages at the connector to see if you're getting the correct voltage when commanding the window up or down?
Old 01-28-19, 07:38 AM
AlRose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! Pam sad to admit I do have the kit to carry out that check, but thanks for your input. Much appreciated ... AlRose