LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

05' LS430 Rim and Tires Suggestions (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 09:35 AM
kruginator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05' LS430 Rim and Tires Suggestions (HELP)

Hey guys, just bought a white 2005 LS430 last week. Taking it this week to get a new timing belt and other minor maintenance. I am debating between having the current 5 spoke 18 inch Lexus sport rims repaired and potentially painted black, but may go with new rims instead since the current ones are so banged up from the previous owner. At the moment i am not going to change the suspension at all and am interested in putting 20x8.5 rims on the car. I was looking at the niche and TSW rims but cant decide. Any one have any suggestions for rims that are not badly priced, look great, can clear the stock calibers, and are that size? any pictures are helpful as well thanks

Last edited by kruginator; 02-05-19 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-05-19, 12:12 PM
HeyItsN8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy hearing that people continue to purchase these cars. Its a perfect mix between luxury and sport, and they are comfy as hell haha.

With my LS I'm buying Rays TE37SL Pressed Graphites. I've currently got 225 45r18 (stock) in the front and 235 45r18 on the rear all on stock 5 spokes. Honestly the stock wheels aren't super ugly and the car is already ridiculously heavy so only go with new wheels if money is fairly liquid for you.
Old 02-05-19, 01:46 PM
Catalina45
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Consider having the stock wheels refurbished. A local service should be able to fix the wheels and powder coat them to your preferred color. Services around the area will typically dismount the tires, restore the rims and then mount and balance. That’s what I plan to do with my ‘04, 18-inch rims (currently painted with some poorly executed touch up). Rather than the “silver paint” I’ll go with a hyper-Silver powder. Refurbished wheels won’t have the “cache” of a 20-inch designer wheel but they allow you to retain your current tires and retain the ride comfort.
Old 02-05-19, 03:01 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 254 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyItsN8
I enjoy hearing that people continue to purchase these cars. Its a perfect mix between luxury and sport, and they are comfy as hell haha.

With my LS I'm buying Rays TE37SL Pressed Graphites. I've currently got 225 45r18 (stock) in the front and 235 45r18 on the rear all on stock 5 spokes. Honestly the stock wheels aren't super ugly and the car is already ridiculously heavy so only go with new wheels if money is fairly liquid for you.
No way! You gotta post some shots of that when it’s done.. that was the setup I was drooling over in that exact color but decided to just get my 5 spokes powder coated instead. Those will look insane on this car.
Old 02-06-19, 09:26 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyItsN8

That sounds like it should look pretty good, as TEs look good on E V E R Y T H I N G haha.
Old 02-06-19, 03:36 PM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Peacebay

No way! You gotta post some shots of that when it’s done.. that was the setup I was drooling over in that exact color but decided to just get my 5 spokes powder coated instead. Those will look insane on this car.
I agree, good looking wheel for the LS. It appears that wheel is 17" is it also available in 18"?
Old 02-06-19, 04:42 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 254 Likes on 166 Posts

Oh yeah. They even make them in 20s
Old 02-06-19, 05:16 PM
HeyItsN8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ricklin
I agree, good looking wheel for the LS. It appears that wheel is 17" is it also available in 18"?
I know for sure that there are 245 45r18 wheels, however the offset of them are 35 and the stock wheels are like 45 so it may be too close to the caliper. I would check out the RAYS website and check out all the different models.
Originally Posted by kos
That sounds like it should look pretty good, as TEs look good on E V E R Y T H I N G haha.
Originally Posted by Peacebay

I'm pretty confident they'll look awesome, now I just gotta find some money haha. When I get them on their I'll definitely get some pictures though.
Old 02-06-19, 05:55 PM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default More of a window shopper

I'm quite fiscally conservative with regard to wheels, my LS has the factory 18" chrome wheels and I am fine with the appearance. Plus they have Michelin's with about 5K on the tires now, I am GTG for summer. Car looks great. The old chromes are darn near perfect condition wise. Few of these cars in my part of the world. I'm on the hunt for another set of 18"s or 17"s that I can mount up a set of X-ice tires on. The X-ice is worth it on the roads of the Northwest, they work great in the rain as well as freezing conditions. My Prius is a little snow tank with those tires on it, I'd rather drive it vs. my 4runner unless the snow is really deep. They are pricey to run due to the rapid wear....but worth it. Weatherman sez the LS might stay at home for a few days, it's cold here and going to be snowy.