10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-19, 05:43 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by almeshtaq
Yes,

1-the technician had to cut and splicing Some wires to make unit work. However other 2001-2006 had no cut or splice wires. And unit works great .

2-,some functions aren't working , radio app etc ,

3- orginal car fm radi,cd still working background when I play music or video on unit apps.

4-Front R&L speakers aren't working and instead of them R&L tweeter speakers working .

Any idea ?
Is it possible the spliced wires were done incorrectly? Maybe the tech hadn't gone through the system and was trying to use practical knowledge on this non-practical system. Most may not know to grow through the settings...
Old 04-06-19, 05:45 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by juddvong
I'm going to hold off my install until my antenna adapter gets here.
Is there an advantage you are hoping to gain from adapter?
Old 04-06-19, 06:14 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
Looks like this adapter plugs into the smaller plug of the stock CD changer, hopefully no other functions will be lost. Keep us posted on how it works out, please.
Maybe this is where one of the mystery plugs can be utilized?
Old 04-06-19, 10:44 PM
almeshtaq
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Is it possible the spliced wires were done incorrectly? Maybe the tech hadn't gone through the system and was trying to use practical knowledge on this non-practical system. Most may not know to grow through the settings...

As I was with the technician when he was fitting the unit, he had to splice two wires to make sound come out as showing these two wires in my previous post, also he had to cut two wires to make sound of "original car" FM radio to come out to the system,because the sound is disappeared when plug the unit. However other LS430 2003,2004,2005,2006 have no such issues although the same technician has installed this unit to those LS430.

for me ,I tried myself to reconnect those wires which it's been cut and sound disappeared.

any guide ?

@rkw77080

any guide to solve this issue?
Old 04-06-19, 11:25 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

As I was with the technician when he was fitting the unit, he had to splice two wires to make sound come out as showing these two wires in my previous post, also he had to cut two wires to make sound of "original car" FM radio to come out to the system,because the sound is disappeared when plug the unit. However other LS430 2003,2004,2005,2006 have no such issues although the same technician has installed this unit to those LS430.

for me ,I tried myself to reconnect those wires which it's been cut and sound disappeared.

any guide ?

@rkw77080

any guide to solve this issue?
That is interesting. I have an 02 and my unit hopefully will arrive this coming week, I delayed to have my wife's unit ship with mine. So I am not versed in the stereo wiring...are the speakers working non amplified? If they are all amplified and only some work I would think maybe there is a combination of splicing wiring that is still required.

For the "mystery wires' referenced...did you have a cause to use those? If so, were they spliced like shown on the video?

I hope my questions/suggestions are not causing irritation. I know what it's like to not have something working at 100% thus trying to help troubleshoot.
Old 04-07-19, 12:03 AM
almeshtaq
Rookie

That is interesting. I have an 02 and my unit hopefully will arrive this coming week, I delayed to have my wife's unit ship with mine. So I am not versed in the stereo wiring...are the speakers working non amplified? If they are all amplified and only some work I would think maybe there is a combination of splicing wiring that is still required.

For the "mystery wires' referenced...did you have a cause to use those? If so, were they spliced like shown on the video?

I hope my questions/suggestions are not causing irritation. I know what it's like to not have something working at 100% thus trying to help troubleshoot.

yes the rear R&L speakers + sub-woofer are all amplified with producing high level sound.
Old 04-07-19, 12:21 AM
iriz
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

However other LS430 2003,2004,2005,2006 have no such issues although the same technician has installed this unit to those LS430.
So this means that your technisian has installed this unit in a number of LS430.

Does any of these work 100% as expected?
Old 04-07-19, 12:26 AM
almeshtaq
Rookie

Originally Posted by iriz
So this means that your technisian has installed this unit in a number of LS430.

Does any of these work 100% as expected?
yes they all work ok.

I don't know if it's something to do with my LS only ,because it has OEM telephone system or this isn't related to stereo system!!!
Old 04-08-19, 05:49 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Car Solutions

yes they all work ok.

I don't know if it's something to do with my LS only ,because it has OEM telephone system or this isn't related to stereo system!!!
Almeshtaq.... you had a posts maybe a while back about car Solutions Android on the Factory Navi screen.....
did you not like that???
you showed the installation and that it worked( you could use your original navigation screen to control the Android navigation box from car Solutions) .... then nothing more about it was that not working as advertised?
Please elaborate and why did you decide to go with this tablet unit?

I was going to order the car Solutions adapter for the ls but I saw you had no posts and never replied back why and how is it worked well please reply thanks
Old 04-12-19, 11:19 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

I waited...was excited and looks like I will be returning my radio. Just recieved it last night. Attempted to install my a radio for my wife and plugged everything in but the power was not working. Contacted rep and was of course told they would check. I tried on my ls today and horrible feedback noise I cannot get rid of unless I close the original car app which then does not allow any music to come through speakers. Nav does not work nor does climate control.

I have an 2002. For those who have already installed if I missed a step let me know, please. I have two wires from original nav unit that are not connected I wonder if that is the cause for no climate but there are no plugs that fit them.
Old 04-12-19, 12:16 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

[QUOTE=lovelexus3;10491292]I tried on my ls today and horrible feedback noise I cannot get rid of unless I close the original car app which then does not allow any music to come through speakers.[/QUOTE]

did you connect the red/white RCA's?
The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 04-12-19, 12:29 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

[QUOTE=vredniykot;10491374]
I tried on my ls today and horrible feedback noise I cannot get rid of unless I close the original car app which then does not allow any music to come through speakers.[/QUOTE]

did you connect the red/white RCA's?
Yes I did. I think I noticed something...it appears my harness says 04‐06. I believe that could be the culprit.
Old 04-12-19, 12:39 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

as far as i know the manufacturer advertised this unit as 04-06 models only, did they tell you specifically that it works for 01-03 models as well just with a different harness?
Old 04-12-19, 12:48 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
as far as i know the manufacturer advertised this unit as 04-06 models only, did they tell you specifically that it works for 01-03 models as well just with a different harness?
I was told 02 model year would work with it. I am beginning to question it now....although I believe someone here has theirs installed on an 02 as well.
Old 04-12-19, 03:29 PM
NL5
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I waited...was excited and looks like I will be returning my radio. Just recieved it last night. Attempted to install my a radio for my wife and plugged everything in but the power was not working. Contacted rep and was of course told they would check. I tried on my ls today and horrible feedback noise I cannot get rid of unless I close the original car app which then does not allow any music to come through speakers. Nav does not work nor does climate control.

I have an 2002. For those who have already installed if I missed a step let me know, please. I have two wires from original nav unit that are not connected I wonder if that is the cause for no climate but there are no plugs that fit them.
There is a plug that connects to one of those 3. Also, the mystery plug that plugs into itself and has the green and purple wires intercepts one of the plugs on the radio.

Mine powered up fine. Radio app works
Bluetooth works. My volume is very low, so I think the amp is not turning on. If anyone has schematics of the multi display unit, that would be a big help. Also, has anyone been able to program steering wheel controls on a 2001 to 2003?

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430