LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-19, 04:23 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NL5
There is a plug that connects to one of those 3. Also, the mystery plug that plugs into itself and has the green and purple wires intercepts one of the plugs on the radio.

Mine powered up fine. Radio app works
Bluetooth works. My volume is very low, so I think the amp is not turning on. If anyone has schematics of the multi display unit, that would be a big help. Also, has anyone been able to program steering wheel controls on a 2001 to 2003?
One of my plugs said 04‐06 (see attached picture). Did yours have that? My bluetooth works well, but radio did not. What did you use for an antenna? Does your climate work? I did have one plug for the three but it did not turn on my climate control.

For the steering wheel controls did you try the app steering wheel?
Old 04-12-19, 06:41 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by juddvong
I'm going to hold off my install until my antenna adapter gets here.

Did the antenna work?
Old 04-12-19, 06:46 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Did the antenna work?
Yeah, i'd like to know too.

as is the FM works on mine, through the "original car" portion, i can tune by using original tuner buttons, only the freq's are all messed up (don't correspond with US freq's) on the display so it's kind of hard to tell what station you are tuned in to.
Old 04-12-19, 07:04 PM
NL5
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

One of my plugs said 04‐06 (see attached picture). Did yours have that? My bluetooth works well, but radio did not. What did you use for an antenna? Does your climate work? I did have one plug for the three but it did not turn on my climate control.

For the steering wheel controls did you try the app steering wheel?
I can't get the radio in "original car" to work, but the radio app works without an antenna. I tried the steering wheel app, but it doesn't work. Did it work for you?

Also, are the volume controls working for anyone? I mean the car volume, not the volume on the android device.

One last thing - I can't get the original car radio to shut off. It's running and putting out static all the time.
Old 04-12-19, 07:18 PM
NL5
Driver

Originally Posted by almeshtaq

vredniykot , There are 2 audio "white&Red " wires carry out the sound of CD changer from plug of CD changer which must be connected to Screen audio Aux in.
I see that you used the extra harness, and connected the green and purple wires to the ones going to the canbus controller. Is that the way it is now? That's not the ones your technician spliced from the CD changer plug, correct? From looking at the stereo wiring diagram, that looks like it will tap into the canbus. I was thinking about doing that, but was gonna try and find out a litte more about the canbus system first. I am pretty sure that's why I can't program my steering wheel controls. I also think the other plug that fits into the 2004+ models, is the other half of the canbus signal for the environmental controls. Just a hunch.
Old 04-13-19, 02:36 AM
almeshtaq
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sentinel99
Almeshtaq.... you had a posts maybe a while back about car Solutions Android on the Factory Navi screen.....
did you not like that???
you showed the installation and that it worked( you could use your original navigation screen to control the Android navigation box from car Solutions) .... then nothing more about it was that not working as advertised?
Please elaborate and why did you decide to go with this tablet unit?

I was going to order the car Solutions adapter for the ls but I saw you had no posts and never replied back why and how is it worked well please reply thanks

yes it was me and it was 4 years back, and everything worked ok ,it was little thing complicated as I integrate 2 types of devices one was android box and universal touch atapter .I announced the solution to the original company however there was no support or even take the idea to the new solution.I took 2 months to figure out the right way to communicate those devices to car system.

the reason to decide to fit this unit as it has many features such as wide screen "10 and good performance with high processor and RAM and in additional the whole car system climate ,car FM , CD which was in orginal screen it is brought to the new wide screen.

after my clarify to the andriod box i became very busy with my study in university and had no much time to participate into that post .
Old 04-13-19, 03:08 AM
almeshtaq
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I waited...was excited and looks like I will be returning my radio. Just recieved it last night. Attempted to install my a radio for my wife and plugged everything in but the power was not working. Contacted rep and was of course told they would check. I tried on my ls today and horrible feedback noise I cannot get rid of unless I close the original car app which then does not allow any music to come through speakers. Nav does not work nor does climate control.

I have an 2002. For those who have already installed if I missed a step let me know, please. I have two wires from original nav unit that are not connected I wonder if that is the cause for no climate but there are no plugs that fit them.
Your LS is just like mine....as I mentioned earlier that for 2001-2003 some wires must be spliced with other wires and and 2 wires must be cut to make car system work .... so if you want to make your system work do as showing in attached pictures

These 2 wires must be spliced to other wires

here 2 wires must be cut them to make sound of system comes out

These also to be cut in unit wires

for climate you need to plug this plug in attached picture

for steering control these wires must be connect like this and everything will work fine.

for steering control

Last edited by almeshtaq; 04-13-19 at 03:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lovelexus3 (04-13-19)
Old 04-13-19, 11:28 AM
NL5
Driver

OK, I have most everything working. Looks like a couple of buttons in the AC menu aren't working, but most are. Steering wheel controls work. Controls on the stereo seem to be working. Haven't had a chance to test everything yet, but looks pretty good so far.

On 2001 to 2003, you have to cut the green and purple wires between the canbus decoder and the stereo harness. Then, as pictured above, splice in the stand alone adapter. You will end up with a set of green and a set of purple that are connected to the jumper harness for the stereo. Connect the green to purple, and the green/black to the purple/black.

Make sure the extra adapter is hooked to your AC controls as pictured above. Make sure both stereo plugs have the jumper harness attached, and you should be good.

Lastly, I did not cut the white and gray wires as said above. Just the purple and greens, which are the canbus comm wires.

Last edited by NL5; 04-13-19 at 11:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NL5:
Emeye (08-28-21), lovelexus3 (04-13-19)
Old 04-13-19, 06:19 PM
NL5
Driver

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wiring going to the original nav screen? I need both the 2001-2003, and the 2004-2006. I think I need more than just the one wire for the environmental controls. Most are working, but not all. I have to use the buttons on the side to adjust the temp.

Also, has anyone been able to mirror their phone while the display on the phone is off? I really don't want my screen on my phone to be on when it's displayed on the cars screen.
Old 04-13-19, 09:37 PM
milesdf
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default identify type of backup camera, model number?

I was told a separate camera for rear view had to be purchased. I was able to have them throw one in for the deal for my unit.
Any idea how difficult it is to exchange the backup camera? Hadn't thought of this before. Specifications of new camera?
Old 04-14-19, 01:33 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 04-14-19, 01:01 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by NL5
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wiring going to the original nav screen? I need both the 2001-2003, and the 2004-2006. I think I need more than just the one wire for the environmental controls. Most are working, but not all. I have to use the buttons on the side to adjust the temp.

Also, has anyone been able to mirror their phone while the display on the phone is off? I really don't want my screen on my phone to be on when it's displayed on the cars screen.
The diagrams are on this thread, you will have to scroll up.

I believe the side buttons are needed to change the temperature from the videos posted on this thread.
Old 04-14-19, 01:13 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by NL5
OK, I have most everything working. Looks like a couple of buttons in the AC menu aren't working, but most are. Steering wheel controls work. Controls on the stereo seem to be working. Haven't had a chance to test everything yet, but looks pretty good so far.

On 2001 to 2003, you have to cut the green and purple wires between the canbus decoder and the stereo harness. Then, as pictured above, splice in the stand alone adapter. You will end up with a set of green and a set of purple that are connected to the jumper harness for the stereo. Connect the green to purple, and the green/black to the purple/black.

Make sure the extra adapter is hooked to your AC controls as pictured above. Make sure both stereo plugs have the jumper harness attached, and you should be good.

Lastly, I did not cut the white and gray wires as said above. Just the purple and greens, which are the canbus comm wires.
For clarity...you said green to purple, and the green/black to the purple/black..but the picture above looks like purple to purple/black and green to green/black. Did I misunderstand?
Old 04-14-19, 03:12 PM
NL5
Driver

For clarity...you said green to purple, and the green/black to the purple/black..but the picture above looks like purple to purple/black and green to green/black. Did I misunderstand?
There are two steps -

On 2001 to 2003, you have to cut the green and purple wires between the canbus decoder and the stereo harness. Then, as pictured below, splice in the stand alone adapter(red box) to the four wires coming from the canbus side. Black box is the splice. (green to green, green/blk to green blk - same for purple set)

You will end up with a set of green and a set of purple that are connected to the jumper harness for the stereo (the two connectors in the picture below is the stereo harness jumper). Connect the green to purple, and the green/black to the purple/black.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited by NL5; 04-14-19 at 03:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NL5:
Emeye (08-28-21), lovelexus3 (04-15-19)
Old 04-14-19, 03:18 PM
NL5
Driver

The diagrams are on this thread, you will have to scroll up.

I believe the side buttons are needed to change the temperature from the videos posted on this thread.
I must have missed the thing about using only the buttons to adjust temp.

As far as the wiring diagrams, the ones above are just for the stereo, unless I missed something. I need a pinout of the three plugs going to the nav screen on 2001-2003, and the two plugs going to the nav screen on a 2004-2006. I think we are missing one or two of the enviromental control wires. As is, I can live with it. I can get most everything to work. The android device isn't perfect, but it does what I've wanted to do with my car since I bought it. Would be nice to get it to 100%. I was also able to get my Grom device to somewhat work as a second CD changer. I just can't seem to be able to store stations for the HD radio.
The following users liked this post:
Chaos515 (11-18-19)

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430