LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-19, 01:16 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

What a cool topic and you are truly pioneers.
Its a very difficult decision. To bad to lose the outside temp as well. I love that old school little panel on top with all the data but I understand that room has to be made for a big screen.

Does anyone have a picture or a little movie how it looks from a little distance? Lets say from standing outside and then zooming in. Just to get a nice impression how the overall look will be. Must look very very cool and modern.
Old 05-10-19, 01:14 PM
juddvong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not getting back to you guys. Ended up traveling a lot and not having any time to mess with the car. Now I have been using it for a few weeks. Here are some of my opinions:

Unit is China and it shows, but I also expected this. Software can get a little wonky at times but it always sorts itself out after turning off and on. Happens once every two weeks.
I wish the unit was more secure near the top. It doesn't sit as securely as I would like.
The color matches the factory trim perfectly.
I'm using Android Auto using an app called Headunit reloaded on the app store. It works flawlessly. I use this about 90% of the time.
I also have a flash drive with a ton of music videos and it's cool af to watch when I have passengers in the car.
The antenna adapter didn't work so I have no radio.

Overall I like it about 70%, I would say it's worth the price I paid ($370 shipped with camera). Now the long term test is to see how long it will last. It does scare me that all my climate is controlled through this china unit. The day this thing ****s out and it's 105 degrees outside, is the the day I put my OE stuff back it. Until then it's staying in the car.
Old 05-10-19, 02:55 PM
NL5
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Sorry for the delay. There is a bit of wiring connecting

This is what comes with the package. The yellow Male rca plugs into the rca on the harness. There is a wire that comes from the yellow Male rca that connects to the back wire on the harness.

Run the wire (I did mine on the passenger side) Ran the cord through the rear seat and then pulled down the rear armrest and removed the frame. Enlarged the hole slightly and ran through the carpeting in trunk. With the wire clamps clamped to reverse lights taped and was done. Very easy. More time is spent taking panels off and on and running wire.

End result of camera. The camera has a setting of the distance bars and the unit has one. Figure it wouldnt hurt to have both.

Where did you mount the camera? Mine is supposed to be here Monday, then I can finish the android install.
Old 05-11-19, 08:04 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NL5
Where did you mount the camera? Mine is supposed to be here Monday, then I can finish the android install.
I mounted my camera on the

Old 05-11-19, 08:07 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by juddvong
Sorry for not getting back to you guys. Ended up traveling a lot and not having any time to mess with the car. Now I have been using it for a few weeks. Here are some of my opinions:

Unit is China and it shows, but I also expected this. Software can get a little wonky at times but it always sorts itself out after turning off and on. Happens once every two weeks.
I wish the unit was more secure near the top. It doesn't sit as securely as I would like.
I'm using Android Auto using an app called Headunit reloaded on the app store. It works flawlessly. I use this about 90% of the time.
I also have a flash drive with a ton of music videos and it's cool af to watch when I have passengers in the car.

Overall I like it about 70%, I would say it's worth the price I paid ($370 shipped with camera). Now the long term test is to see how long it will last. It does scare me that all my climate is controlled through this china unit. The day this thing ****s out and it's 105 degrees outside, is the the day I put my OE stuff back it. Until then it's staying in the car.
The cooling is a concern...here in TX it is a scary thought.

My a\c change filter light came on...but cannot figure out how to turn it off since holding power button does nothing!

Yes in order for antenna adapter to work, you have to connect in the trunk...then run wire to head unit. It was more than I was willing to do. Possibly may get an aftermarket adapter that connects to windshield.
Old 05-21-19, 01:33 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Any info about the Air purifier? I cant see any button to set this? There is normally, on, off and auto.
Such a cool option. Makes me really feel VIP
Old 05-21-19, 01:55 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

did you transfer the metal clips from your old trim to the new one? it was pretty snug on mine with the clips transferred

these:

Old 05-21-19, 01:57 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Do you have a picture of this not fitting properly?
Old 05-31-19, 07:34 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys any updates any grievances for the time that you've been using it?

I'm about to pull the trigger they no longer have one of these up on eBay so I will have to go through AliExpress just wanted to see if your opinions has changed over to the time that you've had this units thank you
Old 05-31-19, 07:48 AM
NL5
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I am still totally happy with my install. It's not a perfect solution, but to me, it's the best way to update the radio and nav.
Old 06-06-19, 02:23 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

non-navi model available
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...79b026cdvhS8QP

The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 06-06-19, 02:27 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
Interesting...
Z7USUDRV (06-01-23)
Old 06-06-19, 02:36 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

and, looks like bastiges released the "high" version, with better EQ https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...79b026cdvhS8QP

Last edited by vredniykot; 06-06-19 at 03:39 PM.
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 06-06-19, 05:31 PM
whutt
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vredniykot
and, looks like bastiges released the "high" version, with better EQ https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...79b026cdvhS8QP

So this version has an updated DSP it looks like from the product description? Starting to get more and more tempted to order one of these
Old 06-06-19, 05:37 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Im 99% sure ill be getting the new version asap, i shall report back when i get it

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430