LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-19, 06:17 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

and i think the non-navi version deserves it's own thread, since this was a "navi-only" thread to begin with, i shall create one with linking to this thread as well
Old 06-10-19, 10:25 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys
how would you know if you are getting the updated DSP version??
from what I understand they are not very well versed in English/ manufacturers of this unit

Also do you guys know if they accept Paypal via Ali Express I've never bought anything on there before please let me know thanks
Old 06-10-19, 11:12 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sentinel99
Hey guys
how would you know if you are getting the updated DSP version??
from what I understand they are not very well versed in English/ manufacturers of this unit

Also do you guys know if they accept Paypal via Ali Express I've never bought anything on there before please let me know thanks
yeah, it's frustrating...
i'm asking her about the differences between the 7.1 and 8.1 unit and about the EQ. she tells me EQ is "from a different model" and when i point out that i pulled the pic from their ad about the 8.1 model she says "oh, you're more professional than me" and asks me some random question about some car DVD player... going to have to try and contact someone else....

here is what payments they accept:

Old 06-14-19, 10:54 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

so i finally got a straight answer on these "new" units...
the only "new" thing is it's running Android 8.1 instead of 7.1 that most of you guys have
i was quoted $266+$55 shipping
Old 06-14-19, 12:50 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vredniykot
so i finally got a straight answer on these "new" units...
the only "new" thing is it's running Android 8.1 instead of 7.1 that most of you guys have
i was quoted $266+$55 shipping
That's a pretty good price actually did they tell you approximately how long shipping takes from China to USA?
Old 06-14-19, 04:20 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Not specifically, no. But the last 2 i ordered took about 2 weeks. It took them 4 days to ship it out and just over a week to get here
Old 06-15-19, 12:25 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Not specifically, no. But the last 2 i ordered took about 2 weeks. It took them 4 days to ship it out and just over a week to get here
Could you please direct me to their website or contact ordering info everywhere else I see them selling the unit for 400 plus shipping much appreciated thank you
Old 06-15-19, 12:35 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sentinel99
Could you please direct me to their website or contact ordering info everywhere else I see them selling the unit for 400 plus shipping much appreciated thank you
https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?...areScene=buyer
Just contact them through the ad
Old 06-15-19, 12:38 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Or go to alibaba.com and search for "lexus ls 430 android" and pick whatever model you need and contact them through that ad. You may have to wait a bit for them to respond. Different time zones and all that
Old 06-15-19, 12:52 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Does one of you guys have tested this in a UL (President over here) because I really like to know if the option with the rear Air Purifier and airco sill work with the same options: Auto, Low or High. I think the button 'rear' is ment for that but what about the rest of the options.
Old 06-15-19, 02:42 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your reply

I will I'll let you know how I make out
Old 06-15-19, 04:37 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NLLex
Does one of you guys have tested this in a UL (President over here) because I really like to know if the option with the rear Air Purifier and airco sill work with the same options: Auto, Low or High. I think the button 'rear' is ment for that but what about the rest of the options.
I sold my second unit to a guy with a 05 UL. I asked him to check it, will let you know what he says
Old 06-16-19, 02:13 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

I sold my second unit to a guy with a 05 UL. I asked him to check it, will let you know what he says
Excellent! Thanks for the help

Last edited by NLLex; 06-16-19 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-17-19, 12:44 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NLLex
Excellent! Thanks for the help
He said he was unable to get any action on the controls for the rear but also said that he's got a "key" icon on the display in the rear armrest so it may be a separate issue. Also keep in mind that these Android "tablets" are used across multiple vehicle brands and probably just have a generic interface and just use different decoders and vehicle specific harnesses, so that may be why it has the "rear" button that goes nowhere in the LS.
Im not too familiar with UL's AC controls, are there options to control the rear air from the stock climate control unit?
Old 06-17-19, 01:28 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

He said he was unable to get any action on the controls for the rear but also said that he's got a "key" icon on the display in the rear armrest so it may be a separate issue. Also keep in mind that these Android "tablets" are used across multiple vehicle brands and probably just have a generic interface and just use different decoders and vehicle specific harnesses, so that may be why it has the "rear" button that goes nowhere in the LS.
Im not too familiar with UL's AC controls, are there options to control the rear air from the stock climate control unit?
Ow Yes! There is an air purifieng system behind the back seat to purifie the air in the car. There are options to put it on automatic but also on lo or on high. The speakers behind the backwindow are not real speakers but vents for this purifieng system. Because the android has the 'rear' option I really think it can be activated somehow....

Thanks again for the effort

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430