10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-24, 05:27 AM
Nieko21
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nieko21
Any luck with finding the right canbus settings? I have the same problem
Figured mines out yesterday. You literally have to try every CANBUS that has a Toyota car option. Mines was Luzheng-Toyota 12 Crown-HighConfig. Other ones like HiWorld would control steering wheel but not the A/C. You have to connect the unit to WiFi to download a new CANBUS type. Literally was downloading and restarting system until fan controls worked on A/C screen and had steering wheel buttons. I bought a 8gb 256ram from OPUYYM store on Aliexpress. All I have left is to figure out back up camera…
Old 04-30-24, 11:30 AM
i928
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z7USUDRV
Just wondering were I route my wiring for the new reverse camera to replace the ML camera. From the back of the unit RCA to the trunk. (Pics highly appreciated)

​​​​​​BTW Teyes cc3 2k works great, haven't had any issues with control. Plug and play on everything else besides the Reverse camera. Would recommend for anybody else. Just order what i need for the trim of my LS and installed it myself in 4 hours. I didn't get to do this setup how I wanted like I posted in a earlier message but I'm really happy with this at the moment. Some small software do's and donts just like everything else. If ur in Central valley Cali and looking for help hit me up!
​​​​​
Can you tell more about some small software donts? I think about get one + 360 camera.
Old 05-04-24, 09:18 PM
lovemarch
1st Gear

Default Did I do something wrong?

I installed the system everything was working but navigation at first I still don’t know why but now i hit the mode button on my steering wheel now my ac isn’t working and now it’s saying no car information on the car settings on the monitor do I have to take everything out and redo it? The volume buttons on steering wheel still working

Old 06-04-24, 06:13 PM
trey99ek
2nd gear

Originally Posted by lovemarch
I installed the system everything was working but navigation at first I still don’t know why but now i hit the mode button on my steering wheel now my ac isn’t working and now it’s saying no car information on the car settings on the monitor do I have to take everything out and redo it? The volume buttons on steering wheel still working

I'm in the same boat. I just installed one. Android auto works however limited climate control. When I want to use it I have to go through 2 or 3 menus. CD , radio tuner do not work. Steering wheel controls are non existent. Car shows in the menu it's an LS430 but so many bugs.
Old 09-17-24, 02:37 PM
livnlo
4th Gear

hello everyone.
2003 ls430 with nav and ml system.
i spent the morning reading through this whole post. i want to get ride of my nav / ml system to have a better unit , blue tooth etc etc.
i am leary of going with one of these android radios, witch one to buy how long will it last and so on will everything still work?? seicane seems to be the one to go with.
website shows 79% off is that because there junk??
who has done this swap and happy with it and what company did you buy it from.
thank you in advance!!

Last edited by livnlo; 09-17-24 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-18-24, 12:11 AM
Fsport4lif
3rd Gear

hello I have a 2005 LS430 ul, and ive spent the summer doing the the whole android radio swap and i have to its a love HATE thing going on with it. I love the way it looks in vehicle the big color touch screen is awesome way better than the factory dos looking system, The stereo system sounds Amazing who knew, ive even passed on getting a new subwoofer dont need it the stock levenson system really pumps now, Nav had been no problem and again its great to view on the bigger color screen i have a android phone so my android auto(or so called z link)activates the minute the car and phone connect via bluetooth. The Hate part comes from this whole canbus box you have to install with it in oreder to get your ac controls and steering wheel controls to work. Afetr you insstall which was preety easy, literally plug and play first thing you should do is go into the car factory settings and select you vehicle year make and model, first selection however is the manufacture of your canbus box, which i have no idea who it is, theres no mention of manufacure in the manuel youll get with it, some people say their has it on the canbus box, mine does not. I have the serial number year production, software version and the the fact is for ls430 high, which is what i have, the only reason its a problem is i have to select my vehicle as the 2005 Lexus ls460 and everything works awesone ac,stereo stearing wheel controls eveything except it has this AUTOMATIC SOUND LEVELING FEATURE THAT TURNS MY MUSIC OFF WHENEVER IM COMING TO STOP. WTF. I dont get worst feature i have ever seen, makes no sense. Drives me crazy i have to push the vol up button for it to unmute but i better not still be moving or it'll just turn itself off again. I cant find anywhere to turn this feature off of course ive emailed retailer to no avail. If i select my vehicle in canbus setting itll go away but then my ac controls wont work or back up camera option disapears/ its been the frustrating thing this whole time. I have had 3 of these things now all same problem, personally i would stay away from the Seicanne great price, junk radio. Im using hikity for a few months now, other than described above its been a great radio. I do recommend getting at least 4gb or 6gb ram, The entry level radios with 1 or 2gb ram isnt enough to run the radio and nav or any thing else you might have open not enough memory starts to freeze up and all that jazz, i have a 6g now and have NO problems. Thats it that my 2 cents and if anybody out there nows how to turn this asl feature off PLEASE PLEASE let me know, Nothing worse than having one of you fav songs come on and then suddenly turns off as you slowing down for traffic, or stop light, or xross walk, or end of your street to turn on the main road, or train crossings, or pulling into drive thru im not there yet, LET ME HEAR MY SONG..lol.. s
Originally Posted by livnlo
hello everyone.
i spent the morning reading through this whole post. i want to get ride of my nav / ml system to have a better unit , blue tooth etc etc.
i am leary of going with one of these android radios, witch one to buy how long will it last and so on will everything still work?? seicane seems to be the one to go with.
thank you in advance!!
Old 09-19-24, 01:42 AM
DrVlikhell
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

hello everyone.
thank you in advance!!
I put one of these in my previous LS430. Here's a link to the one I got on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802558475382.html They list several models, I got the 8G 128G version, which means 8GB of ram and 128GB of storage. Don't get anything with less than 8GB of ram since Android apps are becoming memory hogs these days. Most phones and tablets have 4 to 8GB and you'll probably keep the car longer than you keep your phone so you want the best specs you can get. I did a ton of research on this forum and in other places and several other users here got the same unit from Aliexpress, from that same seller and were happy with it. I heard mixed reviews about the seicane one.

It works great, sounds much better than I expected. Fit and finish was much better than I expected from a Chinese product. Android auto works great, use any GPS app you want, all of the functions work as expected... except a couple of the AC controls. I forget which ones because the car belongs to my friend now and I haven't seen him in a while. I did not experience the volume issues that Fsport4lif is having. The only down side besides the AC app not being perfect is that you loose all the physical buttons for AC control except the up/down temperature buttons for the driver and passenger. If you leave the AC set on one thing and hardly change it then that's probably not a big deal. But if you fiddle with the AC a lot then it might get annoying to not have physical buttons to change modes. Though the AC app does have an overlay so it's always available with one tap regardless of what other app you're in. I wrote a lot about it in a couple other threads but if you're on the fence and dissatisfied with the stock system I'd recommend it. It was February of 2023 that I ordered it and my friend still has it and loves it, still working great.

Why didn't I put one in my current LS430? I really missed the AC buttons and I'm working on a very custom system that will run custom software and hijack the stock screen. Sort of like the Grom, but with better specs and more functions. Because I'm a nerd like that.
Old 09-19-24, 10:32 AM
livnlo
4th Gear

thank you for the replies it is much appreciated!!
i was going to order this today from amazon just thought if i had problems i have some one i can get on the phone or return it.
Amazon Amazon
now i am second guessing myself looking at buying from aliexpress. is there any issues with and of the plugs with that kit? all the people that sell these kits want pics of the dash and the plugs.
are there shipping times accurate, never purchased anything from them??
the price point on them is close around 300/330.00 so it going to come down to a time thing. plus the amazon one is only 4g but i can have it in two days.
im in arizona so its in a warehouse here somewhere, sometimes i even get stuff from them the same day i order it.
Old 09-19-24, 03:20 PM
DrVlikhell
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

thank you for the replies it is much appreciated!!
i was going to order this today from amazon just thought if i had problems i have some one i can get on the phone or return it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...I22NY0E3&psc=1
now i am second guessing myself looking at buying from aliexpress. is there any issues with and of the plugs with that kit? all the people that sell these kits want pics of the dash and the plugs.
are there shipping times accurate, never purchased anything from them??
the price point on them is close around 300/330.00 so it going to come down to a time thing. plus the amazon one is only 4g but i can have it in two days.
im in arizona so its in a warehouse here somewhere, sometimes i even get stuff from them the same day i order it.
First, I wouldn't count on being able to get anyone on the phone to help with the one from Amazon. If you look at the seller details it says it's shipped from Amazon, but sold by "Hodozzy Direct". If you click on the link for Hodozzy Direct it takes you to their seller page
here here
. Scroll down that page and you will see the detailed seller information giving their business name as "Shenzhenshi YouyuekeJi Youxiangongsi" and their business address as
布龙路369号东海王工业区B座B301, 坂田街道马安堂社区, 深圳, 龙岗区, 广东, 518129, CN. This tells me that they are a China based company that likely shipped several pallets of their products to Amazon as part of Amazons fulfillment service, and very likely do not have a US presence at all. I didn't see any phone number listed and they don't have their own website either. Not that any of these things are specifically bad, it's just how some companies do business, but it means that you're very likely not going to be able to get anyone on the phone for support.

The bad part is that if you look on that same seller information page, there are a lot of negative reviews that are crossed out with the note that Amazon took care of it. While Amazon did take care of it, likely in the form of a return, these people all still had legit problems with their order and/or product. Since those reviews are crossed out, they do not affect the overall score for the seller, which is why it shows they have 100% positive feedback - when in reality that's false.

While the wiring install is somewhat confusing, the head unit that I ordered came with all the correct plugs and adapters required. There were several unused plugs on the one I got, but that's because the actual Android unit is used in many different cars, it's just fitted into whatever bezel goes to each different car. The wiring was likely a general Toyota/Lexus wiring harness because I recognized some unused connectors as what would go into a standard Toyota like an older 4-Runner or something that has a basic stereo and not the complex Mark Levinson system like our cars have.

The reason some sellers want pictures of your dash is because they want to make sure they're sending you the correct version for a NAV or non-NAV car. Since the people doing the shipping are all Chinese it's easier for them if you just send a picture and they match it up rather than trying to explain and they translate and hope it's understood correctly. The seller I bought from on Aliexpress lists the different NAV and non-NAV versions separately to avoid that problem so you just have to make sure you're ordering the right version.

I have had good experiences with Aliexpress in general. That was the most expensive thing I've ever ordered from a seller on Aliexpress but several other people on the forum ordered from the same seller and they had good experiences as well, so that's why I decided to go with them. Also because everyone here on the forum who bought from them said that seller actually communicates well and will try to help you if you have any issues. The communication is through the Aliexpress messaging system, but it's better than nothing and they do respond on their next business day in my experience. They also send you a link to a huge installation manual. I can't remember how long everything took to arrive, but it was well within their expected time frame. It also came in two separate packages. One with all of the wiring and accessories, and one with the actual head unit. Everything I've ordered from Aliexpress generally comes faster than their estimated time frame, and they give you a tracking number that usually tracks it all the way from China to your door. In fact, I just received a bunch of sensors and control boards for another project from Aliexpress yesterday. That only took five days to get here from China, but that was the fastest I've ever seen and wouldn't expect other things to arrive quite that quickly.
Old 09-25-24, 01:24 PM
livnlo
4th Gear

thank you all again for replying.
i did decide to go with the amazon kit just purely for time. started the install last night and my fffing battery died. arghhh
i will up date you all how it goes. i got 30 days to test it and if i have any problems will return it. i also bought a 2 year warranty as well. if i have problems i will ger the aliexpress one. anyway will update later when results.
Old 09-28-24, 12:05 PM
livnlo
4th Gear

so pretty much have this all installed and figured out. i spent days on it that due mainly to having no instructions. tech support is limited they respond in the middle of the night. so if any one buys the same kit i did please reach out i will gladly help guide you. my kit has both sets of plug for 01-06. once i figured it all out canbus was easy and ac controls working and sw controls. i am not very on top of android platform so that was a big part of it. operation wise it is very cool have not seen any glitches as of yet seems to operate quickly i got the 8 core 4gb 64gb. fit and finish is very nice i am very happy with it all so far. if they would just include better instructions would be so much easier.
again thank you to all who helped and guided will pass that on.
now i can play with it i have not searched yet but i want to change to boot up image to lexus anyone played with that stuff??