LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Scrap Yard for searching leather interior parts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-19, 01:25 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Lexus Scrap Yard for searching leather interior parts.

Because is seems to be almost impossible to find the leather door and dashboardpanels I came to the Idea to search for a Lexus scrapyard.

Does anybody know a big one? I live in Europe but those leather panels are mostly mounted in the USA UL models.

If you know a nice set of these parts you can always inform me and Ill be generous with my reward when it comes to a deal!

Many thanks!
Old 05-01-19, 03:19 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Received 415 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by NLLex
Because is seems to be almost impossible to find the leather door and dashboardpanels I came to the Idea to search for a Lexus scrapyard.

Does anybody know a big one? I live in Europe but those leather panels are mostly mounted in the USA UL models.

If you know a nice set of these parts you can always inform me and Ill be generous with my reward when it comes to a deal!

Many thanks!
Will need more information.... year, Color codes and probably VIN tag # in order to compare to donor vehicle
Old 05-02-19, 01:18 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Thank you for your reply.

I drive a ls430 from 2004. The interior is all black. There was only one kind of black delivered in all the LS430's.

Because the wood trim of these cars is different in the USA, ill need all the wood items as well exept for the steering wheel.

I am looking for all the leather wrapped items exept the seats, so doorpanels, cover under steering wheel, dashboard box, complete center middle console.
Because its a show car I am looking for parts from a low milage car. Leather is always very fragile ofcourse.
Old 05-02-19, 06:41 AM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

One option, not sure how feasible this is, is to buy a complete/whole car that is getting junked, and have someone carefully take out all of the bits and shipped to you. It is probably cheaper than buying piece by piece. Just fyi, a few weeks ago an 04-06 LS with a blown engine end up being sold for $700 before I had a chance to stop by and look. It had high mileage, but iirc from looking at the pictures the interior was in decent shape.
Old 08-14-20, 10:58 AM
drbdjones
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I'm very late to this thread but after reading the above I get the impression that NLLex thinks all the interior pieces are leather. I maybe wrong but I was under the impression that just the seating surfaces were leather everything else is just vinyl. I hope someone can clear this up for us both.
Old 08-14-20, 11:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

He is referring to UL ultra luxury models where it is leather
Old 08-14-20, 11:10 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by drbdjones
I know I'm very late to this thread but after reading the above I get the impression that NLLex thinks all the interior pieces are leather. I maybe wrong but I was under the impression that just the seating surfaces were leather everything else is just vinyl. I hope someone can clear this up for us both.
Ow no! There are many UL's out there with leather trapped parts which look awesome!!!
I am still looking for that today and I cant find it
Old 08-14-20, 11:12 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BCT
One option, not sure how feasible this is, is to buy a complete/whole car that is getting junked, and have someone carefully take out all of the bits and shipped to you. It is probably cheaper than buying piece by piece. Just fyi, a few weeks ago an 04-06 LS with a blown engine end up being sold for $700 before I had a chance to stop by and look. It had high mileage, but iirc from looking at the pictures the interior was in decent shape.
Over here these cars are really expensieve. Cheapest one is 11.000 dollar with about 200.000 miles and pre facelift is about 6000 dollar but no guarantees about interior quality and I want really nice parts with low milage....
Old 08-14-20, 11:33 AM
TominPT
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 182 Posts

There are wrecking yards in the USA that dismantle and sell parts from LS430s of all types, and they may have interior parts you are looking after.
There are several such yards in Rancho Cordova, California for example. Use Google to find them and give them a call.