Original OEM has much wider boarder

New mat is flimsy. Easily lays on itself when bended

Original OEM mat has heavy rubber backing. Hard to bend

Original OEM backing cover entire mat and has more nubs to hold in place

Thiness of newer mat is realy obvious

New replacement P/N
Don't know why attachments failed. Will try again
The following 3 users liked this post by jayclapp:
LexRex (05-03-19), Peacebay (05-03-19), Thomasin (05-03-19)
Old 05-02-19, 07:45 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 410 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp

Notice difference in boarder

Same pattern

Original OEM has much wider boarder

New mat is flimsy. Easily lays on itself when bended

Original OEM mat has heavy rubber backing. Hard to bend

Original OEM backing cover entire mat and has more nubs to hold in place

Thiness of newer mat is realy obvious

New replacement P/N
Don't know why attachments failed. Will try again
Mercedes wouldn't pull a stunt like that.

What is Country of origin of replacements?

Wonder whether the original P.N. can be obtained overseas.

Last edited by YODAONE; 05-02-19 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-02-19, 08:22 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

The oem mats are better than mats with square patch under heels. They are thicker and I toss em in shower every spring to clean the salt off they continue to look new after 200 k. The crappy ones I got online for 19 bucks are in my Camry Ya get what ya pay they stained easy and don’t clean up well at all

i keep watching e bay for oem winter mats but they are no where to be found
Old 05-03-19, 08:12 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 274 Likes on 231 Posts

I still haven’t gotten this question answered. Does the original driver’s side mat come with a heel pad? Mine has the very thick boarder and looks identical to the original mat pics above but does have a heel pad. I’m very certain they are original and are quite heavy to pick up. Not at all flimsy but does have a heel pad on driver’s mat.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 05-03-19 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-03-19, 08:32 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by YODAONE
Mercedes wouldn't pull a stunt like that.

What is Country of origin of replacements?

Wonder whether the original P.N. can be obtained overseas.
Interesting. My originals look like the originals in the pics. I never noticed how the replacements I got for $15 looked, I actually assumed they were the same since they were sealed with Lexus part numbers. Gonna check and see if mine are same, I bet they are same as in pics.

It is obscured in the pic too, but looks like country of origin is USA. BMW was that and junk. Made by Weathertech for the winters. dang.
Old 05-03-19, 08:33 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I still haven’t gotten this question answered. Does the original driver’s side mat come with a heel pad? Mine has the very thick boarder and looks identical to the original mat pics above but does have a heel pad. I’m very certain they are original and are quite heavy to pick up. Not at all flimsy but does have a heel pad on driver’s mat.
It does come with one
Old 05-03-19, 09:49 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

This thread made me go out to the car to see what I had gotten for $15 back in 2016 (actually I had ordered 5 sets @ $15 but only 2 came, so they didn't charge me). To my surprise, my mats look like the originals, not like the ones in the thread that were cheapened.

I don't know why they say 03 04 05 on the back. And they do not show where made. They have the same border as original, and do have the heel pad.

As mentioned, the only ones that were $15 were the charcoal ones. My car came with ivory. But I wanted new ones as the old were dirty looking.

look how the P/N is PT-208, similar to the new p/n in this thread. Wonder if there was some switcharoo going on, who knows.

edit it's all different. Mine does not have the knubs going all the way through. my hunch is it's not driven by p/n but by when produced. I bet mine were NOS and existed maybe in 2003 who knows.

edit 2 looking online, none of the mats are coming back to look like the cheapened ones in the thread, wonder where those were purchased? They appear to have genuine Toyota Motor labels on the bag. But that can go sideways too. Like ordering a Callaway golf shirt on eBay. I did find one image online that looked like the cheapened one, and when I clicked it, it went to strange website and the country was "io" This looked like a fake/scam

others all have that thick looking border on the edges

https://www.google.com/search?q=pt+2...w=1440&bih=786

https://www.ebay.com/i/113300826341?chn=ps

Last edited by Johnhav430; 05-03-19 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-03-19, 10:52 AM
biosurfer1
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
I bought a new set from Bell Lexus and they are NOT the same quality as original OEM. I just needed the rears and I found the color to be off and the overall plushness was not equal to the existing OEMs I had up front. They are not bad by any means, just not the same quality though.
Very odd since Bell Lexus currently has a set of LS floor mats on eBay right now and from the pictures, they look to be original quality, not the new cheaper version. Of course that could just be a stock photo and not the actual mats.
Old 05-03-19, 10:55 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

I just got back from my local Lexus Dealership to see first hand for myself. The new (in the plastic set) looks identical to what I have in my car. The boarders have the same thickness and back side has the same nubs. If I can find any difference at all, it might be the weight of the new ones is slightly (but not significantly) lighter. Isn't it possible that over 17 years the mats pick up dirt and debris to add to the overall weight? The rubber backing might be slightly (but not significantly thinner). I am quite particular. The replacement mat looks as good as my current original mats. It does have the heel pad which is lighter in color. The parts guy who is my friend says all the pads come that way. The pictures above comparing them side by side does not seem accurate to being the correct mats. I showed those pictures to my parts man and he says those replacement mats do not belong to the LS430. He's with the company 12 years and believes they might belong to a different model. Regardless, I would have been ok with the replacement mats I viewed this morning if I didn't happen to clean my driver's mat back to my satisfaction. It's quite possible that the mats that came from the factory when our cars were made new in Japan were somewhat more robust, but after all these years, for myself, the replacement mats that were presented to me were fine.
Old 05-03-19, 12:06 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
Very odd since Bell Lexus currently has a set of LS floor mats on eBay right now and from the pictures, they look to be original quality, not the new cheaper version. Of course that could just be a stock photo and not the actual mats.
That's what makes me wonder, who is doing the switcharoo? Toyota? or further down the supply chain. Human nature does kick in at some point. Especially if they can get away with it. Say you pay for a synthetic oil change, and I use dino juice, and your car still goes to 456k. I overcharged you and you never knew, did it really matter? I think it does, but some do not.
Old 05-03-19, 12:08 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 410 Likes on 348 Posts

I just got back from my local Lexus Dealership to see first hand for myself. The new (in the plastic set) looks identical to what I have in my car. The boarders have the same thickness and back side has the same nubs. If I can find any difference at all, it might be the weight of the new ones is slightly (but not significantly) lighter. Isn't it possible that over 17 years the mats pick up dirt and debris to add to the overall weight? The rubber backing might be slightly (but not significantly thinner). I am quite particular. The replacement mat looks as good as my current original mats. It does have the heel pad which is lighter in color. The parts guy who is my friend says all the pads come that way. The pictures above comparing them side by side does not seem accurate to being the correct mats. I showed those pictures to my parts man and he says those replacement mats do not belong to the LS430. He's with the company 12 years and believes they might belong to a different model. Regardless, I would have been ok with the replacement mats I viewed this morning if I didn't happen to clean my driver's mat back to my satisfaction. It's quite possible that the mats that came from the factory when our cars were made new in Japan were somewhat more robust, but after all these years, for myself, the replacement mats that were presented to me were fine.
Can you post images including the P.N. tag and Country of origin.
Old 05-03-19, 12:13 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

What could be legit is yes it did get cheapened, but there are so many NOS mats in place that usually those are sold first, i.e. same as from 2001-2006. Just using my imagination. GM did the same thing when they cheapened the factory oil filters. Some folks changed their oil multiple times before discovering that they cheaped out. I had ordered 12 from rock auto and their pic online and p/n were of the old, yet what came were the new (end caps became cardboard or something and the opening changed). So eBay pics and online pics can be outdated and not reflect what is really being sold. Again online, the cheap ones seem to say USA but is obstructed. I wonder what's in my basement. It would not surprise me if this thing goes on all the time in the auto parts world. What the customer doesn't know, and can't find out, won't hurt them.
Old 05-03-19, 12:50 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Unfortunately I'm not savvy with getting pics to this site. Here's what I'm reading off the tag with the red Description: Toy Lex Ls430 4PC CHAR Part No: PT208-50010-11 Toyota Motor Sales, USA, INC MADE IN: USA

Personally, I would not purchase anything off of ebay anymore. Way to many counterfeits and bait and switchers. I'd rather go straight to the dealership even if I pay a few more. I've been buying from two dealerships for the last 10 years and have never been screwed.

Old 05-03-19, 01:10 PM
bradland

Received 674 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
As usual the rabbit hole gets deeper..
Bell Lexus has several for sale on eBay and at varying prices depending on color. Most pics display the heavier quality but the black show the cheaper version in the pic.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEXUS-OEM-FACTORY-CARPET-FLOOR-MAT-SET-2001-2006-LS430-BLACK/252498080409?fits=Model%3ALS430&epid=1930425450&hash=item3aca0ef299:g:zvwAAOSwux5YNNW2
So who knows what you will get from them when buying on eBay. My 430 had no mats when I bought it so that day I drove to Bell Lexus and bought a set. I got the cheaper version and until 2 days ago had no idea there might be a difference. My car runs just fine with the cheaper mats which I purchased directly from a Lexus parts counter. Considering the amount of rain and snow we get here in Az I'm not going to worry about it...
Old 05-03-19, 01:43 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Unfortunately I'm not savvy with getting pics to this site. Here's what I'm reading off the tag with the red Description: Toy Lex Ls430 4PC CHAR Part No: PT208-50010-11 Toyota Motor Sales, USA, INC MADE IN: USA

Personally, I would not purchase anything off of ebay anymore. Way to many counterfeits and bait and switchers. I'd rather go straight to the dealership even if I pay a few more. I've been buying from two dealerships for the last 10 years and have never been screwed.
One of my main reasons for not using amazon was price, and sales tax. But not the sales tax aspect is gone more often than not. With amazon at least there is recourse when you don't get what you should have....I had never even thought of inspecting my "$15" floor mats, and even until today I was pretty sure it was the same as what I took out...by chance it was...everybody here was ordering the $15 mats 2 years ago, there's a massive thread where people are asking is it legit...

I found a picture of my own post from way back and they say USA. Also I said they cost $14.95 but I remember the seller ended up charging $0 because the other 2 sets never turned up..so it looks like the p/n of the pics above are legit, but the mats are not what should have been in the bag, or so it seems. That's a good way, use legit bags, put knock offs inside, who would know? I wouldn't.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post10226096

Quick Reply: Factory oem floor mats