LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Looking for a reputable mechanic/shop to do a PPI in the Tampa, FL area

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19 | 02:18 PM
Riz1
Pit Crew

Default Looking for a reputable mechanic/shop to do a PPI in the Tampa, FL area

I found a potential LS430 in the Tampa, Florida area. I would like to get a pre-purchase inspection on the car but I'm not familiar with the area since Im an out of state buyer. I live in NY, hope to purchase the car and drive it back up with my wife. I found Lexus of Tampa Bay, but id rather be my last case scenario taking it to a dealer to get the car inspected. Hope that some of you guys in the area can steer me into a shop that will inspect the car thoroughly. Thanks all
Old 06-03-19 | 05:31 PM
BCT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Riz1
I found a potential LS430 in the Tampa, Florida area. I would like to get a pre-purchase inspection on the car but I'm not familiar with the area since Im an out of state buyer. I live in NY, hope to purchase the car and drive it back up with my wife. I found Lexus of Tampa Bay, but id rather be my last case scenario taking it to a dealer to get the car inspected. Hope that some of you guys in the area can steer me into a shop that will inspect the car thoroughly. Thanks all
There are companies who can do PPI - do a search online. I can not remember exactly the company name. but I used it several years ago when looking to buy my Land Cruiser. This company would send someone to test drive and took pictures of the car (inside, outside, any scratches, dings, under the car - Land Cruiser has high ground clearance so easier to take pics underneath). Nice thing is that the owner do not need to take the car anywhere for PPI. Reasonably priced, I think it was less than $200. I got plenty of pictures to decide that I would pass on that Land Cruiser.
Old 06-03-19 | 05:51 PM
Riz1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BCT
There are companies who can do PPI - do a search online. I can not remember exactly the company name. but I used it several years ago when looking to buy my Land Cruiser. This company would send someone to test drive and took pictures of the car (inside, outside, any scratches, dings, under the car - Land Cruiser has high ground clearance so easier to take pics underneath). Nice thing is that the owner do not need to take the car anywhere for PPI. Reasonably priced, I think it was less than $200. I got plenty of pictures to decide that I would pass on that Land Cruiser.
i found a company like that except that company is in NY lol. Im not familiar with the Tampa area so was just hoping someone here with experience would chime in on a reliable shop