LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Question with rear seat belt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-19, 06:44 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 195 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Question with rear seat belt?

As some have seen, I'm having an SRS error on my dash that was diagnosed as the LH rear seat belt causing the problem. I was told by the dealer that it is an open circuit from the seat belt. So, I'm looking at what it takes to replace the seat belt as well as surfing eBay to find a good used one. My question is, from what I can see from the pics on eBay, I don't see any kind of wiring or plug. Does anyone know if there is actually a plug on the rear seat belts? If so, where would it be? Is it in the re-tractor which I believe is installed at the top of back. If there isn't a plug, what would make the closed circuit?

Also, anyone know of a good thread about replacing the rear belts? I haven't really found anything from my searching.
Old 07-08-19, 11:39 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

rear seat belts are not hard to get to, your best bet would be to search for "subwoofer replacement" because those threads do have instructions on seat removal. there are vids on youtube under the same term
here are a couple of pics i snapped off mine when i replaced the sub, it's not that detailed as far as belts go. i don't see any wires at the bottom of the belts so they're probably at the deck level

if this was me i'd probably pull the seat first and double check all the wiring, maybe switch from left to right and see if it makes any difference? or just pull yours and get the part# off of it and then search for it on ebay?
the pics you saw that didn't have wires were probably from a base model that does not have the pre-crash belt tightening system? or maybe just the center rear belt? I'm not sure...

this is what it should be looking like:

Last edited by vredniykot; 07-08-19 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-08-19, 01:27 PM
caverman
Instructor

Thanks, that last picture you have there shows a plug and wire. Looks like they just clipped this one but others probably unplugged them and it's not as noticeable.

Your pictures help, I can see the plug in them and they do look to connect at the top.

Last edited by caverman; 07-08-19 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-14-19, 12:40 PM
caverman
Instructor

Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to fix it with a used rear seat belt I got from eBay. Here is a link to a thread I started to hopefully help someone else out if they ran into the same issue.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...taying-on.html