LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Help purchase LS430 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-19, 11:51 PM
vamose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help purchase LS430 2006

I am sold on LS430, with the reviews and comments from various users, you tube videos. Although its an old car, I am confident it will hold good.

My situation is, all the LS430 available in Dubai, UAE are north american/ German or Japanese specs. Most of the cars are wrecked cars and rebuilt. Very difficult to qualify if the car is rebuilt or original with minor paint work.

I need help from the forum users to identify an LS430 which is in a great condition and worth the price. The requirement is for an LS430, silver color. I will arrange for shipment and other formalities. In return I am willing to pay the forum member for his services.

Is my request acceptable? I do not intend to offend any one.
Old 08-31-19, 06:25 PM
bbtri
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You can look on ebay.com or the marketplace on this site. When you find one that you are interested in you can hire a professional auto inspector from someone like https://lemonsquad.com/. I have hired auto inspectors before when I was interested in a car I couldn't travel to see and the report was thorough. If you are buying a car from the United States or has been imported from there you should also do a VIN check to see if the car has been stolen, wrecked or used as a service vehicle. This article shows how to get a free VIN check: https://clark.com/cars/free-vin-report/
Carfax is a pay site for vehicle reports that provides more information than the free sites.
Old 09-01-19, 06:00 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by vamose
I am sold on LS430, with the reviews and comments from various users, you tube videos. Although its an old car, I am confident it will hold good.

My situation is, all the LS430 available in Dubai, UAE are north american/ German or Japanese specs. Most of the cars are wrecked cars and rebuilt. Very difficult to qualify if the car is rebuilt or original with minor paint work.

I need help from the forum users to identify an LS430 which is in a great condition and worth the price. The requirement is for an LS430, silver color. I will arrange for shipment and other formalities. In return I am willing to pay the forum member for his services.

Is my request acceptable? I do not intend to offend any one.
Suggest you find a small car dealer in a State like Florida - maybe in the Miami or Jacksonville Florida area to act as a car broker and exporter for you. A local car dealer that is located near a large port is likely to already have experience finding, buying, and exporting cars for foreign location buyers. Or car or send email to the used car manager of one of the Miami, Jacksonville, or maybe New Orleans, or Houston Lexus dealers to see if they would export a car for you.
Old 09-01-19, 09:16 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Or car or send email to the used car manager of one of the Miami, Jacksonville, or maybe New Orleans, or Houston Lexus dealers to see if they would export a car for you.
Lexus dealerships will gladly sell you the car however they will not assist in facilitating exporting. The buyer would have to arrange that on their terms.
Old 09-02-19, 06:15 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I live in dubai and the market here is full of frauds . When i wanted to buy my lexus it took me 3 months to search for a unicorn . I went to different cities hunting for a better Ls which was not rebuilt or flooded ... i would like to suggest you that you buy the car where you live from a reputed company because if the exterior looks good you cant actually tell until you drive it for few days ..

Here in dubai used market all the dealers first try to make a deal with you before they actually let you drive it and after you make a deal they will let you drive the car on a straight road nearby on which you cant judge anything . These cars are having problems which are quick fixed by the dealers and until you drive them for sometime the codes and problems will show up .. i am writting this with my 25 years of dubai experience

I had people giving me gurantee for chasis and gear and when i took it for inspection they failed wasted alot of money for computer checking

Once i decided to to buy a car looked good everything was perfect made half payment and when i came back to the car and was talking to the dealer suddenly the vsc abs lights switched on due to the break actuator problem in ls460
Old 09-03-19, 07:17 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I would try to buy from a private party then.
Old 09-03-19, 08:38 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by weldthedif
I would try to buy from a private party then.

That will be better for you to buy from your local dealers you might get some kind of warranty aswell heard alot about carmax

still if you need any help in dubai i am here for it
Old 09-03-19, 08:40 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Why dont you try looking for a direct seller who owns the car ..
Old 09-03-19, 03:57 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you buy from Europe? The cars were sold there there may not be that many but I have personally seen 2 LS430s on the streets of Madrid when I was there a few years ago.