LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 forum is now even better...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-19, 05:47 PM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts
Default LS430 forum is now even better...

...Because I just discovered the Ignore function.

A little selective pruning of the discussion tree makes the fruit of that tree much sweeter.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist
Old 10-03-19, 01:33 AM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 254 Likes on 166 Posts

...and just like that the word interweb disappeared yet again from the forum vernacular

Last edited by Peacebay; 10-03-19 at 01:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Peacebay:
bradland (10-03-19), LexRex (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 07:12 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

I guess i come on here to hear others opinions, some I agree with , some I don't - but I value them all.
The following users liked this post:
430SLOwner (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 07:51 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

Any forum that uses vBulletin like this, will have that feature, welcome to 10 years ago
Old 10-03-19, 08:29 AM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FunFact
And just like that, reports were made for posting a thread to harass people that can’t reply to you.
Perhaps you can explain who I harassed, because I mentioned nothing other than a tree and a forum feature, and both in positive terms.

Last edited by LexRex; 10-03-19 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-03-19, 08:38 AM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 254 Likes on 166 Posts

He’s referencing my comment which admittedly wasn’t the classiest
Old 10-03-19, 10:32 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

This is a community where we share a common ground. There will be varying opinions and with that we'd like to have the community get along.

This is posted in the IS forum though applies across Club Lexus. The moderator team appreciates your cooperation and also a thanks for making the community what it is by being respectful of other members views as well.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2nd Gen IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:

• Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
  • Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue
  • Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
  • Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (10-03-19)