LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

am/fm radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-19, 05:17 PM
DreamLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am/fm radio not working

hello everyone. I bought an 01 LS430 Ultra with ML and nav, but the am/fm radio does not work. the tape and CD player works fine. I tried replacing both tuner and head unit with used items from ebay, but no avail. nav also doesn't work, pressing NAV, DEST, MAP, INFO, doesn't do anything, but just a black screen. AC/climate screen works fine. fuses under the hood and both driver and passenger side footwells have been swapped and checked out fine. I've been searching for answers online, but can't find anything. hopefully someone may have the answers? thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-19, 05:17 PM
Catalina45
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

How about fuses in trunk (driver’s side, under smaller access panel that sits on floor; one push pin holds it in after you pull the large center access panel)?
Old 10-25-19, 04:33 AM
DreamLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catalina45
How about fuses in trunk (driver’s side, under smaller access panel that sits on floor; one push pin holds it in after you pull the large center access panel)?

Thanks for the tip, Catalina45...I did check those fuses as well and seem fine when I i probed it with the light tester...I'm stumped and don't know where else to check...

Does anyone know if the nav not working affects the radio? Again, tape and CD works and there is sound from both...just the am/fm radio...
Old 10-25-19, 11:31 AM
Catalina45
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I do know that when I disconnected my Levinson amp to send it off to be rebuilt, the navigation screen was blank. Have you disconnected and then reconnected the battery? I ask because when I reinstalled the amplifier it went through the navigation disc loading sequence. Someone suggested if my navigation did not load to eject the disc from the navigation and re-insert it. If this also fails send me a PM and I will provide you with the service facility that rebuilt my amplifier. They also rebuild the tuners. If nothing was wrong with the amplifier then he would return it to me for just the cost of shipping. Its unlikely that two tuners were defective but you might talk to them. Hopefully someone who has experienced this same condition will reply back. If the CD player works then it isn't an amplifier issue but could be a tuner or the navigation disk(s) or navigation unit itself.