LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Finished installing my Artisan Spririts vented fenders on the LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-20, 09:20 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Finished installing my Artisan Spririts vented fenders on the LS

Paint match came out pretty decent considering it's metallic and Lexus run 3 different variances. I also had my painter do charcoal metallic scallops around the vent pockets I love how that came out, it gives the pockets additional depth and style. I hand pressed new grills and powder coated them black. Also made some custom magnet mount points for the fender cap since it had some broken tab when it arrived from Japan. I shaved and modified the fender lips as well so there is more tire clearance. All in all I am really happy with them it was def. a piece I have been looking to add to my process inspired from Samson LS build in Hawaii. The longest part was my mock up phase took me damn near 40 hours to get the gaps and fitment where I wanted it. Now onto the braking upgrade.

The following 3 users liked this post by onthelo:
Boomin (02-26-20), RA40 (02-27-20), Tostada (02-24-20)
Old 02-24-20, 09:25 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Wow.. I gotta say, those make the car look good.
Old 02-26-20, 04:28 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 190 Likes on 168 Posts

You ****er I hate you so much jk jk I wanted to be the first to post there LS with the fenders hahaha. I am ordering mine in april 3-5 month wait but seeing yours on your car I am stoked to get mine. Are cars are also the same color so this is really making me want to get them even more, I also may be getting a discontinued vented carbon hood so keep your fingers crossed, not a fan of the layen frame thing but to each there own, amazing job with the fenders, yours fit much much better than that dude in Hawaii by the way his have a crazy gap by the middle of the hood.
Old 02-26-20, 07:03 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

I think the original fenders with the JDM marker light would have been a good look and gone well with the overall theme of your car. I do appreciate the rarity of them and the overall quality of the paint and the fitment.

What are your brake upgrade plans?
Old 02-27-20, 12:30 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

Those look great! I’ve been wanting those fenders for years but I’m not sure where to find them for the 04-06 LS430. Are those wider than the stock fenders?
Old 02-27-20, 06:57 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
You ****er I hate you so much jk jk I wanted to be the first to post there LS with the fenders hahaha. I am ordering mine in april 3-5 month wait but seeing yours on your car I am stoked to get mine. Are cars are also the same color so this is really making me want to get them even more, I also may be getting a discontinued vented carbon hood so keep your fingers crossed, not a fan of the layen frame thing but to each there own, amazing job with the fenders, yours fit much much better than that dude in Hawaii by the way his have a crazy gap by the middle of the hood.
Thank you for your comments I did take a fair amount of time to hand fit these before paint, my mock up phase was challenging. I believe Samson did a very nice job on his as well, as he is where my inspiration came from. I wanted to build one here stateside. Thank you again and looking forward to seeing yours when they come in!
Old 02-27-20, 07:01 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Romanova
I think the original fenders with the JDM marker light would have been a good look and gone well with the overall theme of your car. I do appreciate the rarity of them and the overall quality of the paint and the fitment.

What are your brake upgrade plans?
Thank you and yes the side marker is not for me I prefer the smooth look and for me its too busy on a vented fender but always appreciate your input and comments! Well on my other LS430 I have Futura BBK and love the stopping power but for this one I am just powder coating the OEM calipers which I already have blown apart and at powder as well R1 concepts are sending me slotted geomet rotors and new pads. It will be nice to have a clean OEM brake upgrade on this one. I might down the road remove the Futura from my other LS and install it on this one.
Old 02-27-20, 07:03 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kira X
Those look great! I’ve been wanting those fenders for years but I’m not sure where to find them for the 04-06 LS430. Are those wider than the stock fenders?
Thank you, I got this set from the Japans auction luckily they were in good shape once they arrived as they are extremely light weight! No these are OEM width. Overall fitment is excellent for not being OEM. Thanks again always appreciate your input as well!
Old 02-27-20, 07:06 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
Wow.. I gotta say, those make the car look good.
Thank you! Def. adds some more aggressive styling to an otherwise subtle OEM overall look
Old 02-27-20, 09:44 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

panel gaps look good too. It's hard to match silver, right!?
Old 02-27-20, 09:55 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by weldthedif
panel gaps look good too. It's hard to match silver, right!?
Thank you ! Yes not too bad for not being OEM it did take some work though to fit them. This color is really hard to match it is not a perfect match because of the angles of the fender compared to OEM and the way the light hits the panels but I am happy with it and I can put the OEM fenders back on if I decide to sell it later or put these on my other LS.
Old 02-27-20, 11:04 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Looks great Nice job on the fitment, the lines look good. How close-far off would you say they were out of the box?
Old 02-27-20, 11:42 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RA40
Looks great Nice job on the fitment, the lines look good. How close-far off would you say they were out of the box?
I purchased them used from Japan. The aren't technically off mounting them up just need to modify all the mounting locations to be able to set the fender in a good spot so I could measure and gauge all the gaps to be as equal as possible. The OEM hardware wouldn't fit into any of the existing holes so you need to modify all that not a big deal, they are fiberglass so trimming or shaving is fairly easy with the right tools. Also needed to make the grill inserts, powder coat and attach those. I fabricated some magnet mounting tabs on the fender cap to be able to secure it, because they came with some broken tabs. They are extremely light weight and fragile so extra care needs to be taken when working with them they literally weigh only a few pound maybe not even honestly. For aftermarket mold it fits pretty nice, not as good as OEM but really nice but again for the cost it should fit well IMO. All said and done with paint happy to have them just another part of the build puzzle I had been waiting for to arrive and get together. Thank you for your comment!