LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Apple CarPlay with Factory Navigation - Grom VLine2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-24, 12:50 AM
jhubb01
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just saw this. Any chnce for future discounts?
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (01-29-24)
Old 01-29-24, 12:38 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by daddykay24
I don't know how I missed this. Can you tell me when the next group by is????
The next group order will be in March. If you would like to join the group order, PM us your email address. We will add you to the group.
Old 01-29-24, 12:40 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by jhubb01
Just saw this. Any chnce for future discounts?
We will have the group buy in March. If you want to join the group order, you can PM us your email address and we will add you to the group. There is no obligation to order when we add your name to the group order list. If you need the product sooner, we have a January special right now for $50 off VLine VL2 system or $30 off VLite VT2. Code: GROMJAN24 , redeemable on our website https://gromaudio.com/
Old 01-29-24, 12:41 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by stnatee
are you still able to use the cd player? or does it stop working once you use this?
Built-in CD player will keep working, external CD changer will be disconnected. You press CD once to access the built-in CD player, and twice to access VLine/CarPlay/AA mode of your stereo.
creimer2025 (07-05-24)
Old 01-30-24, 07:54 AM
slightreturn
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

My 430 does not have Nav, so it's a moot issue, but I'm wondering: what is the benefit of having Carplay over simply using your phone? I really don't get it. The phone's screen has much much sharper resolution than those old Nav screens do. Just add a Bluetooth dongle behind the radio and your navigation audio from the phone will come through the stereo speakers. If you have one of the bigger iPhones the screen size should be perfectly adequate. What does Carplay display that the phone doesn't?
Old 01-30-24, 09:41 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

It is a truly personal decision that concerns safety, convenience, and also local regulations. You can watch our demo videos on our YouTube channel.
Even older Lexus stereos have adequate resolution and size to display the maps nicely on the big screen. With the wireless CarPlay there is no need to think of the connection, securing the phone on the dashboard somehow, or holding it in your hand to be able to see the map.
Old 01-30-24, 10:01 AM
slightreturn
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know, I have one of your Grom bluetooth dongles (I can't remember the model #, BT3 or something) and it works exactly perfectly. Boot-up time is literally about two seconds. The phone is an iphone 15 pro max and the screen is big enough to see the maps easily, and they are very hi-res. The mount I use -- I think the company is ProClip or something like that -- is a pretty bombproof magnetic/wireless-charging thing ... just stick the phone on and go. It just seems to me like using that abysmally coarse Nav screen would be a huge step backward. I don't know how local regulations factor into it ... the driver is allowed to look at his phone as long as he's not holding it, everywhere.

Originally Posted by gromaudio
It is a truly personal decision that concerns safety, convenience, and also local regulations. You can watch our demo videos on our YouTube channel.
Even older Lexus stereos have adequate resolution and size to display the maps nicely on the big screen. With the wireless CarPlay there is no need to think of the connection, securing the phone on the dashboard somehow, or holding it in your hand to be able to see the map.
gromaudio (01-30-24)
Old 02-23-24, 06:44 PM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 111 Posts

Here's my 01-03 Grom Vline VL2 review!

gromaudio (03-07-24)
Old 03-07-24, 10:54 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by LILEVO
Here's my 01-03 Grom Vline VL2 review!

https://youtu.be/KKMOU0J79ms
Thank you so much for the review!
Old 03-07-24, 11:02 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

We have the next group order starting March 12th, and will run it until March 20th. Here are more details:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...l#post11682823
If you want to join the group order, send us a private message via this forum and let us know your email address. We will add you to the group. You can also request to join the group by contacting us via web contact page https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Old 06-04-24, 11:12 PM
saeedo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you send me the link to the video can’t seem to find it

Originally Posted by 2jzism
There is a youtube video of a shop over in the UAE that shows the complete install, and they also show how they were able to tap into the OEM backup camera and retain it.
Hi im trying to do this to my car and if u could possibly find me the link of the video in uae, I could try and source the garage and get it done, thanks.
Old 06-05-24, 06:49 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Apple car play

that is the best thing ive ever seen in the LS im in chicago south suburbs if you could do mine like that i will pay you , or anyone that is local i will pay to have that installed ?
Old 06-05-24, 08:52 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by johnnylt
that is the best thing ive ever seen in the LS im in chicago south suburbs if you could do mine like that i will pay you , or anyone that is local i will pay to have that installed ?
What is your Lexus model and year/ We might have a video for the installation into your specific vehicle.
Old 06-06-24, 06:35 AM
rtam
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@gromaudio is there going to be another group buy anytime soon?
Old 06-06-24, 09:12 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by rtam
@gromaudio is there going to be another group buy anytime soon?
We will have the next group order in July. If you would like to join it, PM us your name and email address. We will add you to the group order list and send you the email with the group discount code once the group ordering period starts. You can also send us the request to join the group order via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay with Factory Navigation - Grom VLine2