LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Need help, 2 parts 2001 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-20 | 02:51 PM
DCarter197
Driver School Candidate

Default Need help, 2 parts 2001 LS430

1. None of my interior door lights come on accept for my back left light. For my driver and passenger door the bottom door lights come on but the top interior door lights never come on unless I push the button to turn them on. As far as I know the bulbs are not dead.

2. The beeping sound when locking and unlocking my car is super quiet often times i dont hear it if something is going on outside. Is there a way to make the sound louder or is something "dying/fading" that I need to replace soon
Old 08-05-20 | 05:43 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DCarter197
1. None of my interior door lights come on accept for my back left light. For my driver and passenger door the bottom door lights come on but the top interior door lights never come on unless I push the button to turn them on. As far as I know the bulbs are not dead.

2. The beeping sound when locking and unlocking my car is super quiet often times i dont hear it if something is going on outside. Is there a way to make the sound louder or is something "dying/fading" that I need to replace soon
There is an adjuster **** for the tone, the lights you turn on via the buttons is not the same one as via opening the door
The following users liked this post:
DCarter197 (08-07-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 06:11 PM
430SLOwner
Instructor

Originally Posted by DCarter197

Hope this may be of some help....
Turning on interior lights
Interior lights list
  1. Ignition switch light
  2. Interior light and front personal lights (P.199, P.200)
  3. Vanity lights (P.217)
  4. Outer foot lights
  5. Inside door handle lights
  6. Rear personal lights (P.200)
  7. Foot lights
Illuminated entry system
The following lights turn on when the vehicle is unlocked or a door is opened.
•Ignition switch light
•Foot lights
•Interior lights (when the switch is in the DOOR position)
•Outer foot lights
•Inside door handle lights
After all the doors have been unlocked or opened, the lights remain on for approximately fifteen seconds and then go out.
(The lights turn off immediately if the vehicle is locked, or the ignition switch is turned to ACC or ON.)

Interior lights
  1. On
  2. Off
  3. The light comes on if a door is opened.
After all the doors have been closed, the light remains on for approximately fifteen seconds and then goes out.
■Illuminated entry system
The interior light turns on and off in conjunction with operation of the door locks. (P.198)

Adjusting the volume of the operation and door lock buzzer
Turn the **** on the underside of the instrument cluster to adjust the volume of the operation and door lock buzzer.

Increase: Turn the **** counter- clockwise.
Decrease: Turn the **** clockwise.*
*The buzzer sounds is completely deactivated when you turn the **** clockwise until you hear a click.

You may download a pdf of your owners manual for free at https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
The following users liked this post:
DCarter197 (08-07-20)
Old 08-07-20 | 04:16 PM
DCarter197
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 430SLOwner
Hope this may be of some help....
Turning on interior lights
Interior lights list
  1. Ignition switch light
  2. Interior light and front personal lights (P.199, P.200)
  3. Vanity lights (P.217)
  4. Outer foot lights
  5. Inside door handle lights
  6. Rear personal lights (P.200)
  7. Foot lights
Illuminated entry system
The following lights turn on when the vehicle is unlocked or a door is opened.
•Ignition switch light
•Foot lights
•Interior lights (when the switch is in the DOOR position)
•Outer foot lights
•Inside door handle lights
After all the doors have been unlocked or opened, the lights remain on for approximately fifteen seconds and then go out.
(The lights turn off immediately if the vehicle is locked, or the ignition switch is turned to ACC or ON.)

Interior lights
  1. On
  2. Off
  3. The light comes on if a door is opened.
After all the doors have been closed, the light remains on for approximately fifteen seconds and then goes out.
■Illuminated entry system
The interior light turns on and off in conjunction with operation of the door locks. (P.198)

Adjusting the volume of the operation and door lock buzzer
Turn the **** on the underside of the instrument cluster to adjust the volume of the operation and door lock buzzer.

Increase: Turn the **** counter- clockwise.
Decrease: Turn the **** clockwise.*
*The buzzer sounds is completely deactivated when you turn the **** clockwise until you hear a click.

You may download a pdf of your owners manual for free at https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
Thanks this helped a lot. I had to play with the switch a little to get the lights to work. I switched it to door and it didn't work at first but after switching it to on,off,door a few times then it finally worked