Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump. Anymore updates?.
The following users liked this post:
NavyTrev (12-19-20)
Old 12-19-20, 07:47 AM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

My ECU has been working perfectly the short time I've used it, but no dyno yet.

One of my knock sensors went bad (not sure why, unrelated to this). Have to replace both knock sensors, wiring harness, and starter. OEM parts were not cheap. On top of that, I have a major transmission leak that needs to be fixed. Hopefully this is the last major repair that's needed. I wonder what else could go wrong with this car..
The following 2 users liked this post by marsmango:
cazzola (02-09-21), NavyTrev (12-19-20)
Old 03-16-21, 06:59 PM
stopdrpnro
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep this thread going. would love to see a dyno
Old 03-25-21, 09:38 AM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an 06 gs430 so same drive train and im wondering if there will be as much improvement with the later model 3uz equipped models. coming from an 02 gs430 with the a650 to an 06 with the a761 there is a dramatic difference in my perception of throttle response and shift changes. I want to pull the trigger and do a dyno day where I swap the ecus out back to back but at almost 600 dollars for the spare ecu to try it its kinda a hard sell when I can get a mapecu3 for almost that and have more capability. my other question is if them "disabling the rear o2 sensors" allows the car to complete readiness checks or not. if they program around that fantastic but I know other similar mods like that can eliminate the codes but still leave a car in a situation where it wont pass an emissions check because the computer will never complete readiness checks. does anyone know about this?
Old 03-25-21, 02:47 PM
CSA
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lextech89
I have an 06 gs430 so same drive train and im wondering if there will be as much improvement with the later model 3uz equipped models. coming from an 02 gs430 with the a650 to an 06 with the a761 there is a dramatic difference in my perception of throttle response and shift changes. I want to pull the trigger and do a dyno day where I swap the ecus out back to back but at almost 600 dollars for the spare ecu to try it its kinda a hard sell when I can get a mapecu3 for almost that and have more capability. my other question is if them "disabling the rear o2 sensors" allows the car to complete readiness checks or not. if they program around that fantastic but I know other similar mods like that can eliminate the codes but still leave a car in a situation where it wont pass an emissions check because the computer will never complete readiness checks. does anyone know about this?
Good point. Emissions testing is an issue for many of us.
Old 03-25-21, 05:52 PM
02Legend
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I have not put mine it yet. Most likely when the weather is a little warmer and I slow down from travel over the next month and a half I'll get it in.
Old 03-25-21, 09:09 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 410 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by lextech89
Why deactivate the rear oxygen sensor at all?

See:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...en-sensor.html

Verify downstream sensors function.

On LS400, they do not influence air fuel.mixture, but report when the catalytic converters are not fully functioning...

Old 08-05-21, 07:01 AM
Ianator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same issue

Originally Posted by marsmango
Update: Received a replacement ECU from quantum-auto. This fixed all the issues I was having. Everything works well with no DTCs or check engine light, and shifting into second gear works as expected. Good customer support from quantum-auto. Driving with the replacement ECU does seem much smoother than before, even in ECT PWR, overall happy with this ECU. Planning to get this on the dyno soon

Hi, i ordered ecu tune from quantum auto aswell and i had the same issue where it would shift into second gear, did you email them about the issue and had it replaced by them with no troubles? I need them to give me a replacement too.

Old 08-05-21, 05:14 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ianator
Hi, i ordered ecu tune from quantum auto aswell and i had the same issue where it would shift into second gear, did you email them about the issue and had it replaced by them with no troubles? I need them to give me a replacement too.
Yes, just email them and they will help you out. It might take some time for them to find a good ecu, but they will replace it no problem
4U2QUIK (09-29-21)
Old 09-27-21, 03:45 PM
bosshoss07
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quantum Auto Re-Map

Hi,

I read a-lot of recommendations for remapping my ecu with quantum auto. I got it in the mail today and installed it. Before I had no problems with my car but after running for a few minutes I got a cel and VSC light on accompanied with rough idling and what it seems like misfiring. I swapped the old ECU back in and the same issues are prevalent. I parked her and disconnected the battery while I am at class. Any idea what could be the issue? I will take it to auto zone tomorrow get the CEL fully diagnosed.

2002 LS430, no CEL or anything, with 225k
Old 09-27-21, 03:50 PM
PNWLS430
Driver School Candidate

I also had a big issue with quantum auto tune. Plugged in and started and immediate misfires and no throttle response at all. Tried to diagnose but obd wouldn't connect. Called Brandon and he said hes never had issue before. So sent ecu back and put my oem in and no issues. I decided not to continue with quantum auto
Roki187 (07-14-22)
Old 09-27-21, 07:18 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,204 Likes on 893 Posts

Originally Posted by bosshoss07
Hi,

I read a-lot of recommendations for remapping my ecu with quantum auto. I got it in the mail today and installed it. Before I had no problems with my car but after running for a few minutes I got a cel and VSC light on accompanied with rough idling and what it seems like misfiring. I swapped the old ECU back in and the same issues are prevalent. I parked her and disconnected the battery while I am at class. Any idea what could be the issue? I will take it to auto zone tomorrow get the CEL fully diagnosed.

2002 LS430, no CEL or anything, with 225k
Originally Posted by PNWLS430
I also had a big issue with quantum auto tune. Plugged in and started and immediate misfires and no throttle response at all. Tried to diagnose but obd wouldn't connect. Called Brandon and he said hes never had issue before. So sent ecu back and put my oem in and no issues. I decided not to continue with quantum auto
Did you guys allow the car to relearn in diagnostic mode or not? If not you may have been running into immobilizer related problems.

Or you had VVT systems near failure and the tune requests more aggressive actuation and angles that may not have been possible with worn parts. The described issues sound exactly like a VVT failure
The following 2 users liked this post by Striker223:
4U2QUIK (09-29-21), QuantumInc (04-10-22)
Old 09-28-21, 02:01 PM
PNWLS430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Striker223
Did you guys allow the car to relearn in diagnostic mode or not? If not you may have been running into immobilizer related problems.

Or you had VVT systems near failure and the tune requests more aggressive actuation and angles that may not have been possible with worn parts. The described issues sound exactly like a VVT failure
Weird, my car wouldnt pull the vtc codes and immobilizer was deleted so my car started fine. According to Brandon if it was immobilizer related the car wouldnt start. As far as vtc issue my car is a one owner with 69k. So I doubt thats it.
Roki187 (07-14-22)
Old 09-28-21, 05:54 PM
PNWLS430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marsmango
I received my new ECU yesterday and installed it this morning. Note that key reprogramming is required, and you need the master key (not valet) to do this. Below are some instructions I found from another thread (source)

Instead of the SST, you can simply use a paperclip or wire to connect the two pins. Overall, it's fairly straightforward and you should see all the lights flashing. Another note about installation, be careful removing the 4 screws holding the original ECU, it's very easy to strip the heads on these.

I'm fairly impressed driving with the new ECU. I mostly drive in ECT PWR, and that's when you can notice the most difference. The throttle response is almost instantaneous, it reminds me of Sport mode in newer Lexus vehicles. Gears are definitely held for longer. I opted to have my rev limit increased to 7500, but did not test this out yet. Something odd I noticed was when driving in manual mode, it does not downshift into second gear (nothing happens). I'm not sure if that is normal. After I installed the new ECU, the CEL turned on and I had a DTC for P1765. I had no DTCs prior to installing the new ECU, but maybe this is a coincidence. Everything seems to shift fine except for second gear. I will likely try my original ECU and see if I have the same DTC.

Turnaround time and communication for quantum-auto was fairly good as well. I ordered a new ECU instead of sending mine in, and it took 9 days from order placed to delivered. If I can get that DTC resolved, I can probably take this to the dyno and test it.
I just recieved my second replacement ecu and this one has the p1765 and no second gear and hard shift low speed. Hows your replacement holding up now? What was the fix?
Old 09-28-21, 10:04 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PNWLS430
I just recieved my second replacement ecu and this one has the p1765 and no second gear and hard shift low speed. Hows your replacement holding up now? What was the fix?
My replacement is still working fine, no DTCs, The fix was getting the replacement ECU. I guess you might have received two bad ECUs in a row.

I would test it with the factory ECU and verify that there are no DTCs and everything works well. If everything works, you should contact quantum and tell them you likely received a bad ECU, because your factory one worked with no issues.

Quick Reply: LS430 ECU Tuning