LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2004 ls430 w/mark levinson and nav with yatour....12 pin or 20 pin

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 10:15 AM
lexdemting
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 ls430 w/mark levinson and nav with yatour....12 pin or 20 pin

hey guys im thinking of getting the yatour adapter. just want to confirm that my 2004 ls430 with mark levinson with nav has a 12 pin connection on the back for yatour's y-cable??

any thoughts on the yatour unit? anyone with a 2004- using one? aliexpress is showing fitment for 2001-2006 but if im not mistaken there is a difference for 2001-2003 and 2004-2006 ml with nav.

Thanks for any info
Old 01-22-21, 01:32 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by lexdemting
hey guys im thinking of getting the yatour adapter. just want to confirm that my 2004 ls430 with mark levinson with nav has a 12 pin connection on the back for yatour's y-cable??

any thoughts on the yatour unit? anyone with a 2004- using one? aliexpress is showing fitment for 2001-2006 but if im not mistaken there is a difference for 2001-2003 and 2004-2006 ml with nav.

Thanks for any info
Yes it does, I had the Yatour in 430 before it got totalled and currently have it in my 460. Other than it freezing up 2-3 times when I first got it I have had NO issues with it for the last couple of years. It's the least expensive option and does what you need it to do. Sure it does not display songs and album art but I personally don't need any of that. Would it be nice to have? Of course, but it was not a deal breaker for me. You CAN'T beat that for $70.
The following users liked this post:
joseriverasg (08-31-24)
Old 01-22-21, 06:26 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

hey thanks for the reply. just to confirm what year is your ls430?? does it have mark levinson with nav?? and do you remember how many pins were on the connector?
Old 01-22-21, 07:10 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

Originally Posted by sha4000
Yes it does, I had the Yatour in 430 before it got totalled and currently have it in my 460. Other than it freezing up 2-3 times when I first got it I have had NO issues with it for the last couple of years. It's the least expensive option and does what you need it to do. Sure it does not display songs and album art but I personally don't need any of that. Would it be nice to have? Of course, but it was not a deal breaker for me. You CAN'T beat that for $70.
hey can you also confirm if you were still able to control volume and skipping tracks with steering wheel control?
Old 01-23-21, 06:11 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

I had a 2005 with ML and yes the steering wheel controls worked.
joseriverasg (08-31-24)
Old 01-23-21, 07:47 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

I had a 2005 with ML and yes the steering wheel controls worked.
hey thanks for the reply. And thanks for answering my many questions. Can you please confirm it was a 12pin connector? Ie 2 rows of 6pins? And confirm your vehicle has factory navigation? And after this unit was installed were you still able to use the cd changer below the tape deck? If so did it require the y-cable that had a switch to select mp3 or cd changer? Or was it rendered useless?
Old 01-24-21, 08:38 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Yes to ALL your questions. The CD functioned normally with the Yatour in place.
Old 01-24-21, 07:45 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

Yes to ALL your questions. The CD functioned normally with the Yatour in place.

Did you use item with switch like this? In conjunction with any other cable or alone

Or did you use this cable alone?
Old 01-25-21, 08:17 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

I have both cables but you only need one. Plug the metal one into the Yatour, take the 6 pin plug out of the back of the radio and plug it into the female end of the Y cable, then plug the male end of the Y cable into the back of the radio and your done. Make sure to test the radio before you put the head unit back into the dash.
Old 01-25-21, 02:24 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

I have both cables but you only need one. Plug the metal one into the Yatour, take the 6 pin plug out of the back of the radio and plug it into the female end of the Y cable, then plug the male end of the Y cable into the back of the radio and your done. Make sure to test the radio before you put the head unit back into the dash.
Thank for the replay, so just to confirm you used the black y-harness with the metal connector and the switch. did you ever try it with the regular cable?? im just wondering why they supply the y-cable 6+6. would it still work with the cable without the switch??

Thanks
Old 01-25-21, 04:54 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Thank for the replay, so just to confirm you used the black y-harness with the metal connector and the switch. did you ever try it with the regular cable?? im just wondering why they supply the y-cable 6+6. would it still work with the cable without the switch??

Thanks
No, I used the regular one in my 430. I was having some problems with the unit in my 460 after I changed my heater core so I bought the on with the switch while trying to diagnose the problem. It's funny because the 6+6 was working for over a year. After I put my dash back in the car I specifically remember trying to attach the cable to the Yatour and hearing a slight pop. After that the 6+6 would not work anymore. I spent weeks trying to figure it out and could only conclude that I shorted whatever pin in the head unit that switches the different modes for the CD changer. I ended up having to buy the 20 pin connector to get things working again.
Old 01-26-21, 07:21 AM
lexdemting
Rookie

No, I used the regular one in my 430. I was having some problems with the unit in my 460 after I changed my heater core so I bought the on with the switch while trying to diagnose the problem. It's funny because the 6+6 was working for over a year. After I put my dash back in the car I specifically remember trying to attach the cable to the Yatour and hearing a slight pop. After that the 6+6 would not work anymore. I spent weeks trying to figure it out and could only conclude that I shorted whatever pin in the head unit that switches the different modes for the CD changer. I ended up having to buy the 20 pin connector to get things working again.
Thanks for replaying sha, so if you DID NOT use the cable with the mp3 to cdc switch how were you able to switch between yatour bluetooth functions and oem cd changer?? from examining the 6+6 y-cable, would the audio of the oem cd changer and yatour mix?? or were you able to press cd button on the mark levinson twice to be able to switch between them?

also the 20pin connector you speak of was for ur ls460 not the 430 right? because from pics on the net, i see that the 2004-2006 mark levinson radio has both a 6+6 connector and a 20 pin connector? just wanna make sure i get the right thing as im ordering from overseas.

so from my understanding all i need is the 6+6 y-cable WITHOUT SWITCH to interface with the car and the yatour and im still able to switch between yatour and oem cd changer below the mark levisnon radio?
Old 01-26-21, 11:50 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for replaying sha, so if you DID NOT use the cable with the mp3 to cdc switch how were you able to switch between yatour bluetooth functions and oem cd changer?? from examining the 6+6 y-cable, would the audio of the oem cd changer and yatour mix?? or were you able to press cd button on the mark levinson twice to be able to switch between them?

also the 20pin connector you speak of was for ur ls460 not the 430 right? because from pics on the net, i see that the 2004-2006 mark levinson radio has both a 6+6 connector and a 20 pin connector? just wanna make sure i get the right thing as im ordering from overseas.

so from my understanding all i need is the 6+6 y-cable WITHOUT SWITCH to interface with the car and the yatour and im still able to switch between yatour and oem cd changer below the mark levisnon radio?
Pressing the CD button switched btw Cd, Yatour, Aux and hard drive music. It's seamless so don't worry. I never used the cable with the switch so I can't really comment but it seems to work since lots of ppl use it. I took a chance and bought that 20 pin connector because I read ppl some vehicles use the 20 pin to accomplish the same thing as the 6+6 pin. I did not know if it would work on my 460 but since the 6+6 was no longer working I had no choice. It worked out in the end though.

Just buy the Yatour and whichever 6+6 connector you want and you should be god to go. It worked so good in my 05 430 that when it got totaled I went to the wreck yard and removed the radio to take it out.
Old 02-01-21, 08:33 AM
lexdemting
Rookie

Pressing the CD button switched btw Cd, Yatour, Aux and hard drive music. It's seamless so don't worry. I never used the cable with the switch so I can't really comment but it seems to work since lots of ppl use it. I took a chance and bought that 20 pin connector because I read ppl some vehicles use the 20 pin to accomplish the same thing as the 6+6 pin. I did not know if it would work on my 460 but since the 6+6 was no longer working I had no choice. It worked out in the end though.

Just buy the Yatour and whichever 6+6 connector you want and you should be god to go. It worked so good in my 05 430 that when it got totaled I went to the wreck yard and removed the radio to take it out.
Thanks for all your help and advice
sha4000 (02-02-21)
Old 11-24-22, 02:27 PM
lexdemting
Rookie

hey sha400, yea I know it’s been a long time since this thread and I’d imagine you would think I already have this thing installed haha. But that’s life. I was reading this thread again and I know you said the steering wheel controls worked for volume and skipping tracks but was your yatour unit a Bluetooth adapter or only for media adapter? I ask because I wanna hook my iPhone up via Bluetooth and then stream Spotify and skip tracks with steering wheel controls.

Also I know you said you were able to cycle thru Oem cd changer and yatour via pressing the cd button on the bottom row but did the other buttons work?? Saw a bad review on AliExpress about not being able to use the bottom row of buttons, but I guess he used the 20 pin connector. I remember you said you initially used the 6+6 connector and later switched to 20pin connector. Regardless of which which connector you used, did the bottom row of buttons for you always remain operational? Is the AliExpress review true?? The am gm still worked for you?

Thanks again for your help

Quick Reply: 2004 ls430 w/mark levinson and nav with yatour....12 pin or 20 pin