LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

No clue what I'm getting into.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-21, 01:12 AM
AmuroRay49
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No clue what I'm getting into.

So I've never had a car I've cared to mod or a job that could supply me with the funds to do so, but here I am at my current job with my ls430. I'm looking for links/pages/ideas as for a nice body kit that should bolt onto where the stock bumpers skirts etc would go. Something to make it look a little lower but nothing abrasive. I know its not an aggresive sports car. I'm also interested in finding a hood scoop or vent that would look nice, maybe along the lines of hellcat charger scoops maybe where unsteady of edgy aggressive scoop it's more low swoopy scoop?
Old 04-07-21, 04:17 AM
430SLOwner
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by AmuroRay49
So I've never had a car I've cared to mod or a job that could supply me with the funds to do so, but here I am at my current job with my ls430. I'm looking for links/pages/ideas as for a nice body kit that should bolt onto where the stock bumpers skirts etc would go. Something to make it look a little lower but nothing abrasive. I know its not an aggresive sports car. I'm also interested in finding a hood scoop or vent that would look nice, maybe along the lines of hellcat charger scoops maybe where unsteady of edgy aggressive scoop it's more low swoopy scoop?
Originally Posted by CA2WALS430
I am seeing a lot of repeat issues on here. If you go to Google Chrome, type in "LS430 xxxxxx(a brief couple of words of your problem)" you will likely find a discussion or 4 on the topic. FYI.
(Many ideas and knowledgeable people here.)
Perhaps look here ... (just a few of the many threads one may find with a search):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ds-scoops.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...xus-ls430.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-263/

Congratulations, AmuroRay49, on your LS430 and your ability to build!

Last edited by 430SLOwner; 04-07-21 at 04:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FYM! (09-10-21)
Old 04-07-21, 08:50 AM
CSA
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

My completely unsolicited advice: I don't recommend trying to turn an LS430 into something it's not. It's built for comfort, not speed, and form follows function with this car. It's a beautiful car completely stock. When festooned with aftermarket wheels, body mods, fart can mufflers, hood scoops, etc., it starts to look trashy real fast.
The following 2 users liked this post by CSA:
drbdjones (04-14-21), TriC (04-07-21)
Old 04-07-21, 09:37 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Go for it man! It's a good feeling to finally be able to spend some money on yourself.
We don't all have the same haircut or wear the same clothes, and we don't need to all drive the same car. I look forward to seeing your executed plans for the new ride!
Old 04-08-21, 07:41 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AmuroRay49
Hello AmuroRay49 - Welcome to the Club!

In regards to modifying your LS here are my thoughts :
  • Bodykit - Plenty of options out there (Look up: Shine auto project) but like any other bodykit, you will need to do some prep work, trimming - UNLESS you pay big money for a genuine JDM kit: :http://www.aimgain.net/english/bodyk..._mc_ls430.html. You could also try the JDM OEM lip kit from toyota which was only produced in Japan and fitted on the Toyota Celsior. They are kind of hard to obtain and can be pricey on Yahoo Auctions. IMO they are the best kits for the LS430, subtle yet effective
  • Hoodscoop - I've never seen a hood scoop on the LS430/Celsior, so you'll have to photoshop some ideas! I'm sure a decent bodyshop could chop up your very expensive hood! May I suggest you buy one from a junkyard and cut that one up before you decide to cut your one!?
Yes the LS430 isnt a "Sports" car however, I do think everyone is free to do whatever they want with their cars!I As long as you like your "modifications" dont worry about other people's opinions

Best of luck!

Yann.
The following users liked this post:
FYM! (09-10-21)
Old 04-14-21, 12:10 PM
MrFord
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods can be wonderful

"Turn an LS430 into something it's not." I have owned a stock LS 430 for years and never modified it. Now I have a new (old) one and I have modified it. I put 20 inch wheels, sport tires, BC coilovers (lowered the car a few inches), replaced the bushings and I will do more.
Although, I do agree it is less comfortable i.e. the coil overs and sport tires cause the car to be more rigid, the car is absolutely a fast "sport" ride. I can take an on ramp to the freeway at 60 plus mph and the tires don't make a sound. The car is much more attractive and I think Mods are great. My LS is much more fun and much more attractive.