LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ls430 radiator split at top,

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-22, 05:38 PM
casper11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get pcv from dealer, that was a question i had. I thought fram was the best?
Old 01-07-22, 05:40 PM
casper11
Driver School Candidate

If it was not a known problem, why does a dealer in used lexus know about the problem?
Old 01-07-22, 05:43 PM
casper11
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure? But i will try it and let you know. I do know the motor is very fast,
Old 01-07-22, 05:53 PM
casper11
Driver School Candidate

I will get it up to specs, you are totally right, these motors need factory parts only. Sorry for my short sightedness
Old 01-07-22, 07:23 PM
TominPT
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 182 Posts

It seems like you might have pressure relief valve problem in that crap brand F filter. I would think it highly unlikely the engine oil pressure relief valve is faulty unless the car has suffered from severe neglect in the oil change department or used the wrong oil for many many miles.

https://www.pgfilters.com/blog/can-h...f-valve-fails/
Old 01-08-22, 03:42 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by casper11
Yes, when i look underneath there is oil all around filter only. ,looks like it is blowing oil out from gasket at oil filter? Like too much pressure is in the crankcase. It has happened 3 times, but only on long distance driving. I can drive 4 months in town, no oil lose, car drives great in town all day, only on long distance at high speed. I thought it was a motor defect or design flaw?
Double gasket perhaps? You probably killed the engine to some degree if you lost all or almost all oil.

That or you have a totally wrong filter/failed filter and it's deadheading against the engine oil pump and that means you have no oil flow past the filter. This needs to be fixed. Take the filter off and take a picture of the adaptor to see if something is wrong with the mounting surface
Old 01-08-22, 12:52 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I always check to see that the old filter gasket came off with the filter. Double gasketing the filter will do exactly what you are experiencing. Also get the large filter that goes on a 90's Ford Taurus. Better design and holds more oil. Fits the LS 430.
Fram filters are not known for their quality. Wix & Napa (made by Wix) filters have a good reputation. I use Baldwin for the same reason.
Motorcraft Filter number is FL-400s.

My guess is that you have a filter problem. I would also check for codes.

Loren
Old 01-11-22, 07:48 AM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Received 415 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by lorenr
I always check to see that the old filter gasket came off with the filter. Double gasketing the filter will do exactly what you are experiencing. Also get the large filter that goes on a 90's Ford Taurus. Better design and holds more oil. Fits the LS 430.
Fram filters are not known for their quality. Wix & Napa (made by Wix) filters have a good reputation. I use Baldwin for the same reason.
Motorcraft Filter number is FL-400s.

My guess is that you have a filter problem. I would also check for codes.

Loren

Aftermarket oil filters have no place on our engines first due to gasket design and second due to filter element.

Size for the sake of size?

This link contains side-by-side image of
FL-400S Ford and Denso oil filter as same height, capacity.

Denso filter inexpensively purchased from Dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...1-filters.html

Last edited by YODAONE; 01-11-22 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-11-22, 08:01 AM
Jabberwock

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Trust me, i know how to change oil and filter. It is not my abilities at task, it is a flaw in the motor? When i was at home depot, a guy offered to buy the car, he said he only buys lexus. Then he mentioned the very same problem i was talking about, that the motor has a oil leakage problem at the oil filter and it only happens at high speed long distance driving. But he walked away before i could ask him for the fix or known problem? I can't find any solution on web, but it is a known problem. I use fram filters and castor oil only on all my cars. It seems to be crankcase pressure buildup? With the motor running i have vacuum at the pcv's?

I have been on the forum for 11 years and have never seen your specific issue reported. Unlikely that it is an inherent flaw with the motor. I'd try replacing oil filter and checking PVC line/valve. Keep us posted. Good luck.
Old 01-12-22, 08:05 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Received 415 Likes on 351 Posts

Yes, when i look underneath there is oil all around filter only. ,looks like it is blowing oil out from gasket at oil filter? Like too much pressure is in the crankcase. It has happened 3 times, but only on long distance driving. I can drive 4 months in town, no oil lose, car drives great in town all day, only on long distance at high speed. I thought it was a motor defect or design flaw?

If oil lealing where oil filter bracket mates with engine block, replace gasket #15692.