LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-22, 12:31 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Greetings!

Hey everyone! New to the forum. Just recently purchased my 2006 LS430 at 95k miles and absolutely love it! Mine has the sport package so I'm really enjoying the ride quality. Supple, yet, sporty.

My goal is to go for a more OEM+/"grand touring" look versus the typical VIP stance. Also, gearing it toward a Tom's Racing build even though the parts are getting harder to come by with every day. Just purchased the Grom Vline so I can keep the factory gps unit and Celsior rain guards. Down the line, I will be purchasing some coilovers (probably HKS or Tein Comfort Sports), wheels (SSR or Tom's Racing if I'm lucky) and the OEM Celsior lip kit. My first purchase though will be a Tom's Racing strut bar so if any of you have a tip for me getting one please let me know!

Anyways, here she is! Hope you guys are having a great day!

The following 4 users liked this post by LS430GT:
bjchilds1 (03-16-22), DaveGS4 (03-16-22), Lrobby99 (03-15-22), Peteryun (03-30-22)
Old 03-15-22, 01:05 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome! That thing looks beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
LS430GT (03-15-22)
Old 03-15-22, 01:40 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Thank you! Much appreciated!
Old 03-15-22, 03:26 PM
TominPT
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 178 Posts

Lookin' good!! I notice the front shade and what looks like tinted side windows. Thumbs up to that. Do you have the rear sun shade? That is very useful for protecting the shelf area and back seat tops from sun damage, I use in the summer months here in WA. My car was from AZ originally but the tint, shade and garaging since new has preserved my car wonderfully. Post a few interior pics.
Old 03-15-22, 03:33 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TominPT
Lookin' good!! I notice the front shade and what looks like tinted side windows. Thumbs up to that. Do you have the rear sun shade? That is very useful for protecting the shelf area and back seat tops from sun damage, I use in the summer months here in WA. My car was from AZ originally but the tint, shade and garaging since new has preserved my car wonderfully. Post a few interior pics.
Thank you very much! Yes, fortunately the car came with a really good tint and I recently purchased that sun shade. I'm all too familiar with the Lexus/Toyota sticky dash when owning an IS300 so I purchased that literally the first day I took home the car lol.

I wasn't aware of the possible shelf area damage but yes I do have that! I keep it up as well so glad to know it will help keep that section fresh.

I'll definitely post some interior pics! It's the standard grey but it's absolutely mint.
Old 03-15-22, 06:12 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

hello & welcome to the club!

The LS looks great & good luck with the build
Old 03-15-22, 06:14 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Originally Posted by YannG
hello & welcome to the club!

The LS looks great & good luck with the build
Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!
Old 03-15-22, 08:12 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,204 Likes on 893 Posts

Very nice, welcome!
Old 03-16-22, 04:54 AM
jmdav89
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome and congratulations. Two comments, I had to remove the tint on the side windows because in Mass you can only have up to 25% tint or it won’t pass inspection. I removed myself with a little help from YouTube. Second, please post comments on your
V-Line install. I’m very interested on how the install goes and how you like it.
Old 03-16-22, 09:15 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 737 Likes on 520 Posts

Skip the Toms strut bar and get an Ultra Racing off of eBay. Not even sure if HKS makes coilovers for our cars or if they did, they may not be in production any longer... same with Tein. If you look for period-correct Toms wheels, they are out there but almost impossible to find in good condition. The Celsior lip kit looks awesome on these cars but again, it is very difficult to source a complete kit that doesn't need a ton of work before it is installed. I'm constantly searching and have yet to find one where I'm willing to pull the trigger.

Good luck with the build and keep us posted. You have a clean example to start with!
Old 03-16-22, 05:17 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Striker223
Very nice, welcome!
Thank you so much!
Old 03-16-22, 05:19 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jmdav89
Welcome and congratulations. Two comments, I had to remove the tint on the side windows because in Mass you can only have up to 25% tint or it won’t pass inspection. I removed myself with a little help from YouTube. Second, please post comments on your
V-Line install. I’m very interested on how the install goes and how you like it.
Thank you so much!
Ah yeah good 'ole tint regulations. CA doesn't allow front driver-side and front passenger-side windows to be tinted but I would say 95% of people do them anyways. As long as they can see you're face they typically let it happen.

Yeah sure! I will do my best to make a decent write-up on the install and review it. I've heard good things so I'm confident it will be good.
Old 03-16-22, 05:27 PM
LS430GT
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Romanova
Skip the Toms strut bar and get an Ultra Racing off of eBay. Not even sure if HKS makes coilovers for our cars or if they did, they may not be in production any longer... same with Tein. If you look for period-correct Toms wheels, they are out there but almost impossible to find in good condition. The Celsior lip kit looks awesome on these cars but again, it is very difficult to source a complete kit that doesn't need a ton of work before it is installed. I'm constantly searching and have yet to find one where I'm willing to pull the trigger.

Good luck with the build and keep us posted. You have a clean example to start with!
Thank you I appreciate the input! However, I think I will skip on the Ultra Racing sway bar. I'm very particular with my builds so for me, it's Tom's or nothing since I'm in no rush to get those items. Something about "the hunt" that I really enjoy when it comes to car parts. Also, I think I already have an opportunity to purchase one this week.
HKS definitely does make coilovers for our cars and so does Tein (only thing is you have to special order custom Tein coils to the Comfort Sport specs). I've found it to be fairly easy to source the Celsior lip sets! I would recommend the facebook groups. There's a few guys on there that gets them no problem. Also, look up vipsushah on Instagram. He can get pretty much anything you need at a fair price. My buddy has purchased a few things from him already.

Will definitely keep you posted and thank you for the positive words!