LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake Malfunction/ Check ABS/ Check break lights on

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-23, 01:04 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Malfunction/ Check ABS/ Check break lights on

Last week I was driving from Toronto to Syracuse, about 281 miles. In my half way, 5 lights were on without anything happen. I am very scared what's happening, but everything works very well and I didn't notice there was anything noticeable. Then, after about 60 miles, all lights are disappeared and everything back to normal until I arrived home. Did anyone meet this situation before? I checked several posts mentioned but I didn't find what was the reason. It's a 2013 LS 460 AWD, mileage is shown in the image. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-14-23, 01:25 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

I suggest you to stop at your local Lexus dealer ASAP. Let them check it out. There's ongoing customer support program and you can be qualified for the brake actuator replacement / upgrade. I remember receiving a letter from Lexus about it few month ago. They specifically mentioning all these faults.
The following users liked this post:
skyzhuang (10-14-23)
Old 10-14-23, 02:36 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

Thanks for your reply. Good to know. I bought this LS as used car and this is a 2013 model. Is it still qualified for the actuator replacement?
Old 10-14-23, 02:52 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

And I just emailed my local dealer to see if I am qualified.
Old 10-14-23, 03:34 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by skyzhuang
Thanks for your reply. Good to know. I bought this LS as used car and this is a 2013 model. Is it still qualified for the actuator replacement?
I believe it is 23LE04 CSP and it covers 2013-2017 LS460 models. I don't have that latter with me at the moment but from what I remember you should have all these codes posted in order to be qualified for replacement.
Old 10-14-23, 04:56 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

That's very helpful. I just google that and found it. I am pretty sure that's the problem and I will visit the dealership next week. Thank you very much!
Old 10-14-23, 05:05 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

That's very helpful. I just google that and found it. I am pretty sure that's the problem and I will visit the dealership next week. Thank you very much!
I think you have to wait until they actually send you the recall notice. When i filed my claim since i had prepaid for my replacement, they asked for a copy of my notice i received in the mail.
Old 10-14-23, 07:07 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

I am the second owner of this car, and I bought it on August this year so I don't know if I will receive the notice letter... But I have emailed the dealer and waiting for the reply.
Old 10-16-23, 02:28 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I am the second owner of this car, and I bought it on August this year so I don't know if I will receive the notice letter... But I have emailed the dealer and waiting for the reply.
If you are registered on lexus.com and have the vin associated with your account you will get the notice.
Protholl (10-16-23)
Old 10-16-23, 06:48 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

Yes, I registered. When you get the notice? I wonder if they still sending notice out as it's October now. The had the announcement on March.
Old 10-16-23, 07:05 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Yes, I registered. When you get the notice? I wonder if they still sending notice out as it's October now. The had the announcement on March.
I was registered on Lexus Driver portal way before I bough my LS460 (I had ES 350) and I received this letter approximately 5-6 month after I bought my LS (don't remember exactly). However, it says in that letter that the primary coverage is applicable until March 31,2024.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BRWCC6B1E8EBCFB_000087.pdf (570.5 KB, 61 views)
skyzhuang (10-17-23)
Old 10-16-23, 07:44 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,282 Likes on 991 Posts

If the dealer can't help, contact Lexus directly. You can and should still get this brake issue checked out right away because it's a safety concern. Not worth risking lives. As mentioned above, certain codes must be present to qualify for the program (not certain it's an actual recall). You may have an issue that doesn't meet the parameters but still need a repair. We used to refer to dash lights as "idiot lights", cars are more complex now, but best not to ignore the warning.
Protholl (10-17-23)
Old 10-17-23, 07:32 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I just sent a message to tell them my situations and let's see what they say. And I also had an appointment with my local dealer on this Friday to see what they say. Now, it's just two thing that concern me:
1. Those lights were on but then they were off. Now the lights were off, so I wonder if they still willing to replace the brake actuator for me.
2. I searched on Lexus.com for my VIN to see if there's any recalls, but the result is no. They call this "customer support program" but not a "recall", just get confused and what's the difference.

I will update if anything happen. Thanks for your reply again.
Old 10-18-23, 12:52 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Thanks for your reply. I just sent a message to tell them my situations and let's see what they say. And I also had an appointment with my local dealer on this Friday to see what they say. Now, it's just two thing that concern me:
1. Those lights were on but then they were off. Now the lights were off, so I wonder if they still willing to replace the brake actuator for me.
2. I searched on Lexus.com for my VIN to see if there's any recalls, but the result is no. They call this "customer support program" but not a "recall", just get confused and what's the difference.

I will update if anything happen. Thanks for your reply again.
Even if these lights are off right now dealer should be able to pull the codes from the memory, they might even see at what mileage it happened. Also, don't bother looking for the recall. There's no recall for these actuators. It is a "Customer Support Program" that Lexus is running on it's own will.
Old 10-27-23, 02:07 PM
skyzhuang
Rookie

Default Update

Just went to Lexus dealer this afternoon. After 2 hours diagnosis, they said my situation fits the customer support program and they will replace a new brake actuator for free. And they will call me when the parts arrive!
The following 2 users liked this post by skyzhuang:
evansj (10-30-23), swfla (10-27-23)

Quick Reply: Brake Malfunction/ Check ABS/ Check break lights on