LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Brake Actuator installed, not clearing codes......

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-24, 01:09 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Black31385
How did you get them to replace the fuse box for you? They told me they won't replace it bc it's not covered.
Because I'm mechanically inclined, hands on with my vehicle's maintenance, and advised them of my concerns ahead of time. I had the problem loosely diagnosed by my mechanic prior to bringing it to Lexus and provided them his diagnostic report. I had gotten the letter in the mail two weeks after the lights came on which was 40 days before the extended coverage expired. I explained to the dealer that the part had been replaced 30k miles prior, and that I find it very hard to believe it would fail that prematurely. I requested they thoroughly diagnose the vehicle prior to replacing that part beyond the documentation I provided from my mechanic. They declined to do so and we ended up at the point where the service manager was forced to mull it over. I was calm, cool, and collected, not a "Ken" or "Karen" as people like to put it. I held them accountable. As the dealer, I expect them to know how to accurately diagnose a relatively common issue on these vehicles, and they didn't.

In addition to that, I got the car back and it was immediately overheating, something that wasn't happening the entire time leading up to drop off for the actuator replacement. They held firm saying it was the coolant valley plate, to which I said absolutely no way, I'm not losing coolant, and it wasn't overheating prior to this actuator repair. Again they misdiagnosed the issue, covered all labor and parts to reseal the coolant valley plate, and that DIDN'T fix the issue! Ended up being a coolant temperature sensor that broke loose during the brake actuator job.

All in all, they covered ~$5k in work while I drove their 2023 RX350. Keep in mind, my vehicle has 107k miles and has been completely out of warranty for some time.

HOLD YOUR DEALER'S ACCOUNTABLE!