LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"Flagship Sedan" Details To Be Announced 10/19

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 12:47 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WO that color looks KICKA$$$!!!!!!!! its like combination of silver glacier frost and hint of breakwater... DAYUM! AWESOME JOB LEXUS!!!
Old 10-20-05, 03:46 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by howiedoit
the front looks awesome! i can't say that i like the rear though...it looks cheap to me.
and i don't like the side profile (mostly the rear). It does resemble the 7 series too much.
That is a great side by side profile howie
I do see the 7 resemblance and I like the 7 (secretly ).

Just imagine the driving experience and performance of the Germans with Lexus reliability.

This new LS is it for me
BTW, look at that drop, no wheel gap, even better than the 7

I got to talk briefly with one of the master tech (who got to drive it and the IS350 before the release) and asked him if they copied the i-drive and he said NO
He said the interior didnt' change that much...he seemed busy and I'm not convinced though.
I'm not sure if he has the same passion as we do though.....
I'll see if I can talk to him more next week.

Thanks for the link XERO

There should be one sticky b/c I keep jumping back and forth b/t here and the one in car chat

Last edited by GS3Tek; 10-20-05 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 04:28 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Wow.... guess I'll be trading in my 06 LS really soon. LOL.
Old 10-20-05, 10:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RAristo
Wow.... guess I'll be trading in my 06 LS really soon. LOL.
told you you made a bad move
Old 10-21-05, 02:16 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2 new vids of the LF-Sh on the platform and its press unveil are up now at Lexus.jp in the MOVIE section

http://lexus.jp/ms/
Old 10-23-05, 12:05 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

U know - when i look at the new LS concept..especially the rear - i think to myself that it would look PERFECT as the new lexus ES! The tail lights make sense looking similar to the current model and definitely would look good as an improvement over the current design. But then again, this concept is too big to be an ES so maybe its fine for an LS. If the front lights were more "hooded back with the current design concept, and the lingth of the concept was about 5 inches shorter, i think it would look perfect as the replacement ES.

Either way i think the concept is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL - THE BEST luxury design for a car i have ever seen to date! great goign lexus!!

just my two cents.
Old 10-25-05, 07:34 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I was walking around my neighborhood with my dog and my son yesterday and I spotted a car that looked exactly like the pics of the new LS. It was sitting in a driveway at a neighbor's house about 40-50 yards away from where I was at the time. I couldn't see the front fender very well (the front fender was hidden behind a small palm tree) but I had a good side view from about the driver's door rearward. I knew that it was near impossible that an early prototype of the next LS would be sitting in my neighborhood, but the car looked EXACTLY like some of the photos posted here -- particularly the trunk lid and tail lights, and to a great extent, the overall side profile. I thought it MIGHT be the latest face-lifted 7-series, but it didn't look just right for a 7-series either -- not tall enough in the trunk and the wheels didn't look big enough.

I got closer and saw that the car was the new Avalon. That's a nice looking car, particularly for a somewhat affordable FWD vehicle.
Old 10-25-05, 09:01 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Really?
Ah yeh,

Really really!
Old 10-25-05, 12:49 PM
RollinInLS
Driver School Candidate

Will the LS 460 be AWD too? I hope it will specially for Michigan.
Old 10-25-05, 12:59 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RollinInLS
Will the LS 460 be AWD too? I hope it will specially for Michigan.
Both the new GS and the new IS offer AWD, I don't see why the new LS won't. The LS600h is known to be AWD already though.
Old 10-25-05, 01:08 PM
RollinInLS
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully since the LS right now are all RWD.
Old 10-26-05, 12:17 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So the buzz is that the new LS interior will be shown at a later auto show...I guess NAIAS in Detroit? Will anything be shown at the earlier LA Auto Show?
Old 10-27-05, 08:36 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do think Lexus focused a little more on BMW design than Mercedes design this time around. I think this new LS is going to be a mix of Mercedes and BMW. That can't be a bad thing... All companies get their design ideas from somewhere. If they see something they like, and they can't invent it themselves, they usually incorporated it in...

Last edited by Sal Collaziano; 10-27-05 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-27-05, 08:47 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also feel that anyone who says this new design is boring is out of their mind. I'll admit that the current LS isn't exactly "exciting", although I like it very much. But people are just getting too used to saying Lexus designs are boring so even when they're not, they still say the same thing. It must be tongue-muscle-memory or something..

And one other guy in another forum mentioned how it looked like a stretched IS. Well, of course. Lexus is sticking to their design theme. Cadillac, Mercedes and BMW have been doing it for as long as I can remember..
Old 10-27-05, 09:39 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
So the buzz is that the new LS interior will be shown at a later auto show...I guess NAIAS in Detroit? Will anything be shown at the earlier LA Auto Show?
Not to worry, by the time your lease is up, the new LS's interior would have gone through a "freshening" by the manufacturer. This way you can skip any first/sec. year mishaps and get the finalized car.... that's of course if you'd want to lease another in 2009.

Quick Reply: "Flagship Sedan" Details To Be Announced 10/19