LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

six more days until the ls460

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 09:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

From what we've heard so far, I think it'll be a gasoline LS460, & then a LS600h ( V8 + electric motor ) a year later . . .
Old 01-04-06, 10:01 AM
BMcD430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my wish list for the next gen LS:

More power - 360HP should be the minimum in this class of car

More responsive tranny - make it adaptive and quicker to repsond to inputs. Current one is lazy.

Better Bluetooth response/integration and ipod integration - that should be easy stuff.

Power trunk open and close - should've had that from the start - at least on the UL.

Nav and phone while in motion - the other makes have it and lawsuits haven't gound our legal system to a halt. What's the big deal?

Did I say more power?? Where is that AMG-like model we've hear about? And I don't mean more power via the hybrid stuff - too costly.

Bruce
Old 01-04-06, 10:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BMcD430
Did I say more power?? Where is that AMG-like model we've hear about? And I don't mean more power via the hybrid stuff - too costly.
Just based on the RX330 vs. RX400h pricing, the hybrid motor is only $3-4K over the regular, so I think a hybrid LS can be priced only a few thousand dollars more than the gasoline model. That's way less than the AMG/M models ove their regular Benz / bimmer models.

I do wish the LS would have a V10 or V12 though, with a revised suspension for more sportiness. Just extra power via larger displacement or electric motor won't make it a real AMG competitor . . .
Old 01-04-06, 11:29 AM
BMcD430
Driver

True - if it's to be a real AMG or M type of car it would have to be the whole package - drivetrain, susupension, brakes, body styling, etc. But I'll take the power first! And make the darn thing SOUND like a V8!

Bruce
Old 01-04-06, 02:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Just based on the RX330 vs. RX400h pricing, the hybrid motor is only $3-4K over the regular, so I think a hybrid LS can be priced only a few thousand dollars more than the gasoline model. That's way less than the AMG/M models ove their regular Benz / bimmer models.

I do wish the LS would have a V10 or V12 though, with a revised suspension for more sportiness. Just extra power via larger displacement or electric motor won't make it a real AMG competitor . . .
yup, that's why i am really looking forward to the ls600h. hopefully it's a 5.0L v8 plus hibrid pushing around 500hp, and yet having gas mileage of around 30mph. i will cry

same here i would love to see v10 and v12 from toyota, but with their current game plan, and that they are pushing for hybrid for future, i don't think it's coming. the v8 hybrid will be quite a bit cheaper and lexus can make more money imho
Old 01-04-06, 02:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't count on dialing in motion, Lexus has said that safety is #1, even over convenience...

...but I hope there's an easier workaround, or the ability to voice command enter info, like on the New IS.

Lexus will have LIVE streaming press coverage from Detroit during the LS reveal, 12:25 pm on 1/8/2006 according to www.lexus.com!

Last edited by encore888; 01-04-06 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-04-06, 03:46 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, that's why i am really looking forward to the ls600h. hopefully it's a 5.0L v8 plus hibrid pushing around 500hp, and yet having gas mileage of around 30mph. i will cry

same here i would love to see v10 and v12 from toyota, but with their current game plan, and that they are pushing for hybrid for future, i don't think it's coming. the v8 hybrid will be quite a bit cheaper and lexus can make more money imho
Henry.

500 hp with 30 mpg hybrid is somewhat of an oxymoron. Keep in mind that the real fuel economy on a hybrid is best attained in city driving and is almost entirely gone in higher speed driving. This is a case where you can't have your cake and eat it because what good is 500hp in city driving? I already know the answer --- it is only there for you to imagine what you can do when you can get on the highway.
Old 01-04-06, 03:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well the lexus v8 is doing about 18/23 right now. seeing the rx330 and the rx400h, i forgot but the gain in mpg is about 10mpg? granted a 5L v8 might have sligly less gas mileage, but i am still keeping my hope up

well, at least i wish, hhee
Old 01-05-06, 09:21 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Can't wait till this Sunday...just 3 days away, and rumors are rife...

Hope we get to see the interior...!
Old 01-05-06, 09:50 PM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Considering this is the flagship ,Lexus cannot make a mistake. I am sure it will be a good one. Make us proud Lexus.
Well, at the Tokyo Auto Show the Lexus representative did mention it will set the bar that much higher in the Luxury segment with the same of even more energy just like they did when they unvailed the 1st Gen LS400 at the North American International Auto Show back in 89'....it should be very interesting!!! Can't wait!!!.....
Old 01-06-06, 12:28 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

According to this publication...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/63...is_on_way.html

8 speed and special air suspension are some of the New LS' unique features!
Old 01-06-06, 11:01 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Eight-speed Lexus is on way

Gear we go again... In a world first, the Lexus LS460 luxury car is set to re-write the rulebooks with an eight-speed automatic box.

It will debut at next week's Detroit Motor Show, and rival the all-new Mercedes S-Class, which only has a seven-ratio self-shifter.

Love it or eight it, the LS460's smart styling will be based on the Lexus LF-Sh concept which was displayed at last year's Tokyo exhibition. The newcomer is expected to provide class-leading refinement, with an advanced 4.6-litre V8 pumping out more than 370hp and 500Nm of torque.

The clever box isn't the new model's only hi-tech feature. The company has confirmed that the flagship will use a special air-suspension set-up in a bid to steal sales from its European rivals.

Despite its superior refinement, the biggest Lexus has traditionally lagged behind its Continental competitors dynamically - but that could all change with the latest machine. There may even be a long-wheelbase variant to tackle the extended BMW 7-Series and Mercedes S-Class models, although there are no plans for a diesel. Instead, the big range-topper is set to become the first-ever hybrid luxury car.

Set to debut at the New York Motor Show in April, the hybrid will boast a 5.0-litre V8 rumoured to generate 450bhp with the aid of a Toyota Prius-style electric motor. The entry-level LS460 is expected to go on sale in November, starting from around £50,000.
Ross Pinnock"

I hope this article is a reliable source. The specs posted sounds absolutely amazing.

Last edited by BrickHead; 01-06-06 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-06-06, 02:34 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Edmunds.com

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef3fc23!conflimit=.ef0d616&make=Lexus&model=LS%20430&ed_makeindex=.ef3fc23

Dear lexus lovers,

the all new ls will have a 4.6L engine, that delivers about 370 HP, and about 500Nm of torque.

the trany will be industrial first 8 speed auto, promising thrilling acceleration and fuel eco.

the interior will be designed as a yacht interior, there will be alot of wood panels, along with polished chrome,

the design will be all new, along with the state of art new tech optitrone like gauges, but it will use LCD technology, like the one presented in the LFX,

all the options in the GS430 will be offered and mostly standard,

new things like LKA, driver attention system, new level PCS, new developed VDIM, new xenon system, along with better airbags (about 12) and a hybrid system that is due to production as a 2008 model, the hybrid will be at least 450HP, with acceleration in the late 4.

a new much advanced rain sensing wipers (to those said) will be introduced, and finally how it looks,

well, my sources told me that it will carry around 90% like the concept, the exhaust is to be below the trunk, the grill to be changes, and the bangle's butt to be minimized more,

the suspension will be of advanced air suspension that can outrun the germans in performance, but it wont use the Bose system becoz lexus wanted more tests before they can introduce it to their flagship.

the wheels will be standard 18, and optional 19 along with a sport tuned version (to be shown later), the wheels wont be of chrome type, it will have similar wheels that GS430 has (similar material).

the car will be available in dealers in augest for the customers to see (ONLY LOYAL CUSTOMERS) and it will set on sales late oct.

My sources told me alot of things but he said he is not sure 100% becoz Japanese are very careful with such things.

some of the rumors?? (maybe yes or no):

it will have a new ML system, that boosts 18 speakers, makes the car a moving theater. no TV in nav, but it plays every CD u have (DVD audio, video, super audio and so)

it will be 7.1 DTS, they are looking for THX certificate, but they promise, this system will be the most advanced audiosystem in a car. (lol, B&O)

nightvision is be available but how it works we dont know. well this is not yet confirmed but they mentioned something about the nightvision in that it can detect if they is anything that moves in the screen and so warnes you so u dont have to look at the screen all the way, but this is not confimred guys, only he said thats what they were saying, maybe they are testing it!?

All i can say, is within the next 2 days, Germans including MB, BM, and Audi will cry out loud, becoz their cars compared to the new LS will be a complete TRASH!!

concerning the price, the base will have at least 3K increase and there wont be alot of optional gizmo.
Old 01-06-06, 03:24 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
OMG, if only half of that were true and this would be a runaway hit!!!!

"Yacht interior" with even more wood, sounds good as long as it keeps to the 3GS's more futuristic take on wood and leather!!!

And, interesting that 'yacht interior' is a trend these days, some of the top executive aircraft cabins and airlines are rolling out new 'yacht interior' designs for their top-of-the-line interiors.
Old 01-06-06, 06:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BrickHead
All i can say, is within the next 2 days, Germans including MB, BM, and Audi will cry out loud, becoz their cars compared to the new LS will be a complete TRASH!!
Not sure I can buy this, it's probably a little bit of overhype saying this, although I'm sure the new LS would be an awesome car with lots of new technologies & features, I think at least the new S class will have certain features that the Lexus doesn't, particularly the top of the line S63, S65 models (& they should as they will be way more expensive than the top of the line loaded LS). MB will build their cars loaded with new technologies & features & price them in the territory that Lexus would still dare not venture into (like $130-150K for a V12/AMG S class)
Not sure how this new air suspension on the new LS compares with the active body control of the top of the line S class . . .

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-06-06 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: six more days until the ls460