LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06 | 02:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
... but surprisingly i have seen quite a few ls430 on the road now without nav. the reason why? that's beyond me
Many males refuse to stop for help with directions let alone use a computerized map in the car! Many either don't want to pay for the option which they think is a gimmick or they're too old to have any interest in it.
Old 01-13-06 | 03:00 PM
LexFather

Yes, i do believe Lexus sells quite a few base LS 430s, right around 60k, no NAV. You can tell by looking at the certified Lexus LS 430s at lexus.com, there are tons of them.

Though a base 60k car is lol, it loaded compared to most cars
Old 01-13-06 | 04:13 PM
ST430
Pole Position

I honestly didn't want NAV on my car...didn't care for it, because simply i wouldn't use it (i still use it in limited capacity). I just wanted the ML, but you can't get one without the other (at the time)...
Old 01-13-06 | 06:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by ST430
I honestly didn't want NAV on my car...didn't care for it, because simply i wouldn't use it (i still use it in limited capacity). I just wanted the ML, but you can't get one without the other (at the time)...
hehehe, sometimes it's not about how often you use it, it's about that one time when you really need it
Old 01-13-06 | 10:50 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

LS460 video from Edmunds. I hope this is not a repost.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108790
Old 01-14-06 | 10:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

It look pretty good in motion
Old 01-14-06 | 10:22 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrickHead
LS460 video from Edmunds. I hope this is not a repost.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108790
Cool video. Thanx!

I am liking this
Old 01-14-06 | 10:38 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Wow Lexus is on their game now. That LS has elements form the BMW 7 series with the rear styling, Maybach like seats in the rear, Mercedes S class, The new GS, just amazing
Old 01-14-06 | 11:31 AM
dfkd
Intermediate

AGH!!!
You people and your comparisons.

To me it looks like a LEXUS. How come it always has to be compared to some other car?????

I dont get it. Maybe the first LS did look a bit like the 560SEL but now with this LS460 NO ONE can say that they are taking stying cues from anyone else.

And for all your info, Toyota has been doing reclining, massaging, heated back seats since 1987 on their Toyota Crown model so it's not a new feature to them. (It was only on the passanger side back then too)

They're making their own way now. How come no one ever complained that all BMW's have the same lights and grille formation?
Old 01-14-06 | 11:57 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dfkd
AGH!!!
You people and your comparisons.

To me it looks like a LEXUS. How come it always has to be compared to some other car?????

I dont get it. Maybe the first LS did look a bit like the 560SEL but now with this LS460 NO ONE can say that they are taking stying cues from anyone else.

And for all your info, Toyota has been doing reclining, massaging, heated back seats since 1987 on their Toyota Crown model so it's not a new feature to them. (It was only on the passanger side back then too)

They're making their own way now. How come no one ever complained that all BMW's have the same lights and grille formation?
Most auto makers including Lexus have their research team study other automakers creations, and take some cues from them and improve upon it. It is the nature of the business. When Lexus came out with the first gen LS400, everyone and their mother thought it was Toyota copying Mercedes. Look at the New LS in the pics. Are you telling me that you can't see similarities with the BMW 7 series and the other cars I mentioned? Lexus may proclaim it to be a unique design, but it does not look original to me.
Old 01-14-06 | 11:58 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

AGH!!!

I wonder why...we need an explanation for this. You'd think that in the years Lexus was in existence, they'd have figured out how to offer it on both sides?

Can't wait to see this car in person.
Old 01-14-06 | 01:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Most auto makers including Lexus have their research team study other automakers creations, and take some cues from them and improve upon it. It is the nature of the business. When Lexus came out with the first gen LS400, everyone and their mother thought it was Toyota copying Mercedes. Look at the New LS in the pics. Are you telling me that you can't see similarities with the BMW 7 series and the other cars I mentioned? Lexus may proclaim it to be a unique design, but it does not look original to me.
maybach? Lexus looks nothing like Maybach. S class? Lexus look nothing like S class. 7 series? There is an kink at back trunk that suggests so, and it is pretty elegant and looks like an spoiler, unlike 7 series monstruosity.
If anything, a lot of new MB's have took Lexus/Japanese smooth lines as their influence. BMW is doing their own thing though, with their back lights replacable with many Hyundai models (from 90's).

If anything, LS is definetly an LS. It looks like an LS and follows LS design. Interior is completly unique and completly Lexus/Toyota, unlike some other luxury brand's flagship.

There were times where you could put an finger on most Toyota and some Lexus vehicles as copy cats to an extent, but this is not the case anymore. Its pretty ridicilous to state that these days.
Old 01-14-06 | 02:00 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by enigma354
I wonder why...we need an explanation for this. You'd think that in the years Lexus was in existence, they'd have figured out how to offer it on both sides?

Can't wait to see this car in person.
I think the problem is that on the driver's side the DRIVER is the one who MUST be comfortable.

So adding a feature that could force the driver to have to move his seat further foward than it should be for him to be comfortable would be a problem.

In the RHD cars (Toyota Crown) the recliner is on the left (front passenger) side. It's just never the one behind the driver.
Old 01-14-06 | 02:07 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
maybach? Lexus looks nothing like Maybach. S class? Lexus look nothing like S class. 7 series? There is an kink at back trunk that suggests so, and it is pretty elegant and looks like an spoiler, unlike 7 series monstruosity.
If anything, a lot of new MB's have took Lexus/Japanese smooth lines as their influence. BMW is doing their own thing though, with their back lights replacable with many Hyundai models (from 90's).

If anything, LS is definetly an LS. It looks like an LS and follows LS design. Interior is completly unique and completly Lexus/Toyota, unlike some other luxury brand's flagship.

There were times where you could put an finger on most Toyota and some Lexus vehicles as copy cats to an extent, but this is not the case anymore. Its pretty ridiculous to state that these days.
Just my opinion, but the design is not unique. I could say the Lexus IS is the most unique out of the new "Lexus Finesse" designs. As far as Maybach is concerned, the rear seat elements were copied from it. Come on Lexus The auto editors will spell it out for the skeptics.
Old 01-14-06 | 03:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I think the problem is that on the driver's side the DRIVER is the one who MUST be comfortable.

So adding a feature that could force the driver to have to move his seat further foward than it should be for him to be comfortable would be a problem.

In the RHD cars (Toyota Crown) the recliner is on the left (front passenger) side. It's just never the one behind the driver.
So does Maybach do that? On the LS 460L, the rear seat package DOES allow recline of the driver side passenger seat, but no massage function...

Quick Reply: LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52