LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
well there you have it, more than "448hp", 5.0 V8, AWD.
hey hey hey, come to think about it, i was pretty darn close when guessing 450hp?

p.s. that "small" dvd screen we saw in PRs is actually 19" screen at back :-).
yeah i know, when i read that i was like "damn, that thing is 19?!?!" that definitely doesn't look as big as what i am looking at here. now that's a clear tv in the car

Originally Posted by looknow12
I agree. When you have that kind of instant torque and power, AWD is the only way to go to truly move the vehicle. I don't care if you live in Cali or Florida, AWD is the right decision.

BTW, Romini why do you think the LS will be sold mostly in FL and CA? Is that based on historical sales data or just speculation. Cause here in in Fairfield County, Connecticut (New England) I see LS' all over the place.
it's just by what we have seen and such. i am not saying that these cars don't exist elsewhere, but given the amount of money flowing, cali and fla are just crazy on cars. seriously, see nice cars and what not in socal is like seeing cabs, especially in certain region. i just saw a porsche gt the other weekend

Originally Posted by theanimala
I'm just curious how much this is going to cost. Lexus has steadily driven themselves up market and consistently raise their prices. I can see this bording $100K fully loaded.
trust me, i think that's a very good guess

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Yes I know, but you see, they AREN"T offering AWD for the LS460 at all which will be a much bigger volume seller than the LS600h, which like the GS450h, will only be produced in limited #'s, so what's the logic behind that ? Don't they want more people attracted to the LS460 in the cold weather states with AWD as an option ? That's why I'm wondering . . .
excellent point, andrew. it's kinda funny imho when the lower models don't get awd, but the top of the line will get it as standard.

again, i am not saying it's bad, but at least till this point i am not sure if that's something i will "need". heck, maybe if i get the car i would love the awd system, now i am just think baout the extra "grands" i have to pay for them

only the S, but only the NA V8 model, not the AMG's & V12's . . .
i thought it's only s430 4matic? they have it for the s500 as well?

Originally Posted by enigma354
I wonder about those amazing, gorgeous headlights...I hope they're not too easily removed/stolen, and damaged/attacked.
yeah indeed, now i see the blown up pics, those led headlights are just sick... those are definitely WAY different from the hid headlights i saw the other weekend. this is just crazy

Originally Posted by magneto112
YO!!!! This car is sick as hell!!! I'm lovin the black color and those rims. Thats a very nice touch. And it looks like it will have LED headlights. How crazy is that.

On the japanese website they have it as LS600h and LS600hL. I guess they are getting both models.
umm.... ok..... this is getting confusing now huh
Old 04-12-06, 09:15 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
YO!!!! This car is sick as hell!!! I'm lovin the black color and those rims. Thats a very nice touch. And it looks like it will have LED headlights. How crazy is that.

On the japanese website they have it as LS600h and LS600hL. I guess they are getting both models.
Are LED Headlights a new technology, because from the picture it looks like it simply has 4 beams. One for High and three for Low.
Old 04-12-06, 09:19 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed the RPM

i think there is also a Kw thing next to it if i'm not mistaken
Old 04-12-06, 09:30 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
thief and sensors will take a DNA sample as the 600h contacts the authorities and the owner to alert them of the offense. A high voltage capacitor will render the thief temporarily unable to move....

Rock
You and Lil4x should converse. Very articulate posts you have.
Old 04-12-06, 09:37 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
it's just by what we have seen and such. i am not saying that these cars don't exist elsewhere, but given the amount of money flowing, cali and fla are just crazy on cars. seriously, see nice cars and what not in socal is like seeing cabs, especially in certain region. i just saw a porsche gt the other weekend
Agreed, California has crazy house prices. Of course in the New York tri-state area, there's a lot of heavy real estate prices as well. I know the Jupiter area of Florida is very expensive, but as a state in it's entirety I wouldn't call FL at the tops of the list. But I'm speculating too.
Old 04-12-06, 09:38 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
i noticed the RPM

Ahh yes I see that now.
Old 04-12-06, 09:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i thought it's only s430 4matic? they have it for the s500 as well?
Yes they do have S500 4matic
Old 04-12-06, 10:52 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nas
I read on another forum, that the car will have 17mpg (not sure if this is average or in the city). The GS4s, and LS4s have all gotten about 17-18 in the city.
No way!! The LS460L is getting "low-20's", according to the latest Lexus PR. The hybrid can only get better mileage despite a slightly larger engine. What forum were you reading that stuff from?
Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
i noticed the RPM

Sorry I guess I'm blind but I just don't see the kW meter. Which picture has it?

I'm loving the LED headlights too. They're straight from the LF-Sh concept!
Old 04-12-06, 10:58 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

well there you have it, more than "448hp", 5.0 V8, AWD.
Sorry, but where does this "more than 448hp" come from? The PR only says "more than 330hp".

Still think my 441hp prediction will be right on target, being somewhat more than 330hp.
Old 04-12-06, 11:05 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

im sure you mean over 430 hp, they have the engine rating in kilowatts earlier
Old 04-12-06, 11:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Sorry, but where does this "more than 448hp" come from? The PR only says "more than 330hp".
430 hp
Old 04-12-06, 11:11 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

430 hp
Oops...doh!! LMAO @ self.
Old 04-12-06, 12:53 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
No way!! The LS460L is getting "low-20's", according to the latest Lexus PR. The hybrid can only get better mileage despite a slightly larger engine. What forum were you reading that stuff from?Sorry I guess I'm blind but I just don't see the kW meter. Which picture has it?

I'm loving the LED headlights too. They're straight from the LF-Sh concept!
The KW Meter you can see in the picture from the rear seat to the front which shows a long range view of the dashboard. Also the picture of the steering wheel which is to the picture to the left of the picture that shows the HYBRID symbol on the outside of the vehicle. See link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&page=54&pp=15

Why are we calling these LED headlights? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, and maybe I'm wrong, but these look like a number of projectors together.
Old 04-12-06, 01:29 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

The KW Meter you can see in the picture from the rear seat to the front which shows a long range view of the dashboard. Also the picture of the steering wheel which is to the picture to the left of the picture that shows the HYBRID symbol on the outside of the vehicle. See link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&page=54&pp=15

Why are we calling these LED headlights? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, and maybe I'm wrong, but these look like a number of projectors together.
and instead of HIDs behind the lens you have clusters of LEDs
Old 04-12-06, 01:45 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

You guys must have eagle eyes. I still don't see the kW meter.

I believe these are the two pics you're talking about. Can you tell me which gauge has the kW reading?

Quick Reply: LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52