LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 Evolution...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 01:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I think they need to drop the air suspension idea altogether and go with something like GM's magnaride system. Less reliability issues, quicker response time, wider range of settings, etc...
lexus air suspension system has reliability issue?

i am sure the new ls will be even quieter than it is now, which is almost ridiculous imho (are you still going to hear the siren?)
Old 01-20-06, 01:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sure the new ls will be even quieter than it is now, which is almost ridiculous imho (are you still going to hear the siren?)
Just yesterday my mom forgot to turn the engine off until I told her, because she couldn't hear it...not the first time. The LS 430 is that quiet.
Old 01-20-06, 02:08 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lexus air suspension system has reliability issue?
Maybe not a reliability issue so much as they do need to be replaced at around the 100k mile mark.. sometimes they last until 150k, but they're expensive to replace and air suspensions, at least that we've seen to date, just can't react nearly as fast as the magnetically viscous fluid in magnaride type shocks.
Old 01-20-06, 02:11 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Just yesterday my mom forgot to turn the engine off until I told her, because she couldn't hear it...not the first time. The LS 430 is that quiet.
From the outside? That seems kinda unobservant as they still make more than enough noise from outside the car to know they're on IMO. From inside, I could definitely see that happening.

The engine noise from the Lexus V8s is already perfect... doesn't need to get any quieter. But wind noise, cabin noise over bumps, etc still has room for improvement. Don't get me wrong, it's the best of the best, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't keep improving.

In fact I'm left wondering why they haven't implemented noise cancelation such as the Acura RL did - very inexpensive and proven technology using the existing audio system to reduce road noise and such at the gain of literally no weight (or in the Acuras case they used it as a way to take some sound deadener out while maintaining good noise reduction and making the new RL lighter.
Old 01-20-06, 02:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

From the outside? That seems kinda unobservant as they still make more than enough noise from outside the car to know they're on IMO. From inside, I could definitely see that happening.

The engine noise from the Lexus V8s is already perfect... doesn't need to get any quieter. But wind noise, cabin noise over bumps, etc still has room for improvement. Don't get me wrong, it's the best of the best, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't keep improving.

In fact I'm left wondering why they haven't implemented noise cancelation such as the Acura RL did - very inexpensive and proven technology using the existing audio system to reduce road noise and such at the gain of literally no weight (or in the Acuras case they used it as a way to take some sound deadener out while maintaining good noise reduction and making the new RL lighter.
i am sure lexus is taking noise cancellation into consideration. like you said, it's there already for people to use

and i think enigma means from the inside. sometimes it's more about cranking your car again thinking it's not started. trust me i have seen it couple of times people try to start their already started lexus. ouch that hurts
Old 01-25-06, 12:50 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From the outside? That seems kinda unobservant as they still make more than enough noise from outside the car to know they're on IMO. From inside, I could definitely see that
It was from the inside, and then when my mom went outside it was a crowded parking lot with lots of cars driving around, shopping carts etc. so she didn't notice the engine; I was still in the car.

I'm starting to think the 'engine on!' related instrumentation should be made bigger; a voice warning added...

...even the locking beep tone, which is so smart already it reminds you if you left your keys in, or a door is open, etc etc...may be adjusted.
Old 01-25-06, 09:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by enigma354
It was from the inside, and then when my mom went outside it was a crowded parking lot with lots of cars driving around, shopping carts etc. so she didn't notice the engine; I was still in the car.

I'm starting to think the 'engine on!' related instrumentation should be made bigger; a voice warning added...

...even the locking beep tone, which is so smart already it reminds you if you left your keys in, or a door is open, etc etc...may be adjusted.
well, maybe that's why you got the start botton now instead of turning the keys. when you push it (with the car started), you just shut it down