LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Put down a 600h deposit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 06:48 AM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put down a 600h deposit

Well, I put down a deposit on a 600h yesterday. I'm not sure that I'll actually take delivery given the number of unknowns (specific availability date, haven't test driven the new LS yet let alone even sat in one, trunk space question, etc), but I'm 10th in line at a dealership here in Atlanta. The deposit is fully refundable so there's no real risk and I know that if I wait, the line will only get longer if I decide later that it definitely is right for me. I'll certainly be watching the forums here for more info as it comes out and will look to take a test drive of the 460 as soon as I can.

Jeff
Old 07-26-06, 06:54 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
Well, I put down a deposit on a 600h yesterday. I'm not sure that I'll actually take delivery given the number of unknowns (specific availability date, haven't test driven the new LS yet let alone even sat in one, trunk space question, etc), but I'm 10th in line at a dealership here in Atlanta. The deposit is fully refundable so there's no real risk and I know that if I wait, the line will only get longer if I decide later that it definitely is right for me. I'll certainly be watching the forums here for more info as it comes out and will look to take a test drive of the 460 as soon as I can.

Jeff
Wow Congrats, what dealer in Atlanta?
Old 07-26-06, 08:00 AM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow Congrats, what dealer in Atlanta?
Hennessy on Peachtree Industrial.

Jeff
Old 07-26-06, 08:18 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 10th in line at a dealership here in Atlanta.
Tenth in line for the LS in general, or the 600hL specifically? That would be a pretty long line for the 600hL, especially since it won't come out for another 6-8 months...
Old 07-26-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, congrats! and yeah, if the line is for ls600hl, damn that's a long line already (though the car is coming in anothe 1/2 yr), since the car is 100+k
Old 07-26-06, 10:00 AM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Tenth in line for the LS in general, or the 600hL specifically? That would be a pretty long line for the 600hL, especially since it won't come out for another 6-8 months...
That's for the 600 specifically. They have over 100 deposits for the 460 already. The salesguy said that, typically, a significant % of people waiting don't actually take delivery for whatever reason. Also, you may have people ahead of you pass on a particular car due to its color. That vehicle can of course then be offered to the next person in line. So, being 10th in line probably doesn't mean that I'd have to wait for their 10th vehicle.

He said that with the GS450, only about 60% of the people waiting wound up taking delivery, so the same could happen with the 600. Heck, I could very well be one who passes after we find out more details. Beyond that, if it looks like I'd have ot wait much beyond June or if the model is delayed in general beyond that, I'd pass anyways as I'll be giving up my current vehicle at that point.

Jeff
Old 07-26-06, 03:55 PM
LexFather

thanks for the information Jeff
Old 07-26-06, 04:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, early congrats to you, have you thought about what color you want? Anyhow, I salute you and your success which has enabled you to purchase such a vehicle.
Old 07-26-06, 05:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

If I am going for the LS600hL (which I probably will not), I will definitely go with the LS hybrid exclusive color, the Black Opal a dark bluish purple, looks very good in the pics
Old 07-26-06, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
If I am going for the LS600hL (which I probably will not), I will definitely go with the LS hybrid exclusive color, the Black Opal a dark bluish purple, looks very good in the pics
i had second thought about that color the other day. however, i don't wanna buy the car is i can't see it in person. but the 600hl will likely be custom order car, so wonder if i will be able to see the color in person soon enough

That's for the 600 specifically. They have over 100 deposits for the 460 already. The salesguy said that, typically, a significant % of people waiting don't actually take delivery for whatever reason. Also, you may have people ahead of you pass on a particular car due to its color. That vehicle can of course then be offered to the next person in line. So, being 10th in line probably doesn't mean that I'd have to wait for their 10th vehicle.

He said that with the GS450, only about 60% of the people waiting wound up taking delivery, so the same could happen with the 600. Heck, I could very well be one who passes after we find out more details. Beyond that, if it looks like I'd have ot wait much beyond June or if the model is delayed in general beyond that, I'd pass anyways as I'll be giving up my current vehicle at that point.

Jeff
interesting facts and info there jeff, thanks for sharing. i agree it's not surprising that a lot of people drop out or defer to the color they want
Old 07-27-06, 10:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
i had second thought about that color the other day. however, i don't wanna buy the car is i can't see it in person. but the 600hl will likely be custom order car, so wonder if i will be able to see the color in person soon enough
You can ask your contacts in Lexus dealerships you have worked with before to notify you when they have a Black Opal coming in, so at least you can go take a look.
Old 07-27-06, 12:31 PM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

I saw the Black Opal in person on a 600h at the Atlanta Auto Show. It does indeed look pretty good. I'll probably wait on a color choice until I see the 460s in various colors later in the year.

Jeff
Old 07-27-06, 03:39 PM
azmike
Rookie

Is there a pretty good picture out there showing the black opal? I was thinking of black exterior and a light (not sure what it is called) camel or tan interior. Thanks.
Old 07-27-06, 05:22 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by azmike
Is there a pretty good picture out there showing the black opal?
Old 07-27-06, 05:30 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats my friend - please let us know when the big day arrives

Jonny

Quick Reply: Put down a 600h deposit