LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

First Drive report on Canadiandriver.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 10:44 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Drive report on Canadiandriver.com

not sure if anyone posted this yet - http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/07ls460.htm
Old 08-15-06, 12:08 AM
Faheta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice catch. The more LS pictures I see, the "cheaper" it looks. Bland and unsophisticated. I hope it'll be different when I see one in person.

I still think the first L-finess model (the GS) looks the best
Old 08-15-06, 08:07 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Faheta
Nice catch. The more LS pictures I see, the "cheaper" it looks. Bland and unsophisticated. I hope it'll be different when I see one in person.
I have to disagree: The LS is conservative looking, but having seen it in person, it is definately not "cheap" looking!!!

I have to agree that pictures don't do the car justice. Bland and unsophisticated? I think the better terms would be Subtle and Classic. The LS was never one to be "drop dead gorgeous," but rather one that is "undercover sexy."

Let the S-Class or 7-Series have the same class as P-Diddy or Donald Trump. Bling sometimes is not best.

The LS has more of a Cary Grant or Clark Gable finesse to it. You can't go wrong with classic black-tie attire. That is what the LS provides...
Old 08-15-06, 08:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for the link, it's the first time I've seen it in the maroon color. I think the long version looks better than the short, & the car looks great except for the slightly bland front end.
Old 08-15-06, 08:56 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Default More Info

Very nice find.

At the end of the article, there is a link to goto the lexus.ca website. There you can get more information on the LS and even download some screensavers and wallpapers.

So now we see Germany did a first drive. Canada does a first drive, yet the USA which is Lexus biggest customer does not get a first drive.

What's Up with that?

Is the the fault of Lexus, or the Car Magazines?
Old 08-15-06, 09:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i agree with andrew, the lwb looks so much better. the swb actually looks a bit funny in pics somehow, although they look ok in person. i can't wait to see the lwb in person.

and while some say the front doesn't look as exciting, i am definitely very pleased with it and actually there are a lot of small stuff that you see only in person.

imho, at least it's better than the 7 or the s class where they look "sophisticated" and the first impressive when i saw them were "huh?!"
Old 08-15-06, 10:01 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think it looks "cheap", but I do agree that it looks bland. I would still pick the S class and the A8 over the LS in styling. The LS does have a better looking butt than the S class though.
Old 08-15-06, 11:21 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

Great find.....
Old 08-15-06, 11:36 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. This is the first article that offers a complete list of options.
Originally Posted by Canadian Driver
LS 460

Premium Package: navigation system and Mark Levinson audio system with 19 speakers.

Technology Package: adds 4-zone climate control, pre-collision system, rear seat side airbags, rear heated and air conditioned power seats with power recline, slide and memory system, power assist doors, power trunk, clearance and back-up sensor, dynamic radar cruise control and advance parking guidance system.

LS 460L

Ultra Premium package: Mark Levinson, 19-speaker audio system rear seat audio control, premium leather, rear cool box, rear side window sun shades and 'escaine' roof head lining.

Premium Grand Touring package: adds sport tuned front and rear air suspension, 19-inch wheels and tires, larger front and rear disc brakes and electric variable ratio power steering.

Technology package: adds dynamic radar cruise control, back-up sensor, pre-collision system, advanced parking guidance system and a wallet-sized smart key.

Executive package: electric variable ratio power steering; front and rear adaptive variable air suspension; rear seat DVD entertainment system with fold-away nine-inch LCD monitor, audio and DVD remote control and two sets of headphones; fold-out table and arm rest with built-in 12-volt power supply; a rear right seat retractable ottoman with integral seat cushion air bag; rear seat massage function; and wallet-sized smart card.
Looks like a lot of goodies are not only available in expensive packages but also exclusive to the LS460L. I mean, why can't the LS460 have the wallet-size smart card? And where did memory seats go? Perhaps the list isn't a complete one after all.
Old 08-15-06, 01:37 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link. I really need to see the new LS in person...I nreally want to get excited about the car, but the only word that comes to mind right now from looking at the pictures is "conservative"
Old 08-15-06, 05:10 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I have to disagree: The LS is conservative looking, but having seen it in person, it is definately not "cheap" looking!!!

I have to agree that pictures don't do the car justice. Bland and unsophisticated? I think the better terms would be Subtle and Classic. The LS was never one to be "drop dead gorgeous," but rather one that is "undercover sexy."

Let the S-Class or 7-Series have the same class as P-Diddy or Donald Trump. Bling sometimes is not best.

The LS has more of a Cary Grant or Clark Gable finesse to it. You can't go wrong with classic black-tie attire. That is what the LS provides...
Subtle indeed. I like how the wheel spokes are ever so slightly curved.
Old 08-15-06, 07:21 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

I think the LS looks pretty good in dark colors, but it will need
a front lip (much like the GS does in my opinion). Those
18'' wheels look ridiculous on the car, but most conservative
people will not care. For a car as big as this I think you
need 20'' wheels at least...
Old 08-15-06, 07:31 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I just think that the design of those wheels looks terribly cheap. They could have done something better for the base rims.
Old 08-15-06, 07:53 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LS looks great in red! I am glad to see that color continue, although on the LS 430 it is rare indeed.