LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

official press kit with all details of LS460/460 L models

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 10:10 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default official press kit with all details of LS460/460 L models

http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt...07LS460_sf.pdf

the brownish color we have seen of the car at autoshows is not mentioned ias one of the exterior colors. FYI
Old 08-15-06, 10:40 PM
supernova
Driver School Candidate

very informing. thanks
Old 08-15-06, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah, nice stuff. definitely something to keep
Old 08-16-06, 04:27 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's plain unbelievable how the LS lost a whopping 6 cu. ft., or 1/3 of trunk space, from 18 cu. ft. to 12 cu. ft., when equipped with four-zone climate control. I mean, come on, the S-Class has had four-zone climate control for so many years and you don't see its trunk space eaten like that. Really makes me wonder how much trunk space the LS600hL will have left, having witnessed the sorry GS450h trunk. I say 6 cu. ft. perhaps?

With that much lost trunk space it had better be one heck of a super duper rear A/C to justify the loss. It'd better be able to freeze a good few bodies for the mafia boss. Oops sorry boss there isn't enough space for even one body there.

What the heck is up with Lexus's space usage these days?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-16-06 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 04:44 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Also, it's official.....NO memory seat for the passenger!! Not even available as an option. Not even in the LS460L!! What is Lexus thinking? That the car is so advanced that it no longer needs to cover the basics? Oh, I forgot, this is the US version. I saw that the Japanese and European versions have it. We Americans be damned.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-16-06 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 06:20 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Love the touring suspension option. If only you could get those 19's on the IS350 and GS430 maybe even the SC430.
Old 08-16-06, 07:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
With that much lost trunk space it had better be one heck of a super duper rear A/C to justify the loss. ...
Just chill. haha, couldn't resist. My guess is the space loss is from the 'rear cooler' box and not the climate control system / duct work.
Old 08-16-06, 09:16 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Just chill. haha, couldn't resist. My guess is the space loss is from the 'rear cooler' box and not the climate control system / duct work.
I think you're right bit, but still 6 cu. ft. of space loss is more than twice that of the LS430, where the rear A/C takes up just 2.7 cu. ft.

I hope the reason is just because the cooler box now stores twices as much stuff, and that Lexus has done their research indicating that the LS buyers prefer to store 6 more cans of beer than one more golf bag in the trunk.
Old 08-16-06, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Also, it's official.....NO memory seat for the passenger!! Not even available as an option. Not even in the LS460L!! What is Lexus thinking? That the car is so advanced that it no longer needs to cover the basics? Oh, I forgot, this is the US version. I saw that the Japanese and European versions have it. We Americans be damned.
i agree, i have absolutely no idea why it's so damn hard for them to put memory seat on the passenger side? it's ABSOLUTELY not something they didn't think of, considering that most other lexus have it already.... this is really a mystery to me.....

great note on the trunk space as well. kinda weird how much you lose by going with the rear a/c. like paul said, probably the cooler takes up some space, but 6cu ft, that's quite a bit....

i wouldn't just directly relate the 600hl trunk space as the 450h though. maybe they have better design the car in that aspect to place the better better?
Old 08-16-06, 09:55 AM
Gotham
Rookie

Maybe the memory seat for the front passenger might interfere with the rear ottoman on the L, but they could program an override so as not to have any issues.

I don't know why a memory passenger seat won't be there. We use ours all the time.
Old 08-16-06, 10:02 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gotham
Maybe the memory seat for the front passenger might interfere with the rear ottoman on the L, but they could program an override so as not to have any issues.

I don't know why a memory passenger seat won't be there. We use ours all the time.
What really angers me is that it's clearly seen from quite a few pics that the Japanese and Europeans are getting it but we Americans are not. I just don't understand any possible reason behind this "Americans don't need this and that" mentality. I can probably understand why there's no LS600h for the US market. But I simply don't see why we have no RSES for the LS460 and and no passenger memory seat at all, both of which are apparantly available in other markets.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-16-06 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 11:21 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't see the side passenger memory in the Channel 4 test drive, or on pics from Salzburg, or at Geneva, but they were on some other pics...I do assume the European version gets more bells and whistles standard...

It's not a deal-killer for me--one thing the LS 430 and 460 have is the driver's passenger seat controls, so that the driver can adjust the seat for the passenger...that's one thing that no other Lexus has.

Maybe we'll see the memory in the refresh. I do sit in the 430's front passenger seat often and while a memory seat would be a cool thing to have, I would rarely if ever use it. Still it woudl be nice...
Old 08-16-06, 11:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Front passenger seat memory is never a big issue for me maybe because I'm usually the driver, it's still a little puzzling though since all other Lexus have them.
I'm wondering if those few "pics" we saw with the front passenger memory buttons on the new LS are real unaltered pics of real cars . . .
Old 08-17-06, 04:01 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Glad that for the first time Lexus is offering factory 19" wheels in form of the Touring package. Anyone's seen them or has pictures of them? Too bad the Touring package is available only to the LS460L. Would've made more sense to have it on the LS460 since it's obviously more a driver's car than the LS460L. Lexus really limits a lot of goodies that could work well in the SWB to only the LWB. Exclusivity...right.

BTW, I don't see any mention of the wallet-sized smart card in the document. Is it available to the US after all?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-17-06 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-17-06, 06:43 PM
Big Jimm
Pole Position

Also, it's official.....NO memory seat for the passenger!!
But, I thought I read where the passenger seat - at least - automatically returns to a "standard" position, even though it can't be set at a "specific memory" position. (Meaning that if the previous person was lying down, the next person wouldn't find it that way when getting in.)

So .. if it at least returns to a "standard" position, that may not be so bad. (Guess this has never been problem with me.) My DHS Caddy passenger seat stays where the last person had it.

Big Jimm
So. Fla.

Last edited by Big Jimm; 08-17-06 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: official press kit with all details of LS460/460 L models