LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Any younger people like this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 08:44 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 23 and I'd rock it too! Wouldn't sell the Aristo for it though...instead would turn the Aristo into a full blown race orientated car and keep the LS as the cruiser
Old 09-12-06, 08:45 AM
timoc42
Lead Lap

I'm in my 20s and I love the design of the LS460.

However, it will not be my next car after I'm tired of my 05 LS. I see myself going for an SUV type car, just because I like variety in what I am driving.
Old 09-12-06, 08:54 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

im 24 and im very interested in it, maybe when im older tho, I still want sportiness and I dont need loads of space
Old 09-12-06, 09:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have been very interested in even the ls430 since 25. i am 28 now, and ls460 is almost the only car i want
Old 09-12-06, 11:11 AM
ic144
Driver

I'm 19 and I plan to get an LS for my mom on her birthday when I have the money.
Old 09-12-06, 11:34 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

I'm not old or young just 35. I would also give my left kidney for one... L model Black w/Cashmeir all options minus the executive seating. I already went to the dealer asking about it and was told high $70's to $80k.

I am waiting to see what the lease deals are...??

for now I just keep dreaming....Please let a new Rolls Royce total my car by a rich kind old lady. Then I can cry my baby was taken from me, and she will buy me a new one to try to make me feel better.....hey it could happen.
Old 09-12-06, 02:39 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, a 19-yr-old buying an $80k car for his mom... now I have heard everything.
Old 09-12-06, 06:57 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...some very interesting comments in this thread. I would say we have one of four things going on here:

1) some incredibly succesful youngsters who have found a way to buy a top of the line luxury car in the 20's (or even younger in some cases).

2) A bit of fantasizing on what car one wishes they had to drive.

3) Some older folks not wanting to admit their age, and thus skewing the apparent data on who drives an LS car. The marketing statistics from Lexus indicated the average driver was 62, so there is something not quite right with the representative data in this forum on who is driving these cars.

4) Some people living substantially beyond their means if they are driving this car and not making a pretty hefty salary to go with it.

In any case, for those of you who are fortunate enough to drive one, they certainly do make for an attractive car for all ages (especially the new LS460!).
Old 09-12-06, 07:09 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

20 and I'm thinking of a 07 GS or an 05-06 LS430 orrr...03-06 CL500 when I'm done with the SC.

oh decisions decisions...
Old 09-12-06, 07:50 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
Hmmm...some very interesting comments in this thread. I would say we have one of four things going on here:

1) some incredibly succesful youngsters who have found a way to buy a top of the line luxury car in the 20's (or even younger in some cases).

2) A bit of fantasizing on what car one wishes they had to drive.

3) Some older folks not wanting to admit their age, and thus skewing the apparent data on who drives an LS car. The marketing statistics from Lexus indicated the average driver was 62, so there is something not quite right with the representative data in this forum on who is driving these cars.
I think with the LS 460 they want to bring the average down to like 55. But this forum does not need to be representative IMO, it is a) on the internet, which skews younger anyway (except for Big Jimm who last week said he is 75--way to go Jimm!), and b) a very small sample of people who are Lexus/car enthusiasts.

Most people in general who drive cars, and Lexus owners included, don't think to visit a site on their car (the 50,000 CL members nonewithstanding out of 300,000/yr Lexus sales). The LS forum has also been relatively quiet across the months over the hot IS, GS, even ES forums.

Also one other thing to mention--those of us whose families own the car (like me), who have had a chance to drive and ride regularly in an LS, but don't own it.
Old 09-12-06, 07:53 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

being the resident youngster (17 ) im proud to say that id rock the new LS460 hard.
Old 09-12-06, 08:23 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 19 and I always have loved the LS-Series. They are just cars that make me say WOW! My dream is to own a LS 600hL or actually any Lexus when I make it of college and have my career set. I also love the current generation LS 430, the interior is just wow compared to the rest of the competition. After seeing the exterior in the NYIAS 2006 it is a truly beautiful car. I think it's nice how Lexus did not follow and put a BMW I-Drive like system like in the Acura RL, Infiniti M\FX\ or new G35, Audi A6\A8\Q7, and Mercedes-Benz S\CL-Class. I cannot wait to get in for a spin in the TOL 2006.
Old 09-12-06, 09:32 PM
uthatch
Driver

I posted before, but as I mentioned, I'm 31 and am going to buy an LS. Most people I tell think it's an old man's car and think I'm crazy. I'm hoping that once they see it, they'll think otherwise...but I don't really care either way.

I've had sports cars recently (2005 Corvette was the latest) and while a great car, I wearied of it after a while. I'm from the east coast originally and my father has about 30 cars back there (his most recent project is in the latest issue of Hot Rod for any old car nuts out there ) to tinker with, but I moved to Los Angeles for our business about 2 years ago. With that move came a limit on my space and therefore a limit on how many vehicles I can have. So using the Corvette day in and day out wore me out. Like a I said, it's a great car, but it's hot, the run-flats are noisy, and it had a few minor issues that got on my nerves.

So with all these things in mind, I decided I wanted the very least annoying, quietest, most technologically advanced car I could get...enter the LS. I want to drive this car for 2-3 years, 50,000-60,000 miles and have it NOT drive me crazy. I want a relaxed car that's easy to use. And I also want a car that has prestige. I want Blue-Tooth, nav, air-con seats, etc. I can't think of an alternative. (Caddy's are very weak in my opinion, although I'd love to love them.)

I refuse to buy a German car. The German's certainly engineer the hell out of a car, but they also make some downright junk. PLUS, I will never support a country that does nothing but bring the US greif. The Japanese did some horrible things in the past, but they are now one of our staunchest allies. The Germans did some horrible things in the past, and now are jealous of the US so they constantly go against the grain. The latest is Mohammed Ali Hamadi's negotiated release. I will never buy German...I'll walk first.
Old 09-12-06, 10:12 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

I'm twelve and I've had two cars so far. The Lambo when I was 11, the S55 when I was ten and this will be my next car. It should be here tomorrow, Sept. 13th as I wil be the first one in the country to get one. I make all my own money but (of course) have a driver until I am old enough to legally drive. Man, this porm website business is a killer business. Sorry, but the BS was getting a little thick in here!
Old 09-12-06, 11:43 PM
ic144
Driver

Originally Posted by diablo1
Wow, a 19-yr-old buying an $80k car for his mom... now I have heard everything.
Naw. When I have the money, the 2007 LS would probably almost be near the end of it's product cycle and the next-gen LS would be coming out.

But assuming the LS lineup continues to the be the best luxury sedan, I'm sticking with the Lexus.

Quick Reply: Any younger people like this car?