LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Any younger people like this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 11:46 PM
ic144
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I think it's nice how Lexus did not follow and put a BMW I-Drive like system like in the Acura RL, Infiniti M\FX\ or new G35, Audi A6\A8\Q7, and Mercedes-Benz S\CL-Class.
Some say the German engineers copy each other so much that if Mercedes-Benz engineers jumped off a bridge, BMW and Audi whitecoats would follow right behind them. aka. Motortrend.
Old 09-13-06, 02:11 AM
*wishlist*
Driver

25. i liked the ls 400 the first time i saw it (pretty young). i really liked it when the 430 came out. now i really really like the what i see in the 460 so far. hopefully i will be able to afford a new ls in the future.
Old 09-13-06, 04:06 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow, i feel very poor when i read this post. How can there be so many rich kids in this forum.

BTW I'm 18 and have fantasized about all lexuses since i was able to talk. My dream car (when i was like 7) was a green lexus es300. I wish I could afford a 2002 ls430 sport in white but that won't be for another 10 years. haha... oh well.

If i had the money, i would buy a new ls460 in white, w/ swb air susp, nav and ML. The other options are gimmicky IMO.
Old 09-13-06, 04:22 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by omarg
wow, i feel very poor when i read this post. How can there be so many rich kids in this forum.
I have to question how many of the 18 to 22 year olds on this board actually personally own multiple brand new luxury cars (look at the cars in ricky.agrawal's sig, for example) on their own dime. And no I don't mean 'own dime' as in their parents gave them the money and now it's their money, or they were made president of their grandpa's company because their grandpa hooked them up and they got good grades. I mean like they grew up in a family that supported them financially no different than your average kid - they just made some good decisions early in life and are making that much money even without a basic 4 year degree.

Short of winning the lottery I just don't believe anybody fits that profile aside from the extremely rare .com genius teenage kid and stuff along those lines.

I'm 24 and my wife is 23. I'm a network admin and consultant and have been since I was 18 and going to college at the same time - my wife graduated with a masters and CPA and made it into a top 4 auditing firm within 4 years of graduating highschool. I also invested in a small but substantial portion of a new restaurant in my area. And between the two of us we STILL don't make enough to truely be able to afford driving more than my Audi, her 4Runner, and maybe a new Corvette or something if we wanted to be a little irresponsible. Our household income is around 4 times the average income in our area. We could driving some really nice cars but we'd be living ghetto-fab, really - we would be making payments on everything we own. Instead we're paying off a 4k sq ft home on an 8 year schedule, maxing out our IRAs each year, and driving what's in my sig.

All of this is not stated to brag... because obviously compared to others on this forum I'm flipping POOR AS HELL.... But my point is that I know a LOT of people in real life and I have yet to meet somebody my age or younger that has managed to accomplish what I have, financially, without assistance from their parents or other 'silver spoon' sources in life. And I know plenty of those too.
Old 09-13-06, 11:00 PM
ic144
Driver

Originally Posted by Threxx
I have to question how many of the 18 to 22 year olds on this board actually personally own multiple brand new luxury cars (look at the cars in ricky.agrawal's sig, for example) on their own dime. And no I don't mean 'own dime' as in their parents gave them the money and now it's their money, or they were made president of their grandpa's company because their grandpa hooked them up and they got good grades. I mean like they grew up in a family that supported them financially no different than your average kid - they just made some good decisions early in life and are making that much money even without a basic 4 year degree.

Short of winning the lottery I just don't believe anybody fits that profile aside from the extremely rare .com genius teenage kid and stuff along those lines.

I'm 24 and my wife is 23. I'm a network admin and consultant and have been since I was 18 and going to college at the same time - my wife graduated with a masters and CPA and made it into a top 4 auditing firm within 4 years of graduating highschool. I also invested in a small but substantial portion of a new restaurant in my area. And between the two of us we STILL don't make enough to truely be able to afford driving more than my Audi, her 4Runner, and maybe a new Corvette or something if we wanted to be a little irresponsible. Our household income is around 4 times the average income in our area. We could driving some really nice cars but we'd be living ghetto-fab, really - we would be making payments on everything we own. Instead we're paying off a 4k sq ft home on an 8 year schedule, maxing out our IRAs each year, and driving what's in my sig.

All of this is not stated to brag... because obviously compared to others on this forum I'm flipping POOR AS HELL.... But my point is that I know a LOT of people in real life and I have yet to meet somebody my age or younger that has managed to accomplish what I have, financially, without assistance from their parents or other 'silver spoon' sources in life. And I know plenty of those too.
I can't speak for the other people on this board. But as in my case, the Lexus I'm driving belongs to my parents. Since I drive this car everyday, people ask me, "hey, what car do you drive?" My answer would be "a Lexus." But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm the one who worked my butt off to buy that car.

I also know some families who do real estate and have many cars in their garage. My friend's parents own a GMC Yukon, BMW 745i, Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG. Since my friend takes turns driving each car, when you ask him, "what car do you drive?" he'll give you that whole list.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

As for me getting an LS for my mom as a birthday present, that's more like a gesture of appreciation because I'd like to pay back my parents for all the money and effort that they've spent to raise my brother and I.

And no, not even a $200,000 Ferrari can repay the sacrifices my parents have gone through.

The birthday gift is just to expression my appreciation.
Old 09-13-06, 11:27 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I'd rock it, but I don't find it functional for my current car needs. My IS suits me -- it has the space and power that I need. Do I need a big passenger car with about 400 hp? Not yet.

I like the LS. Would I buy one? Not at this time...

However, if it looked like this, I'm putting my deposit down!!!
Im 26 and I like the LS especially if it looked like that. . .
Old 09-14-06, 06:15 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

If you want to list your parent's/uncle's/sister's/grandpa's car in your sig, do us a favor and at least mention something like "cars own by my family members".... honesty never hurts even if it wasn't your intention to be dishonest.

Last edited by Threxx; 09-14-06 at 08:29 AM. Reason: following LexArazzo's advice
Old 09-14-06, 07:59 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with listing all the cars in your household in your sig
There's not necessarily anything wrong with it if you don't play games by just 'happening' to neglect to mention that it wasn't 'actually' you who bought a brand new 60k dollar car, it was your dad or uncle or whatever.

I mean my dad flies left seat for FedEx on various widebody jets. If I posted "got upgraded to the Airbus A380, making 200k/yr now" but didn't use the word "I" and was actually referring to my dad whom was in my household at the time... would that really be honest?
Old 09-14-06, 08:35 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
Im 26 and I like the LS especially if it looked like that. . .
Just give it a couple of months, I'm sure some bloke in CA will have something like that haha.

Originally Posted by ic144
I can't speak for the other people on this board. But as in my case, the Lexus I'm driving belongs to my parents. Since I drive this car everyday, people ask me, "hey, what car do you drive?" My answer would be "a Lexus." But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm the one who worked my butt off to buy that car.

I also know some families who do real estate and have many cars in their garage. My friend's parents own a GMC Yukon, BMW 745i, Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG. Since my friend takes turns driving each car, when you ask him, "what car do you drive?" he'll give you that whole list.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

As for me getting an LS for my mom as a birthday present, that's more like a gesture of appreciation because I'd like to pay back my parents for all the money and effort that they've spent to raise my brother and I.

And no, not even a $200,000 Ferrari can repay the sacrifices my parents have gone through.

The birthday gift is just to expression my appreciation.
Indeed. I do intend to either send my parents on a vacation (god, my mum deserves like.. 10 vacations for everything she's done. I don't remember the last time she was able to relax) or get them a Lexus.
Old 09-14-06, 09:10 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

I don't remember what's in my sig, but my dad owns all the cars in my sig if there are any except the LS400 when we finally sold it and by the end of this year the SL500 as well.

Unless I some how lose all my money
I bought the LS400 from him after a few months and I'm hoping to do the same with the SL500.
Old 09-14-06, 09:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok guys, i don't want to go in and start removing posts, so please from this point on, pleaes move forward and stay on topic -- if young people like this car.

anything OT from this point i will start to take actions
Old 09-14-06, 09:16 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally Posted by rominl
ok guys, i don't want to go in and start removing posts, so please from this point on, pleaes move forward and stay on topic -- if young people like this car.

anything OT from this point i will start to take actions
Here's an on topic post.

Lexus should have a LS460 cruising around on 24 inch rims.
That'd get young stupid kids to love the LS.

It worked with the Escalade, the Navigator, and a bunch of other sub-par vehicles.
Old 09-14-06, 09:20 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Here's an on topic post.

Lexus should have a LS460 cruising around on 24 inch rims.
That'd get young stupid kids to love the LS.

It worked with the Escalade, the Navigator, and a bunch of other sub-par vehicles.
24" is way too big for the LS. Heck, in my opinion it's too big for even those SUVs. The previous Escalade was definitely sub-par, no question about it. The new 07 is truely nice and potentially even class-leading at the moment, IMO, if off-roading is not one of your intended primary uses.
The old Escalade I think had 17" standard, 20" optional. The new one has 18" standard and 22" optional.

I think the LS460 has 18" standard, 19" optional... right?
Old 09-14-06, 09:22 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

You're probably right with the 24's not fitting, but that didn't prevent owners of 5000$ hoopties putting 26 inch chrome blocks on their rides (ew)

The new Escalade looks fantastic, however I'm not ready to deal with the unproved reliability hence we got a LX470 very recently.

I hope the LS has 17 inch standard and whatever else optional OEM wise. Meaning you can get a plusssssssh ride regularly, and if you want you can still get OEM quality larger wheels just like BMW does.
Old 09-14-06, 09:54 AM
timoc42
Lead Lap

wow ... interesting to see how the thread changed from liking the car to younger people having money to buy cars.

Anyways, I think I would not modify a LS460 until such extremes (anything more than 20s), and make it very low.

I would buy an LS for its soft luxury ride, and if I wanted any stiffer ride, I better be able to afford a 2nd car, that I can 'play' around with.

Quick Reply: Any younger people like this car?