LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pricing information for LS460 (my info)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 09:34 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if the 460 SWB is 66 and doesn't include nav or lev or climate control seats, center console, and several other options, and the LWB includes all of that and more for 8k more plus the extra wheelbase... to me that doesn't sound right - sounds like too significant of an increase in content for only 8k.

I'm not saying it's too cheap or too expensive, I'm just using that in my mind to make a guess that 66k must include at least nav and a couple other small options to make it 'only' an 8k jump to the LWB and all its extra standard features.

Last edited by Threxx; 09-14-06 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-14-06, 10:19 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
audi a8, at 68k, i think it's really "base", does it have nav?

The A8 starts at 68k sticker and yes, it comes standard with nav as well as some other nice features like AWD.

The A8 has a really nice solid foundation for its chassis it's a pretty advanced aluminum space frame - shared with the Phaeton and in some ways the Bentley Continental, too.

With all of that said, I would never ever buy the A8 over the LS460. I might lease one over the LS460 if the rate was significantly better, much like the reason I leased my A4 instead of an IS350. But I'd never want to outright own an Audi - too poorly made for the long haul.

Here's the specs for the A8, FWIW
http://www.audiusa.com/features_spec...andardfeatures
Old 09-14-06, 12:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you are going about this the wrong way. With regards to the new LS, specifically the LS600h, it is going to be an "Ultra LS" so to speak, and the top flagship model of the LS line, so it will have a noticeable premium over other LS models, even after factoring in the cost of the Lexus Hybrid Drive, AWD, etc. The extra premium will exist because the LS600h will be a prestige model.

I believe virtually everything will be standard on the LS600h, and that it will come very loaded, with very few, or possibly no options. It has mechanical AWD which will be able to handle all that high horsepower and immense torque. In a few months, we will also see AWD being added as an option to the LS460.

Expect the LS600h to have some unique features and options which we have yet to hear about. We know about the leather-covered dash, the LED headlights, and the larger 5.0L V8. But don't be suprised to see some other things.
Old 09-14-06, 02:22 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
In a few months, we will also see AWD being added as an option to the LS460.
The LS460l or the SWB 460 as well?

Expect the LS600h to have some unique features and options which we have yet to hear about. We know about the leather-covered dash, the LED headlights, and the larger 5.0L V8. But don't be suprised to see some other things.
I'll be very interested to see. LED lights will be debuted by a couple of other companies in model year 2008 as well including lincoln on a car costing half what the 600h will. The new Caddy CTS will also have a leather dash as the refreshed SRX already does, and those sell for under 40k. So unfortunately while those are certainly nice features to see in the LS, I don't think it's one of those things you'll be able to say you only get in a 100k dollar car. They're already starting to become mainstream.

Though to be honest I'm not sure I like the idea of leather on the dash. It's nothing new to mercedes and if not taken care of after years in the sun it can start to look a little worn - more worn than just a standard 'naked' dash, anyway.
Old 09-14-06, 02:31 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Threxx
Though to be honest I'm not sure I like the idea of leather on the dash. It's nothing new to mercedes and if not taken care of after years in the sun it can start to look a little worn - more worn than just a standard 'naked' dash, anyway.
First mod - 5% tint all around to protect the dash leather.
Old 09-14-06, 07:54 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

got an email for a personal LS page shows the things that are standard/optional under vehicle specs:

http://www.ls.lexus.com/daniel_nguyen/show
Old 09-14-06, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Some of you are going about this the wrong way. With regards to the new LS, specifically the LS600h, it is going to be an "Ultra LS" so to speak, and the top flagship model of the LS line, so it will have a noticeable premium over other LS models, even after factoring in the cost of the Lexus Hybrid Drive, AWD, etc. The extra premium will exist because the LS600h will be a prestige model.

I believe virtually everything will be standard on the LS600h, and that it will come very loaded, with very few, or possibly no options. It has mechanical AWD which will be able to handle all that high horsepower and immense torque. In a few months, we will also see AWD being added as an option to the LS460.

could be, though i am not sure if it will be "that" much of a premium like 10k? with the current generation, there isn't any added premium. in fact, more like the other way, it seems like a "better" deal
Old 09-14-06, 10:25 PM
jblackbelt
Rookie

its september 15th on Eastern time! I WANT MY PRICES!!!
Old 09-14-06, 10:31 PM
uthatch
Driver

Originally Posted by jblackbelt
I'll second that!!
Old 09-14-06, 10:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jblackbelt
lol, damn, you guys need to calm down
Old 09-15-06, 05:23 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uthatch
I'll second that!!
I'll third & fourth it!!!

Where will the prices appear?

At the dealership?

on-line at Lexus.com???
Old 09-15-06, 05:51 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Default Thanks for the videos

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
got an email for a personal LS page shows the things that are standard/optional under vehicle specs:

http://www.ls.lexus.com/daniel_nguyen/show
Thanks

That was great, especially the first video with Charles.

Thanks again
Old 09-15-06, 06:11 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
could be, though i am not sure if it will be "that" much of a premium like 10k? with the current generation, there isn't any added premium. in fact, more like the other way, it seems like a "better" deal
all new, larger more modern design
+100 hp +80trq when actually gaining 1 city and 2 hwy mpg
8 speed transmission
18" standard
advanced safety system
who knows what other nice things are new/made standard over the LS430
smoothness and quietness increased as lexus says
materials and workmanship increased significantly
price has to follow its competition, the BMW 750 and MB S550 or else it wont be considered as a competitor
etc.

im sure all this is worth a premium over the 430, ask yourself is an S550/750 worth the premium over an LS, thats for the buyer to decide

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 09-15-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 10:43 AM
jblackbelt
Rookie

its almost 2pm EST and no LS prices have been released...im getting worried...what time should these come out?
Old 09-15-06, 11:22 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone considered giving Lexus a call and asking what the plan is?

Quick Reply: Pricing information for LS460 (my info)